Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
How many times does he need to exhibit brainlessness before he is discarded? Shocking player. Sadly not alone there.

Nico87

Was it Woodward or Ole who decided on the renewal?, highly unlikely to be able to move him on now due to presumably high wages.

MAME DIOUF 32

I understand that we needed to give him time and see if we could keep him fit because he showed such potential when he was younger but giving him the latest contract is Sanchez-level incompetence. We'll be paying a portion of his wages for years to come while he stinks the place out for a midtable side.

Devil may care

Calamity mode today, although I'm sure there'll be a heat map or something that will prove it was Lindelof or Shaw's fault.

Roboc7

Awful but he’s here to stay, he is the new representation of a Man Utd player.

No Love

Seriously, what do people see in this guy? He’s a disaster and no amount of stats or reasoning will change my stance on him. What other club would put up with this guy?

In all seriousness, if he became available on the market, who would pursue him? No way would teams like Wolves/Everton/Leicester take him, in my opinion. He’d be looking at a team like Burnley or Brighton and even then, there’s no guarantee he’d start for them. Yet we sign him up for 4 more years.. Utterly painful.

Paul_Scholes18

I'm sorry to dig you out, but this was quite a funny post when I first saw it and it's even funnier in light of today's performance.
Haha Yeah I still think Jones has great qualities. Today totally braindead and terrible like everyone else apart from Lindelöf and maybe Mctominay. A good coach can probably improve his thinking, but not sure he can think for himself that well.

He is normally very good with the ball, but today he just gave it away 3 times under little pressure. Also ruined a goal potentially. His yellow card was totally idiotic.

Wilfred Brown

If he didn't take that shot, McTominay would be in a perfect position to score, I hate him so much.

Based Adnan

Absolute donkey and he gets given a 5 year contract. How can we honestly expect to challenge for the league with idiotic decisions such as that. He's not even a good squad player because he's proven time and time again he can't be relied upon.

And yes he's approaching testimonial time spent at the club. Just feck off.

RedDevil@84

Maybe we should give him a bonus too. Deserved it.
Crocked player, makes mistakes. This is what we want apparently because no on else would take him

AJ10

How did he miss that chance and those 5 yard passes, how the feck can a professional footballer not complete those.

Joke. Can't wait to see him again next season.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I see the consensus was he was our best player. Absolute shite defending for Barcelona’s first goal though. He continues, again and again, to show no intelligence. Of all the players in the world, he steps aside and shows Lionel Messi onto his left foot, right of centre, 20 yards from goal.
Speaking of lack of intelligence, he shows Messi the left and where is De Gea? Middle of his goal. Should have been a routine save but De Gea has no idea how to play his position and has been carried by raw talent for far too long...

zenith

Can't stand the sight of him. He and fellani are the epitome of mediocrity at this club.while ole had the good sense to get rid of fellani, I hope he does the same with him this summer.

Sincerely hope that extending his contract was a means of protecting his value and nothing more

kundalini

The amazing thing is that he didn't cost us a goal, despite passing the ball to Hudderfield players in our half several times. And that miss from the free-kick. Booked for a stupid challenge. Overall a horror show.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
So tired of seeing Jones be scapegoated by most people on here. If our "superstars" put in the same effort as Jones (and Young) do, we would be challenging for the title. The guy plays his heart out each and every game and should be the type of player that should be celebrated, not scapegoated. Is he good enough to be a starter week in and week out? No he isn't. Is he a good 3rd or 4th option as centre half? Definitely. Is he an example to other players in our team of what kind of effort we expect week in and week out? Absolutely...

Paul_Scholes18

So tired of seeing Jones be scapegoated by most people on here. If our "superstars" put in the same effort as Jones (and Young) do, we would be challenging for the title. The guy plays his heart out each and every game and should be the type of player that should be celebrated, not scapegoated. Is he good enough to be a starter week in and week out? No he isn't. Is he a good 3rd or 4th option as centre half? Definitely. Is he an example to other players in our team of what kind of effort we expect week in and week out? Absolutely...
Yes agree with this. I also think he can potentially do much better with improved fitness and a good manager.

With that said he was terrible today so you can understand why people go after him today.

stevoc

So tired of seeing Jones be scapegoated by most people on here. If our "superstars" put in the same effort as Jones (and Young) do, we would be challenging for the title. The guy plays his heart out each and every game and should be the type of player that should be celebrated, not scapegoated. Is he good enough to be a starter week in and week out? No he isn't. Is he a good 3rd or 4th option as centre half? No he isn't. Is he an example to other players in our team of what kind of effort we expect week in and week out? No he isn't.
Corrected and i would add to that is he able to stay fit for an entire season or even half of one? No he isn't.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Yes agree with this. I also think he can potentially do much better with improved fitness and a good manager.

With that said he was terrible today so you can understand why people go after him today.
Yet the goal we concede is totally on Shaw. The only moments I remember that were bad for Jones was a bad one time pass that was intercepted, and his miss for a goal. In our end of the pitch, he was one of the best players out there. I don't get upset with central defenders for not being great goal scorers. That's not their job. Their job is to prevent goals and Jones was one of the best out there for that today...

Sylar

He had a few minute spell where he lazily passed the ball to the opposition under no pressure then chased it like a mad man

Then missed a sitter when it was easier to hit the target rather than score
In fact it was a great defensive clearance for Huddersfield as it stopped mctominay from scoring

Silas

There's absolutely no point in an injury prone backup option.

Paul_Scholes18

Yet the goal we concede is totally on Shaw. The only moments I remember that were bad for Jones was a bad one time pass that was intercepted, and his miss for a goal. In our end of the pitch, he was one of the best players out there. I don't get upset with central defenders for not being great goal scorers. That's not their job. Their job is to prevent goals and Jones was one of the best out there for that today...
I think he gave away the ball 3 times for no reason. Two times in the first half and one time in the second.

Johan07

I think he gave away the ball 3 times for no reason. Two times in the first half and one time in the second.
As did Victor. If not more. People just notice it because its Jones. If we have a CB that gives away the ball 3 times during a game we should be fecking happy to be fair.

settembrini

I cannot believe he got a new contract until 2023. It's incredible. He's not even represented by a good agent. It's one thing having Mendes or Raiola take advantage of you, United got owned by Key Sports Management.

Djemba-Djemba

As did Victor. If not more. People just notice it because its Jones. If we have a CB that gives away the ball 3 times during a game we should be fecking happy to be fair.
Well he's been doing it here for close to 10 years. Unless he's got one of his numerous injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.