Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordon S

I have wanted us to sell this guy for the last 4 seasons now. With the new contract in place i can not see it happening.

Could we start a gofundme for this? A petition?

Smores

I don't even know which thread to rant.
What other club keeps proven shit as long as we do? I was apathetic yesterday but now I'm just angry.
Which is why this bollocks about changing things slowly is a load of nonsense.

These players stop the manager bringing someone else and undermine any other efforts because at some point they have to be relied on and they fail time and time again.

We can't make do with these players any longer. Replace them with young talent who may turn into something.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Just because he got a new deal doesn't mean we won't move him on. Maybe we were just protecting ourselves against losing a player for nothing.
You're in denial, mate.
Jones is here to stay. Even if we wanted to sell, we couldn't because no other club is stupid enough to pay his wages or to pay a transfer fee.
We'll need to wait till 2023.

Nero

Unsurprising cut on his forehead. Walked into an open cupboard door no doubt.

Tears in rain Phil, tears in rain...
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.Time to die throw myself into that tree.

FujiVice

That's actually the full picture. He asked for a haircut and in typical Phil Jones fashion, they sliced his torso off. A horrible scene. He'll be fit for July, they say.

wolvored

I hope whoever we bring in as CD demands the no 4 shirt. Would serve injury prone Jones right.

yamo123x

What’s all the fuss about De Ligt and Koulibaly when we have jones and smalling on long contracts and the superb news Rojo wants to stay and is big part of Ole’s plans

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
What’s all the fuss about De Ligt and Koulibaly when we have jones and smalling on long contracts and the superb news Rojo wants to stay and is big part of Ole’s plans
This has never been said before.

unitedrulez84

Ole on why he renewed Jones contract

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-utd-contract-news-latest-16342856.amp

"It's a signal for the players that we believe in them," Solskjaer explained. "It's a signal for the supporters that we plan ahead. And Phil has been here for so long.
"He's won the Premier League, he's won trophies, he knows what it takes. He's been here so long so it's one of them things, he knows what it takes for us to move up the table."

Vissy

I honestly rate Jones more than I rate Smalling. In terms of footballing and defending ability, Phil is head and shoulders above Smalling - not even questionable for me. The problem with Phil is his mentality. Half of the time on the pitch he looks like he's about to have a heart attack, he looks shaky on the ball despite actually being even more progressive with his passing than Lindelof (not to mention bringing the ball out of defence too).

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-utd-contract-news-latest-16342856.amp

"It's a signal for the players that we believe in them," Solskjaer explained. "It's a signal for the supporters that we plan ahead. And Phil has been here for so long.
"He's won the Premier League, he's won trophies, he knows what it takes. He's been here so long so it's one of them things, he knows what it takes for us to move up the table."
Jones is staying because he's been at the club a long time? Seems like circular reasoning.

settembrini

Sorry Ole but all it signals to the supporters is that your talk of being ruthless and United have a survival of the fittest policy was hot air.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron

I give up!

Allas8

Our second best CB last season, anything below 100% perfection and Phil Jones get ridiculed. Still don't know why people have a problem with him, except screaming that he is shit, calling him deadwood, brainfart etc. Had a normal injury rate you would expect from a CB the last two season, works his socks off, commands the line, on low wage, bleeds for the club. Signing Maguire would not be a step up, just a step sideway.

klayton88

Our second best CB last season, anything below 100% perfection and Phil Jones get ridiculed. Still don't know why people have a problem with him, except screaming that he is shit, calling him deadwood, brainfart etc. Had a normal injury rate you would expect from a CB the last two season, works his socks off, commands the line, on low wage, bleeds for the club. Signing Maguire would not be a step up, just a step sideway.
Hi Phil. You shit braindead injury prone simpleton. Bleeds for the club? The guy bleeds getting his haircut. We need to stop this mentality of keeping deadwood because 'they've been at the club for so long'... that's the fecking problem. Collecting deadwood like a paini album.

dove

Are you sure you are talking about the same Phil 'Duncan Edwards' Jones? The one I know is shite.

Mick1

The cow in the next field quote by Fergie comes to mind. I think Jones is a very good cb to have of he can improve on his recent injury record. Was one of Fergie favourite players, the captain and star player of a very bad team and when he came to united at 19, came in and played brilliantly as an attacking cb, rb and midfielder for b9th england and united. He is still one of the first players picked when fit by every single manager since he came to united. The buy is good, just needs to sort it out with Injuries a la Van Persie and id he fulfills half the potential he Was considered to have years ago, we d have a very solid option to have and guide the younger less experienced players. The guy has won a lot, he now feels valued with the club with his cobtract, hopefully this will stir him on.

The Nani

This thread is some seriously depressing reading right now.

There are a few players in our squad who get undeserved stick.

Jones isn’t one of them.

Perennial crock and a calamity waiting to happen when he does play.

Alabaster Codify7

Ole is nothing but a yes man I'm afraid. Everything coming out of his mouth nowadays is making the Glazers and Ed rub rub their hands with glee. Justifying keeping the deadwood around and going back on that 'ruthless' clear out plan already.

We've been had yet again boys. Well, I havent actually - I saw this coming a while back.

We'll soon hear similar talk about Young,Mata,Matic..... they're experienced and have been around for so long that upgrading them doesn't make sense when we're trying to rebuild.....

R'hllor

Oh he won things, more like he was carried by proper United players, same goes for Young etc. If Ole really said that then hope players are ready to buckle up because survival of the fittest will be something alright, jayk.

Loublaze

ATLien

Unbelievable! Jones is the luckiest man in football

Loublaze

ATLien
The cow in the next field quote by Fergie comes to mind. I think Jones is a very good cb to have of he can improve on his recent injury record. Was one of Fergie favourite players, the captain and star player of a very bad team and when he came to united at 19, came in and played brilliantly as an attacking cb, rb and midfielder for b9th england and united. He is still one of the first players picked when fit by every single manager since he came to united. The buy is good, just needs to sort it out with Injuries a la Van Persie and id he fulfills half the potential he Was considered to have years ago, we d have a very solid option to have and guide the younger less experienced players. The guy has won a lot, he now feels valued with the club with his cobtract, hopefully this will stir him on.
How many times have others posted almost identical thoughts down the years?

AJ10

Lost for fecking words, West Ham are letting their useless players go but not this so called biggest club in the world.

Wasn't his contract extended in feb when Ole was caretaker manager. Surely they didn't consult a caretaker about renewals.

Loublaze

ATLien
Lost for fecking words, West Ham are letting their useless players go but not this so called biggest club in the world.

Wasn't his contract extended in feb when Ole was caretaker manager. Surely they didn't consult a caretaker about renewals.
It was a club decision clearly. Ole is talking out of his ass.

AJ10

So much for the ruthless clear out. Nothing but words
Not expecting Ole to say the club is a joke for extending his contract but if he's a regular starter next season then its just words and nothing else from Ole.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Our players must love managerial changes. New guy comes in, they get another chance to "prove themselves".

Status
Not open for further replies.