Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Eric 7

Brainless decision to attempt the tackle. Brainless player at times but he's not a bad defender most of the time.

stubie

Fergie had his favorites. I remember he said the United team would be built around Evans one day. I couldn't believe what I was reading!
I’ll give LVG credit for realising Evans was below the standard required

Minimalist

Some of you really need to lay off the drugs defending this clown (those that do regularly I mean).

Awful player, awful buy and fcuking carthorse. Good luck Mr. Southgate!

vangagal

Bit of an overboard reaction. Hazard would have probably scored anyway. He tried to stop it and got it wrong. Oh well, moving on.

He isn't the reason we lost. That was a lack of creativity and penetration up front.
He should just drove Hazard to the corner not tackled him in the box, That stupid as you get as CB.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I seriously don't see a reason to keep him in this club anymore. Our most unreliable player fitness wise, makes mistakes in big games very often(in rare games when he is fit), is far from great with ball at his feet. It's really not worth keeping him for one or two decent run of 5 games over the course of season.

arthurka

Big mistake cost us. He didn’t need to make the tackle, and he’s so clumsy he got it totally wrong.
I am not here to defend him but he really didnt cost us .. We had chances we didnt take .. Also how about scoring one goal in the last 4 games and that against Brighton, West Ham , Watford and Chelsea .. There in lies the problem .. But I agree that he should leave this summer..

Nick7

He should just drove Hazard to the corner not tackled him in the box, That stupid as you get as CB.
Hazard was in front of him, no? Hard to get back in front of Hazard and drive him wide when he was behind him.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Experienced player making a very naive mistake. Happens.

Most United teams under Fergie had a defensive error in them (*cough cough* Silvestre) but the difference is the team created enough for it not to matter.

Hawks2008

Not even surprised he's the one that cost us, he's a mindless lump of a player who always has mistakes in him.

Greck

On another day that tackle stops the goal and everyone forgets his poor decision created the opportunity. Against the likes of Hazard those errors cost goals

AndyJ1985

Can't blame Fergie for buying him; he looked like a promising young defender. But it's been clear for a long time he's not only injury prone but also a clumsy shithouse who is a terrible footballer. Our trouble is we keep hold of dross like him for far too long. Our defence today was Valencia, Young, Smalling, and Jones. Terrible really.

Ekeke

Jones going to WC says it all.

Unfortunately

Better for all involved that he moves on. I can’t see us win the league with him as a starter.
I do think its possible we could win the league with Smalling and Jones at CB, but theres no denying that Jones getting there in a starting position would be leaning heavily on his teammates. We'd have to be on fire going forward and well organized across the team - basically the opposite of our current side.

Stadjer

He sometimes has good games and everyone think it will come good but he always has the potential to make a mistake like he did today. Really stupid how he acted before the penalty.

He plays well for a period until he makes a big error or gets injured.. that is basically the story for Jones his United carreer.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
He didn’t look right from kick off tbh. Awful decision to make that challenge as it would have been a tough call to beat ddg from that angle. He’s cost us the fa cup, no question about it and I wouldn’t be sorry to see him go in the summer, providing it’s behind Smalling, who I admit played ok today but he always does against a team that have no intention of attacking. We need defenders that can be relied upon in terms of fitness and can bring the ball out of defence otherwise we will continue to have midfielders dropping too deep to pick up the ball.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
What the feck was he doing on that goal? I've been patient with Jones over the years but I'm sorry he desperately needs to go this summer. Not good enough for United and too injury prone to keep around as back up.

Irrational.

Can't wait until he's replaced by Alderweireld.

He isn't United quality. If he's not fecking himself up and getting injured he's fecking the game up.

vangagal

Hazard was in front of him, no? Hard to get back in front of Hazard and drive him wide when he was behind him.
Yes but Hazard wont get too comfortable to make a clean shoot and we have De Gea on goal not Karius. All scenario could happen there but that was the worst of it.

Stadjer

Can't blame Fergie for buying him; he looked like a promising young defender. But it's been clear for a long time he's not only injury prone but also a clumsy shithouse who is a terrible footballer. Our trouble is we keep hold of dross like him for far too long. Our defence today was Valencia, Young, Smalling, and Jones. Terrible really.
A former winger who cant cross or go past his opponent, a former ''inside forward/winger'' who needs to cut to his right foot every fecking time he gets the ball, the injury prone and clumsy shithouse and a player who can defend pretty well but cant do anything when he has the ball. That is pretty sad for one of the biggest and richest clubs in the world...

SAFMUTD

Penalty aside he had a good game, he anticipated some good plays and won most of the duels, the problem with him is that from time to time he does a major mistake, and if you have him in the field you know he might cost you the game. That was the case today, good for the bench, not good enough for the initial 11. We have a lot of average players, he is one of them and we should have top players only and youngsters who might become top players. Just dont see the point on keep giving minutes to average players that simply arent and wont be good enough.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I'm a long way from being a Jones fan, but to be fair to him he has been much much better than Bailly, Lindelof and Rojo this season. That shouldn't be forgotten.

In saying that, I do find myself hoping that the Alderweireld links are genuine and we then let Jones go. He simply isn't good enough to warrant keeping when you take into account his injury issues. Same goes for Rojo.

Nick7

Yes but Hazard wont get too comfortable to make a clean shoot and we have De Gea on goal not Karius. All scenario could happen there but that was the worst of it.
True, as I said he got it wrong. I just don't agree with the reactions.

AP88

Supports
Man City
Smalling did similar a few times; masterful defending. Hazard hadn’t even shaped to shoot when Jones dived in.

Was a big fan of him until this season, but he’s shown a lack of football IQ on too many occasions since; Leicester when he was out of position then tried to race Vardy, the Spurs mess, then today.

He’s only gonna be useful at rightback, if at all, moving forward; that’s the position in which the early hype for him arrived.

AP88

Supports
Man City
A former winger who cant cross or go past his opponent, a former ''inside forward/winger'' who needs to cut to his right foot every fecking time he gets the ball, the injury prone and clumsy shithouse and a player who can defend pretty well but cant do anything when he has the ball. That is pretty sad for one of the biggest and richest clubs in the world...
Upgrade the other three and Smalling is fine.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
A thoroughly useless player, not nearly good enough and never has been. As long as he is in or near our team we will win feck all.

Bobski

Bad day to have a mare, but we lost 1-0 with massive possession and territorial advantages, should have been enough to bail him out.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
Best for both parties if he moves on. Could still have a very decent career elsewhere I think.

MonkeysMagic

Ive always been of the opinion that irrespective of Jose’s negative tactics no manager worth his salt could ever afford to play attacking football with our back 4. Not only are they utterly incapable of cutting out catastrophic mistakes that lead to goals but also hopeless of providing any attacking threat.

For too long the likes of Jones, Smalling et al have hid behind the brilliance of DDG. They simply have no place in a utd squad, and I will question where they would find regular football in the current PL...probably bottom 10, just about their level with the likes of J Evans!

Status
Not open for further replies.