Phil Jones | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Wow you are a bunch of plastic bastards.

He was always overrated somewhat but he's played 75% of his football out of position for us and people still feel the need to nitpick.

Grow up.

Last edited:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's been really poor since he came back from injury. We need to stop playing him in midfield, just play him in defence and let him develop. He hasn't been running around, closing down and providing that source of energy in midfield as he did before. This could be excused if he had other qualities to be picked in midfield, but seeing as that's probably the main reason we pick him there, its not good enough.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
He's been really poor since he came back from injury. We need to stop playing him in midfield, just play him in defence and let him develop. He hasn't been running around, closing down and providing that source of energy in midfield as he did before. This could be excused if he had other qualities to be picked in midfield, but seeing as that's probably the main reason we pick him there, its not good enough.
Probably not had sex in months...Can affect one's game

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Phil Jones never goes without sex. He is the Greatest Pick-Up Artist of all time.
Phil Jones likes his meat to be really rare! He only eats Unicorns!!

On a side note, can you imagine that face on top of you giving you one?!?!....feck me the guys in Hollywood would kill for a face like that to be in their movies

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'd love to put him higher up the pitch for a match or two. Just to see.
I'm guessing this isn't serious? I mean it's not like we have kagawa, Valencia, young, nani, mata, Rooney, rvp, welbeck or Hernandez for those positions but let's move a defender there, just to see.

mufcwarm92

I really like the defensive trio of Evans and Smalling with Jones just in front. They seem to have a good understanding and they look solid.

Adebesi

The other great thing about Jones playing is even if the result doesnt go the way you hope, you always have the prospect of some freeze-frame-fun with his face in the days after the game to cheer yourself up.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Cant wait to see hin bacj in defence. He's been very good for us in midfield but defence is his long term position and the sooner we get him and smalling playing together back there the better for us.

LR7

I really like the defensive trio of Evans and Smalling with Jones just in front. They seem to have a good understanding and they look solid.
The good thing about it for me is that Jonny Evans is by far our best CB at bringing the ball out from the back, and he obviously feels more confident doing so knowing that Jones is there to cover for him and drop back into defence if needs be.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
That didn't look good, did it? Hope it's just a concussion and not his neck.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
He has the knack for being so awkward, he will always cause himself some sort of injury. Hope he is alright.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
What exactly happened? Did he bang his head and get concussed? There wasn't anything obvious in that fall.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Didn't like the way he fell. I hate it every time the stretcher is involved. Hope Phil's alright. Last thing we needed now.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
He has the knack for being so awkward, he will always cause himself some sort of injury. Hope he is alright.
True, if it was possible at all he could probably do with learning not to be so clumsy in the future. Lads that play like that, doesn't matter what sport it's in will be picking up knocks every 2 game. I wouldn't mind but I think a lot of the time there does be no need for him to go in as committed as he does.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
What exactly happened? Did he bang his head and get concussed? There wasn't anything obvious in that fall.
Yeah, almost seemed like he was knocked out and unable to control his fall which gave his neck a brutal jolt as he landed.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Moyes just confirmed he's concussed but otherwise ok. Has had a scan in hospital.

One good thing.

Minkaro

Tackled a West Brom player so hard that at some point in the future that player's grandchild is going to go flying up in the air for no apparent reason.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Sloppy a bit at the start, was smashing the ball at West Brom players but the goal helped us a lot and he's done well afterwards. A lot of hard tackling with a lot of power.

Only thing I'm worried about is how easily Anichebe kept the ball, turned with it, outmuscled both him and Smalling and he looked pretty good for a shite player. Don't want to sound stupid but we need some more physicality from our CBs, 'need to bulk up' basically :nervous:

MajorTom

I thought he was fantastic today at centre back. Two or three really well timed meaty challenges and always in the right position. Clean sheets have been something we have lacked in most games and he was key to us getting one today. I want to see him at centre back for the remainder of the season now to (hopefully) cement his place for next season as a starter there. Good goal too from the corner to put us ahead.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Was a bit sloppy although you'd have though he was pumping Micheal Owen's wife the way he was going on about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.