Phil Jones | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepolice123

He got skinned by Ribery a few times but thankfully he didn't do anything daft like what Rafael usually does. Solid defending throughout.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Great performance, although he was partly responsible for their goal, but still won't have it against him.

Chabon

I would draw your attention to who we played alongside Carrick today.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Right so far I have Jones as playing in the following positions for us:

RB, CB, LB, CDM, CM, CAM.

Only Goalkeeper, Striker and Winger to go.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
? He was great. Who was better? De Gea or Carrick perhaps but its hardly worth a questionmark.
Easily is a stretch. Welbeck, Vidic and Ferdinand played better than him imo. It really was a team effort mind but I really didn't see Jones do anything his teammates weren't doing.

Bross

Noggie Pez Dispenser
Chillin with Giggsy at the Retardment Castle
Easily is a stretch. Welbeck, Vidic and Ferdinand played better than him imo. It really was a team effort mind but I really didn't see Jones do anything his teammates weren't doing.
Maybe. Cant say I was at my most analytical during the game :D He stood out for me somehow, and Im not even a huge fan of his ability on the pitch normally.

besty1

Heroic stuff from him tonight. Possibly not an elite player technically but full of heart and effort.

Reminiscent of his performance in the Bernabeau at this stage last year.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Maybe. Cant say I was at my most analytical during the game :D He stood out for me somehow, and Im not even a huge fan of his ability on the pitch normally.
I've just had a look at the MOTM thread and Jones is nowhere to be seen. I don't blame you for thinking that though as our back 4 were all sensational.

Timdbro

Wow, maybe I need to watch the match again; I didn't think he was great defensively, not bad at dealing with their crosses but got skinned quite a few times.

mufcwarm92

Absolutely love the man. We have many headers, many tackles, many gurns to look forward to over the years.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
#AskPhilJones

I don't understand why clubs do these Q&As on Twitter. So many avenues for abuse.

#AskPhilJones if you had to pick between stabbing yourself in the eye and playing alongside Tom Cleverley, which eye would you stab?

#AskPhilJones I've never played for a pub team, since you do it every week, what's it like?

#AskPhilJones If you could drop one player from the team, how would you tell Cleverley?

A1X

Everyone picking on Tom Cleverley but not on big Phil. It's almost like they're scared of him.

I know I am.

Suli

"Do you get parents evening at uni?"
#AskPhilJones Must you throw yourself into every challenge like a dolphin trying to escape a tuna net? It just gets you hurt.

:lol:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He probably is the residential hard man in training now that Vidic is old and looks bored of life. Hasn't he had a few [alleged] bouts with Rooney and come up trumps?

Suli

"Do you get parents evening at uni?"
He probably is the residential hard man in training now that Vidic is old and looks bored of life. Hasn't he had a few [alleged] bouts with Rooney and come up trumps?
There's been a few rumours that Jones was the reason for a few injuries in training :lol:

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

All your Phil Jones questions answered, you can now sleep easier at night!

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
I was going to ask when he was going to come out with his own TC23-esque brand but then I noticed the Facebook link. :lol:

rio's upper lip

#AskPhilJones

I don't understand why clubs do these Q&As on Twitter. So many avenues for abuse.

#AskPhilJones if you had to pick between stabbing yourself in the eye and playing alongside Tom Cleverley, which eye would you stab?

#AskPhilJones I've never played for a pub team, since you do it every week, what's it like?

#AskPhilJones If you could drop one player from the team, how would you tell Cleverley?
Brilliant :lol:

I think even Clevz himself have to chuckle at that.

Walters_19_MuFc

Surprised this thread hasn't been touch today. Thought he was absolutely superb at right back today, both defensively and going forward, forever making those driving runs to get around Valencia and providing an outlet.

Great performance by Jones.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Wouldn't say superb but he did well. Not too much of a threat to deal with at all defensively, and occasionally put in some cross howlers. It was a lot less shaky and a lot more composed.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He looks much more natural playing as fullback than Smalling does, I really don't see single reason to play Smalling there when Jones is fit. On CB I would pick Smalling any day though.

Status
Not open for further replies.