Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bojan11

Jone's is a wall, when he's paired with Rojo, they work well together. From memory I think these 2 were paired quite frequently last season up until Rojo's injury.
They didn’t work well together against Burnley last week.

Still think Bailly and Jones is our best partnership.

el3mel

Apart from that mistake against Stoke he has been very consistent whenever he played this season. Glad for him to finally finding consistency and being fit for good periods this season.

Red_toad

Very good once again. Personally amazed by the amount of people who’d be willing to get shot of him on here. Organises the back line very well, reads the game very well, will put his body on the line for the team. Having a very good season thus far.

Richrip

Delighted for him he’s managed to put a run of games together......Always thought he’s potential captain material and as a squad Utd are crying out for a leadership group/core to step up. 2/3 seasons time Jones (and Pogba) natural progression and maturity should have him at the very forefront of this.....provided he stays fit of course!

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Apart from that mistake against Stoke he has been very consistent whenever he played this season. Glad for him to finally finding consistency and being fit for good periods this season.
He was awful against Liverpool, and had to be subbed against Chelsea because he's a red card waiting to happen.

Heinzesight

Doing well. Just hope he can stay fit. I like him, he can be rash but I think I he’s played most of his games with Smalling which can’t help.

el3mel

He was awful against Liverpool, and had to be subbed against Chelsea because he's a red card waiting to happen.
I don't remember him being bad against Liverpool at all. We were defending mostly during second half anyway. We needed to sub him against Chelsea because we were losing and needed to attack.

Doesn't change the fact he was very consistent for us this season so far.

SATA

Just hope he can stay fit for the remaining season. He's the best centreback at the club, not Bailly (at least not yet)

Nick7

Doesn't look half the player with Smalling that he does with our other centre backs. Great block today but I don't think that pairing works.

Sylar

Doesn't look half the player with Smalling that he does with our other centre backs. Great block today but I don't think that pairing works.
With Rojo he plays on the right and looks better on that side.
With Smalling he plays on the left it seems
cant remember which side he plays with Bailly (seem to think right too).

Mr Smith

Was actually one of our best performers today. I honestly believe he's been one of the league's best defenders this season.

IAmAWinner

I'm super happy how well he has done this season. He's becoming a real leader at the back. One of my favourite players in our squad.
If we are to go far in the UCL, Jones will be playing a crucial role, especially against stronger teams where Jose might be going defensive.

Virgil

Excellent game again. I think Jose sees him as his new John Terry. If only he can remain fit. Mind you Jose seems to be managing him far better than his predecessors. Reckon if he keeps this up he is a nailed on starter for Southgates England.

El Jefe

Clearly shown himself to be our best defender. Just stay fit you crazy fecker.

MichaelRed

What an excellent performance, I wish we could get a full season of those performances out of him without howlers & injuries. Is this the longest he has been injury free for?

Fridge chutney

Another great performance by Phil. He's our best CB this season and is one of the best in the league.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Man Mountain; maybe we should call PED Guardiola to see if his 'special' doctor can get rid of Jones' injury problems?

Bobski

Best CB in the premiership.
Quite possibly, but no doubt when next he is injured the fans will go back to pretending that he is Klavan level.

If his body had held up he would probably already be recognized as one of the top defenders in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.