Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertd0803

Has Phil Jones ever got injured in an actual match? Or has every injury he has gotten been in training?

Djemba-Djemba

How many games did he manage before getting injured again?

This is why he has to go in the Summer. You can't have a player in the squad who is guaranteed to miss at least 3 or 4 months every single season.

AgentP

This is not even a surprise anymore. Jones coming back from the internationals without injuring himself or his teammates would have been a surprise. Atleast this might put an end to the 343 formations.

lysglimt

Scout
Maybe we should tone down the criticism until we find out how serious the injury is ?

Donut

How many games did he manage before getting injured again?

This is why he has to go in the Summer. You can't have a player in the squad who is guaranteed to miss at least 3 or 4 months every single season.
Exactly. He's not any worse of a defender than the others (I think they're all about the same level) but if we're replacing one of them then it has to be Jones due to his injury record.

King Eric 7

Has Phil Jones ever got injured in an actual match? Or has every injury he has gotten been in training?
Phil Jones also has a unique history of getting injured while out injured.

Was hoping he'd turn a corner this season. But even doing that would cause him an injury :(

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Shame, he had a decent spell alongside Rojo but normal service seems to have been resumed.

Dobbs

For such a robust looking guy he's pretty fragile.
I think that might be part of the problem. He looks very top heavy.

If you compare him now to when he first arrived he's massive. Even allowing for a young lad filling out.

Minimalist

I think it's incredible he's still with us. Then again, we're struggling to get into the top four so I suppose we can't be massively picky either.

Nero

This is not even a surprise anymore. Jones coming back from the internationals without injuring himself or his teammates would have been a surprise. Atleast this might put an end to the 343 formations.
I remember it got to the stage during LVG's 352 that I was almost hoping for our defenders to get knocks so that we wouldn't have the numbers to make up the 3.

RedDevil@84

I remember it got to the stage during LVG's 352 that I was almost hoping for our defenders to get knocks so that we wouldn't have the numbers to make up the 3.
Meh!! He would still play 3-5-2 with Rooney at the back and Di Maria in front

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Mourinho's magic has at least got him playing a decent amount of games for once, but he's just one of those players who picks up plenty of knocks.

We surely will upgrade in the summer, and try and ship one of the current four out.

Rossa

I can't believe people think he didn't make any costly mistakes. Wasn't he the one who tried to clear the ball only to shoot it straight in the air for Bailly to lose a header and Smalling clumsily assisting the Boro player? If he had cleared it like a normal footballer that goal would never have been.

Also, he lets players get ahead of him far too often these days. That didn't happen before as much. He has lost a yard of pace and struggles to compensate.

Him being injured is as shocking as spring is coming.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Apparently Smalling injured him according to John Cross. :houllier:
Yeah, apparently injured his toe, and he might be out all of April when we have all those games:rolleyes:

pilky02

Supports
I could eat a nob at night
Smalling snapped Jones's toe right after Jones smashed Rooneys knee :lol:. Jose must be led awake at night wondering how he ended up coaching these 2 donkeys.

PoTMS

Time for Mou to put a little bit more faith into Fosu-Mensah and Tuanzebe. Hopefully marks the end of 3 at the back as well.

ti vu

@MarkOgden_
Phil Jones injured in England training, so has returned to #mufc
FFS. FA & England NT love to ruin us, don't they? Call up our injury prone players & doing same training that previous keep injure them, when we have to work hard to get them fit to play game. :mad:

Normally it would be funny with Jones' injury joke, but not this time with both Rojo & Bailly has to travel far during this international break.

Last edited:

Glanville95

Well that surely spells the end of our back three experiment.

We definitely need a centre back in the summer, but it's a question of who to shift. All our CB's are of a similar(ish) level and I've always been a big Smalling fan. I don't know, as I think we'll see quite a few British players leave. I wouldn't feel comfortable with Jones or Smalling going.

Perhaps keep them all, still sign a centre back as use Rojo mainly in a left back capacity if we don't sign one. I still have faith in Shaw. I hope Mou does too.

pilky02

Supports
I could eat a nob at night
Well that surely spells the end of our back three experiment.

We definitely need a centre back in the summer, but it's a question of who to shift. All our CB's are of a similar(ish) level and I've always been a big Smalling fan. I don't know, as I think we'll see quite a few British players leave. I wouldn't feel comfortable with Jones or Smalling going.

Perhaps keep them all, still sign a centre back as use Rojo mainly in a left back capacity if we don't sign one. I still have faith in Shaw. I hope Mou does too.
Use our best centre back, who happens to be a terrible left back as cover for left back. Bold move.

Status
Not open for further replies.