Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

shield

Was not the best of performances but was still OK. I mean, I know that he gave a penalty and was a little sloppy in other occasions but I will give him a pass for this match because he just returned into the team.

Also, I know that he is always injured so he is always 'returning back', but he just managed to stay fit for about 3 months and so I want to see if there has been a change in this trend. We also looked really good, both while defending and going forward, during that period. He now needs to stay fit till the end of the season (or miss atmost 2 matches). That will prove that there has been a change. For me, these matches till the end of the season is make or break time for him.

I say this because, I feel that among all our defenders he has the most potential. His ball control is quite good and helps us stay on the front foot. Both him and Rojo can bring the ball out from the back and start a quick counter really fast. It also takes a lot of pressure off Pogba and Herrera. The opponent will aways score a goal or two. We can't just slate a defender everytime a goal is scroed. But, finess wise, he needs to go on a decent run again.

Just want to see the RoJones combination get another chance.

Peanut Butter

I am not one to criticise our players but Jones is a liability. You can never rely on him to stay fit or not to lunge in like an idiot.

I want to see him and Fellaini sold in the summer.

Ban

If someone could inform me so I don't have to read. He's useless, brainless and we should get rid?

Loublaze

ATLien
Needs to be sold before he gets another long term injury on United books. Buy Antonio Rudiger, he's a year younger and already a better and more consistent player than Jones

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Jones was decent in that run a couple of months ago with the RoJones combo. Nothing more, nothing less. To be fair to Jones, there were two games where he was the better defender during that period, but otherwise it was Rojo who was the 'main man' in those games. And Rojo has been better in his opportunities since.

Jones is comfortably fourth choice IMO. Smalling is simply better. Rojo has been better this season. And Bailly, while he has had a shocking last three matches, showed enough earlier in the season that we should be expecting him to get back to something like that form.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
May be a good idea to sell him come this summer, his stock is up (as he's actually been on the pitch lately?) and I don't think he's ever going to get over his injuries to be anything more than an occasional backup.

Decomposing In Paris

People may not agree, but I rather felt Jones was a bit unlucky for the penalty. He clearly went in to block the cross, the angle of his slide didn't take him towards, but alongside the player. I actually felt that the winger leaned into the challenge to make the contact (something I've done myself, successfully, albeit at a much lower standard). Not saying that he didn't create circumstances were a penalty could be given, but thought it was less stone-wall than many have made out.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Injuries plus the lapses of concentration and basic positional errors he so often commits.

He really isn't adequate, adequate if our ambition is a top 4 team in the PL, but never adequate if the ambition is winning the league and having a go at the CL.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Second game running he's been directly at fault...

Phil

Season after season, game after game, he's unreliable.

Stringer

If a player is going to have the injury issues Jones has then they'd better be exceptional when they are fit to justify keeping them. This guy doesn't come close.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's absolute pony. Too many times he fecks up. We need proper centre backs.

El Zoido

Defending, especially centre half, is so much about experience. And he doesn't have it because he's spent more time in the physio room than training and playing.

Winrar

Not good enough to justify us waiting for him in the physio room season after season

dirkey

Defending, especially centre half, is so much about experience. And he doesn't have it because he's spent more time in the physio room than training and playing.
He has played about 200 games. Granted, all haven't been centre half. But this has nothing to do with experience. He's just bang average and mistake prone.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Due to his Ingurlishness and being relatively young we will get a fair slump for him as well, reckon we could flog the right team for about £20m.

Rossa

Just let another player in behind him and looks like he is two seconds too late for pretty much every situation today. He looks a lot slower than he used to, losing so many races that he never would have lost before.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Turned 2 wins into draws

We need to sign a proper CB. Jones and Smalling are both a bit dodgy

Djemba-Djemba

Some were blaming Smalling for the goal which puzzles me. It looked 100% Jones fault.

If we are getting rid of a centre back in the Summer, Jones is the one I'd sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.