Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He is 7 years in united. Seven fecking years in one of biggest clubs in the world. How?

manunited1919

Phil Jones is a class defender. He has great positioning, is strong in the air, when he makes a mistake he usually recovers quite well, is a ball playing CB, and can even score a goal or two. He is now entering his best years, so injuries should improve.

We will accept any offer for her m.

robinrooney

Just think, he was on the way to Anfield when we called and he spun the car round on the motorway. Disastrous decision

RonaldoVII

He simply isn't good enough and that's been clear for a while. No good being solid for 8/10 games and then making a couple of mistakes.

Canagel

He is 7 years in united. Seven fecking years in one of biggest clubs in the world. How?
Amazing. The fact he can't even get into a team ahead of Stones and Maguire who themselves weren't good enough says it all really.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He's a free loader. One of those players just happy to be here. Transfer list him ffs!

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Don't get why the club can't get rid. When is his contract up btw?

Konimey

Can United please offer Jones plus money to Leicester City for Harry Maguire.

Hephaestus

So no need to quote Sir Alex here?? No, it's you people that know better..
Fergie was the best manager ever but that doesn't mean he was never wrong. Jones has shown more than enough to demonstrate that he isn't good enough and will likely never be good enough. The fact that Fergie believed he had a bright future 6 years ago doesn't change that.

Revan

Assumptionman
Bringing quotes from Scholes thread, here is what the greats said about Phil Jones:

Pele: If Jones would have played against me, I would have scored so many more.

Hazard: My easiest opponent? Jones, of Manchester.

Lovren: I am not the worst, Phil Jones is.

Blanc: I tell anyone who asks me, Jones is the worst English player.

Brian Kidd: Phil Jones has the footballing brain of a kid.

DeGea

Phil Jones is just awful. Simple as that. Not a Vidic or Ferdinand therefore not good enough.

Adisa

Still 26. We can get a decent fee for him. Should be able to fetch £20m from one of the mid table suckers.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Still 26. We can get a decent fee for him. Should be able to fetch £20m from one of the mid table suckers.
Not even a PL club will give us £20m for someone with his injury record.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
That will be what he's remembered for. Being a fecking meme.
Our CBs situation reminds me of the GK department a few years back. We had Carroll and Foster there and while not being shite they were not Manchester United level and therefore prone to commit mistakes. During the time we were trapped into a loop were we would play one, he'll do well for a couple of mistakes, then he commits a silly mistakes only to be replaced by the other. We're trapped in the same frigging loop with Rojo, Smalling and Jones.

In my opinion any 26 years + CB who can't be consistent week in week out should be sold. Its pointless keeping a 26+ defender who still plays like some enthusiastic 18 year old. We might as well replace him with an 18 year old, who tend to be stronger, faster, with more fuel left in the tank to do the donkey work and with some potential to mature and become a great defender instead.

devilish

It's a bloody insult to Duncan Edwards to have this clown mentioned with him.
TBH SAF had made some silly comparisons in the past likening Wallwork with Bruce and Dong with Batistuta.

I don't blame SAF on this. He got one of the most promising defenders at United and he simply didn't developed to the CB we needed. I do blame the rest for keeping him here. He's clearly not good enough.

maniwin

Just few more years to get testimonial match. Please hang on Jones. Ffs

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
TBH SAF had made some silly comparisons in the past likening Wallwork with Bruce and Dong with Batistuta.

I don't blame SAF on this. He got one of the most promising defenders at United and he simply didn't developed to the CB we needed. I do blame the rest for keeping him here. He's clearly not good enough.
Poch is now doing the silly comparisons at Spurs.

Selbourne

ah yeah we're at the phil jones is fecking awful and a utter fraud stage, until he has one decent game and the thread turns around.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
ah yeah we're at the phil jones is fecking awful and a utter fraud stage, until he has one decent game and the thread turns around.
Yep, ludicrous overreactions on here, about a game England were only half interested in, with Jones in particular facing an absolutely no win situation

Ekeke

He's good enough against most of the teams we face in a season but in the big matches we'd want a better CB. Should be backup/competing for a spot.

devilish

this. He's a 2 good games 1 bad game sort of player. Is that good enough for us?

Alabaster Codify7

He's completely mediocre.

It's a huge sign a player's talent when you see the level of club interested in them once they eventually get forced out of OT. Jones will garner attention from mid-table teams like West Ham, Everton and Palace.....and we wonder why we're so far behind City. Our squad has way too many mid-table level players making way too many appearances in the starting 11.

Ship him out this summer while he's actually fit. We might raise £15-20m in this market.

Adisa

Not even a PL club will give us £20m for someone with his injury record.
He has 40 odd appearances for England at 26. Reckon we could easily get £20m regardless of his injury record. The market is crazy. Jay Rodriguez regularly goes for 10+ despite spending an eternity on the treatment table.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
What SAF saw in him I'll never know. He's a calamity.

redmanc

Yep, ludicrous overreactions on here, about a game England were only half interested in, with Jones in particular facing an absolutely no win situation
Not really, a turd is a turd. So because it’s a game we’re only half interested in he decides to not care as much and just let hazard by? Whatever way you sell it he’s not the sort of player United needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.