View full 2014-15 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Sad Chris

Great stuff, Woody! Get them signing and resigning while they're hot! Sloth is here to stay...wahaaaaay!

Shark

@NotShark
Good news! Now, if he can just stop injuring himself and others, he might reach his supposed potential.

Sam

"We are delighted that Phil has signed a new contract. He is a talented footballer with great versatility and can play in a number of positions.''

Van Gaal considering him as a right back? Or am I looking into that statement too much? I can't much see LVG seeing Jones as a midfielder like Fergie did.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Who needs new signings when you've got Phil Jones until 2019 :drool:

This sounds sarcastic but I'm genuinely happy with the news. Even if you don't think he's first team quality, surely no one can argue he's not even a useful squad player?

ZDwyr

Glad he has been re-signed. Not so happy about the multiple positions comment. Don't want to see him at RB or in midfield again.

Dante

Average bang
The multiple positions thing will only come into play if we have an injury crisis at RB or CDM. It's a nice option to have, but I don't see van Gaal making Jones a regular anywhere other than central defence.