5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't usually tell players to leave. And he doesn't look like he has any intention of doing so. Plays when he's fit and is making top dollar.
We're too soft clearly - too many players out staying their welcome and no one seems to be doing anything about it.

Minimalist

Have to say, all this talk about buying either Toby or fathead and not one peep about binning Jones in the process is bizarre to me.

To me he really does stick out like a sore thumb as the worst centre-back we have and he's already out-stayed his welcome.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
He's quite easily better than Rojo and Lindelof and he is no worse than either Bailly or Smalling.

It'll be no surprise when he is starting games with Smalling because the truth is they are better than all these new CBs we've signed who are meant to be kicking them out.

Djemba-Djemba

He's quite easily better than Rojo and Lindelof and he is no worse than either Bailly or Smalling.

It'll be no surprise when he is starting games with Smalling because the truth is they are better than all these new CBs we've signed who are meant to be kicking them out.
Well if we have another season of Jones and Smalling as our first choice centre backs it'll be no surprise when we have another shit season.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Have to say, all this talk about buying either Toby or fathead and not one peep about binning Jones in the process is bizarre to me.

To me he really does stick out like a sore thumb as the worst centre-back we have and he's already out-stayed his welcome.
Agree. At the same time, his stock hasn't been higher than it is now, since he first got here so it makes very much sense to sell. There would probably be some clubs interested as he wouldn't cost a lot either. I guess we could get at least 15m for him right now which would put him off our payroll and we could use that money for a new left back instead. Im tired of gambling on Jones, rather gamble on a new LB.

Canagel

His contract runs out next summer (along with Smalling and others), I'd be very annoyed if we renew it as it won't be easy to sell him due to his wage demands
I hope so too. If we were a ruthless club he wouldn't be here for the upcoming season but as it is I hope we don't play him much and he decides to leave anyway. Not that I hate him or anything but to progress we can't be relying on the likes of Phil Jones.

sunama

Baghdad Bob

Agreed. If a defender does leave, it should be Jones.
And especially if we play against Eden Hazard. Jones will concede a goal to Hazard, as sure as day follows night. :p

Laurentiu amt

Agreed. If a defender does leave, it should be Jones.
And especially if we play against Eden Hazard. Jones will concede a goal to Hazard, as sure as day follows night. :p
Well not if you live in the Arctic, day doesn't follow night. :D

mewnew11

Even the other clubs know he is shit, I have never heard of any club bidding for him

ti vu

Time to repent, people. He might be our injury free (loose term) senior CB come first league game at this rate.

Stadjer

Something is wrong when Phil Jones is the only injury free player... it also means that we need to play youngsters in the second game because he will get injured.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Say what you want about Phil Jones but you can't question his attitude and dedication to the club.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
We should have moved him on but it seems he's another mediocre player on a very high salary

Man Utd 0:3 Tottenham

el3mel

How the hell is he still here after 8 fecking years ? Fecking hell.

State of us as a club when Phill fecking Jones is still getting chances for 8 years.

Stadjer

Made a mistake by losing Kane for the corner so we went behind while being the better team and got injured. Phil Jones doing what he does best.

Minimalist

Let me be clear, I think Jones is awful and always liable for mistakes (or just not being all that good) but getting specifically mad at him is like raging at a puppy for shitting on your carpet.

The manager is a dumbass trusting him. Should have been booted out the door the very first summer he came on board.

mewnew11

Is just an awful footballer. We send out fosu and tuanzebe and play this clown.

Can't defend , is always out of position and can only back pass. He is not even a threat at set Pieces. Just awful

dove

I really hope I don't see him playing for us again.

Status
Not open for further replies.