Phil Jones | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He does need to be a little more careful, but he'll be our only CB willing to put his body on the line to win the ball next season now Vidic is gone
Nah, that's crap. Both Smalling and Evans are brave in the tackle.

Jones is reckless, though. Needs to wise up a bit. He's very young for a central defender. That should come with experience. Don't think he deserves all the stick the co-commentator gave him for the injury last night though. I think it was a cynical and dangerous challenge from Figueroa. He's the player who should be getting shit today.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Putting aside his kamikaze moments, nothing I have seen tells me he is/will be a top player.
I honestly agree. I know people want him to be our next top CB for years on end, but if I'm being honest, I see Evans and Smalling a solid level or two above.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Nah, that's crap. Both Smalling and Evans are brave in the tackle.

Jones is reckless, though. Needs to wise up a bit. He's very young for a central defender. That should come with experience.
Agree with this.

He also needs to learn that when the ball is 3' off the floor kicking it is a better option than the diving header he seems to go for an awful lot of the time.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He needs to stop being so stupid and going for things he has no chance of making. We really are doomed with injuries at the back.

JaapStam1986

He just seems to run about, pulling a stupid face before doing a kamikaze into the opposition. He just needs to calm it down a bit. There is a thin line between being courageous and just being plain daft; Jones gone across that line to the being in the plain daft category. If he calms it down and just thinks about it before diving in sometimes, he may spend more time on the pitch than on the treatment table.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
He is the clumsiest player I have ever seen. Just can't control himself from throwing himself into stupid challenges. Some of them are just better left alone and handled in a different way. We all know he is committed. He feels he needs to show it at every opportunity. Pretty stupid and hopefully he matures quick enough to stop throwing himself into silly challenges. He is going to spend half the time on the injury table if he continues at this rate.

ZDwyr

He needs to change his approach. It's great that he wants to be that warrior type of defender, but he needs to be smarter about it. Otherwise he'll just be injured all the time and be known as a "rash" player. Obviously still young though, so there is time to learn.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Phil fecking Jones...

i'm the only one thinking that him in midfield is the only way for England to have some chance to go through to the next round in the world cup?
Too bad poor old Roy didn't agree with me.

i really hope LvG understands the type of player he has in his hands. I don't want one of our best players to go to waste.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
I really like Jones and I truly believe he can become one of the top Center backs but he needs to stop being reckless and injuring himself. What use is it being a good player when you injure yourself all the time because of stupidity? He just needs to stop using his body as a human cannonball and this problem also applies to Rafael.

Status
Not open for further replies.