Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

iKeano

Sometimes I feel like one of very of the few who really rate Jones it seems, I do really hope he can find consistency with his body and become a regular in the 11 again.
The only 11 he will become a regular in is ward 11.

Liability, fit or not.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
His head and neck are too big for his body.

iKeano

Laugh all you want . I may be in the minority but there is a good player in him . Injuries are bad but that doesnt makes a player bad
I strongly disagree. He's better when he's injured.... so he's far, far from the playing field.

Ephrem

I strongly disagree. He's better when he's injured.... so he's far, far from the playing field.
SAF , Moyes , LVG and now Jose all seems to rated him highly even though he get injured a lot . I prefer to trust their opinions .

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
There is a very good player in there, just needs an injury free season and it will show.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
SAF , Moyes , LVG and now Jose all seems to rated him highly even though he get injured a lot . I prefer to trust their opinions .
In hindsight, we know for a fact that due to injury Jones has been useless.
So, in hindsight (which previous managers did not have), SAF, Moyes and LVG were all wrong.
Jose, within reason, does have hindsight and he should know better.
To rely on Jones as one of our main CBs, is silly.

It's like relying on Falcao to score a goal. If a manager does this, he deserves to get a lot of flack.

Jones does not have a body made for football. It's as simple as that. He won't be playing too many games this season and will likely move on when his contract expires. No club would pay money for this hospital patient.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
His performance pic really bothers me for some reason. Not fear on him or us.

Lets hope he stays fit this season.

Ephrem

In hindsight, we know for a fact that due to injury Jones has been useless.
So, in hindsight (which previous managers did not have), SAF, Moyes and LVG were all wrong.
Jose, within reason, does have hindsight and he should know better.
To rely on Jones as one of our main CBs, is silly.

It's like relying on Falcao to score a goal. If a manager does this, he deserves to get a lot of flack.

Jones does not have a body made for football. It's as simple as that. He won't be playing too many games this season and will likely move on when his contract expires. No club would pay money for this hospital patient.
My point was if he stays fit then he will be in the team . But its pretty sure this is his last chance here . Are you suggesting you have better hindsight than these managers anyway dude ? They saw something in him , now its upto him to prove them wrong and this is his last chance . Jhones needs to protect his body and play football . He has to understand ever 50-50 is not good . If he can do that then he will stay fit for longer periods . If he doesnt do that then Tuanzbe / Williams will be knocking on the door to take his place . The fact that we are yet to link with another CB and Blind still at CB used by Jose indicates no more CB signings to me .

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
If I understood Mourinho's post match interview, he said he wasn't selected, which probably means he probably fit then? Behind Rojo in pecking order then?

RedStarUnited

If I understood Mourinho's post match interview, he said he wasn't selected, which probably means he probably fit then? Behind Rojo in pecking order then?
Rojo covers 2 position. He is a great player to have as a sub. If either Shaw or Blind need to be subbed then you got a player that can cover both. When Smalling is back, I suspect Blind will take Rojos position.

jesperjaap

The player we signed from Blackburn was one of the best English prospects in a long time.....then again so was Micah Richards. Whether it is injury or simply a lack of progression Jones has actually got poorer year by year that he has been with us. Hope if he stays fit, which is a doubt that Mourinho can have a similar effect to LVGs on Smalling who has not been much better until a very good season last year.

Either way for JOnes it is surely his last season to prove himself here.

Minimalist

Hasn't made a single matchday squad.

He's not injured,is he?
No word of injury. Only excuse is match fitness but I think it's clear early on, Mourinho is not going to have him anywhere near the first XI. Rightly so.

Walters_19_MuFc

No. Just can't make the squad, like Darmian, Memphis, Carrick (tonight), Rojo, etc. We have a very good squad, and because of his past injuries, I guess Mourinho didn't trust him, hence the Bailly signing.

I really like Jones, but it's going to be hard for him to get back into the team. Having said that, if we sell Rojo, then we'd be left with Smalling, Bailly, Blind and Jones.

badkins

Wasn't training today according to the papers. Another injury before even kicking a ball this season?

Kostur

海尔的老板
Would be pretty funny given that he'd be a 100% starter tomorrow I guess.

Perhaps funny is a wrong word, it would be typical.

Litch

Lost his way here and needs to find a club with the pressure or intensity of football of a top team.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I know he's a figure of fun now but if he does end up not making it at United that would be a crying shame. He really did look like a brilliant talent in his first season. The hyperbole at the time was justified. We've had a bunch of what were once really promising young prospects leave the club over the last decade (Anderson, Nani, Welbeck, Evans, Rafael, Hernandez etc) and the fact that none of them kicked on as hoped is a big reason we're so far off the pace. If Jones leaves that's it for all of the "golden generation" of young players Fergie hoped would form the backbone of our next great team. Depressing really.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

I know he's a figure of fun now but if he does end up not making it at United that would be a crying shame. He really did look like a brilliant talent in his first season. The hyperbole at the time was justified. We've had a bunch of what were once really promising young prospects leave the club over the last decade (Anderson, Nani, Welbeck, Evans, Rafael, Hernandez etc) and the fact that none of them kicked on as hoped is a big reason we're so far off the pace. If Jones leaves that's it for all of the "golden generation" of young players Fergie hoped would form the backbone of our next great team. Depressing really.
Smalling isn't part of that group? :)

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Wasn't training today according to the papers. Another injury before even kicking a ball this season?
If that's the case then he seriously need's to think of another career. What a tragic waste of talent. Reminds me of Ledley King in the sense that they're both great players in bodies that couldn't handle the rigours of pro footy.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
We signed Dave at around the same time, that turned out well. I get your point though.
The likes of Welbeck, Cleverly, Anderson etc not turning into world class players meant we had to keep using the old guard more an we were supposed to. When their performances, fell of a cliff, we were fecked

Rossa

Agree with the poster below that Smalling should be in there. Otherwise I agree. It was, however, wrong selling both Hernandez and Rafael as we didn't bring in good enough replacements. Nani was another mistake seeing as we didn't get a replacement. No doubt he could've done a job here. Welbeck is injured all the time.

Kostur

海尔的老板
If that's the case then he seriously need's to think of another career. What a tragic waste of talent. Reminds me of Ledley King in the sense that they're both great players in bodies that couldn't handle the rigours of pro footy.
He's sitting on his arse doing feck all getting what, around 60 grand per week? Don't think he has to rethink anything to be fair, it's the clubs that need to get a fecking idea.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's sitting on his arse doing feck all getting what, around 60 grand per week? Don't think he has to rethink anything to be fair, it's the clubs that need to get a fecking idea.
He won't get another contract, that money might good now but to last the rest of his life won't be easy if he wants the lifestyle he is used too. Lets be honest people get bored too in life, he needs something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.