Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

gza the genius

I know, it's crazy. Our brilliant run of results occurred with Jones playing exceptionally well at the back, then he got a poor muscle injury and has had a couple of patchy performances as he returns to fitness, now we're reading 'Jones has to be sold this summer'.

C'mon Caf, base your opinions on the bigger picture, not the last 90-minutes you watched.
You just described his entire career at United. It'd be different if he wasn't constantly injured/coming back from an injury but so far he'll almost always be in that state.

He has it in him to be a good center back but he's just about as unreliable as you could ever have. If you're going to be as injury prone as he is then you at least need to mask that by being able to seemlessly slot back in after a layoff.

Dobbs

Has his face plant been mentioned? It's a beauty.

Of all the pitches to land on your face.

MadMike

"Shocking performance" WTF? He made 1 mistake that was punished by a great run, a good pass and a sublime control and finish. He was decent the rest of the game and was rarely threatened.

Like, if you want to dissect every goal, sure they could all be avoided one way or another. But there's a reason no team has conceded 0.

I don't get it any more with this over the top criticism and sensationalist headlines.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
"Shocking performance" WTF? He made 1 mistake that was punished by a great run, a good pass and a sublime control and finish. He was decent the rest of the game and was rarely threatened.

Like, if you want to dissect every goal, sure they could all be avoided one way or another. But there's a reason no team has conceded 0.

I don't get it any more with this over the top criticism and sensationalist headlines.
Didn't he make another mistake after the goal and Rojo had to bail him out

joedirt87

Rostov were shit and if Phil doesn't fall asleep defending there United leave 0-1. He also gave away the penalty at the weekend so it's no surprise people are piling on him

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
New duncan edwards. Fergie retired at the right time or he might have done a Wenger.
I don't know if you are being sarcastic, but in Fergie's last season he won the Premier League - finishing ahead of the runners up by 13 points.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Its amazing how year after year we still find people defending this average injury prone and hyped player. He should thank his gods that he's not a horse

Blind

MUTV had the 3-1 win against Chelsea from 2011 on yesterday and you can see why we paid so much for Jones. He was winning everything and popping up all over the pitch, completely dominating Torres. It wasn't a perfect performance by any means and he was giving the ball away too often but it's a shame the injuries have taken away the extra yard of pace and energy he had back then.

Hellboy

MUTV had the 3-1 win against Chelsea from 2011 on yesterday and you can see why we paid so much for Jones. He was winning everything and popping up all over the pitch, completely dominating Torres. It wasn't a perfect performance by any means and he was giving the ball away too often but it's a shame the injuries have taken away the extra yard of pace and energy he had back then.
That was 6 years ago FFS.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

That's two games in a row an individual error by him has cost us the win.

According to Sky Sports it was Jones who injured Rooney in a training ground collision, leaving us with no strikers to face Chelsea. No longer content with just being injured himself - although I'm sure I remember him doing this before?

Bojan11

According to Sky Sports it was Jones who injured Rooney in a training ground collision, leaving us with no strikers to face Chelsea. No longer content with just being injured himself - although I'm sure I remember him doing this before?
Yes like playing Rooney would improve our chances tomorrow.

I think Jones has done us a favour.

Devil may care

Stuck to his task of molesting Hazard until Herrera got sent off, after that he had a couple of rash moments but was ok.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
Rapidly becoming my favourite United player again - he and Rojo were very good tonight.

Kept Hazard quiet and his passing game was slick and accurate.

Virgil

Have a sneaking suspicion given the position that Jose asked him to fill this evening and considering how well he did it that if he continues to be match fit then come the summer he is one of the last that Jose will want to sell.

Sylar

Thought he did well but hoping we dont see too much off that from him until the end of the season. Seemed a needs / must situation.

Walters_19_MuFc

Felt he did a really good job. Not easy to look after a player like Hazard, but pressed him very well and stuck to his task. Also made some really good headed clearances.

MadMike

Have a sneaking suspicion given the position that Jose asked him to fill this evening and considering how well he did it that if he continues to be match fit then come the summer he is one of the last that Jose will want to sell.
I'm not sure why people think that we are going to sell a CB at all? They are all of good age and while they have made individual mistakes at times they have been definitely good enough. All the other centre backs I see on posters' wishlists (Lindelof, Manolas etc) don't seem to be improvements to me, they all have mistakes in their game.

I think Rojo (at CB) and Smalling have been the most consistent, so they're not gonna be sold. Bailly just came in and looks hugely promising. Jones and Smalling are also homegrown status which we need, given that Rooney/Carrick/Young are nearly on the way out.

I bet all our CBs will be here come 1st September.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

I don't think Jonesey realises how inadvertently funny he is.

Man Utd 1:0 Rostov

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He doesn't have a clue what he's doing in that position. What is there about him that makes him fool his managers so? An MC for SAF, took corners for LvG and now a left wing back for José.

FujiVice

It would have been the most Phil Jones thing ever if they'd have scored in the last minute after he gave away a free kick.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He gets paid a lot of money to play football. Incredible really.

Status
Not open for further replies.