Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul_Scholes18

How many injuries has he had? Feels like he has been out for half the time at least post SAF.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
How many injuries has he had? Feels like he has been out for half the time at least post SAF.
He's had 20 registered injuries.

More importantly, though, he has missed 123 matches. That's...a lot. Amounts to several seasons worth of football.

Paul_Scholes18

He's had 20 registered injuries.

More importantly, though, he has missed 123 matches. That's...a lot. Amounts to several seasons worth of football.
What is the bloody problem? Since I think it is not the same injury happening over and over.

devips

Phil Jones should look at shifting to a mid-table club where, if he can remain injury-free, would be a starter. He may not like to end his career sitting on the bench which seems his destiny at United.

stevoc

What is the bloody problem? Since I think it is not the same injury happening over and over.
Certainly not, Phil is somewhat of a medical marvel in that i don't think he's injured the same part of his body twice. But he has manged to systematically injure almost every part of his anatomy in turn over the last decade.

Which in a way is quite impressive when you think about it.

stevoc

Phil Jones should look at shifting to a mid-table club where, if he can remain injury-free, would be a starter. He may not like to end his career sitting on the bench which seems his destiny at United.

Big if, which probably explains why he's happy to sit in the stands at United picking up a decent wage.

devips

Big if, which probably explains why he's happy to sit in the stands at United picking up a decent wage.
I don't think he is happy at all. Players like to play. Not everyone is Romero!

Jonno

Ironically he’s been bashed for so long that he’s starting to become underrated by United fans now. He’s not at the elite level, but in a very good team he is a decent backup. It’s just were arent at the peak 2012-2013 level for him to slot in for 20 games.

He needs to move on, keep injury free and have a good 5 years or so in the PL

stevoc

I don't think he is happy at all. Players like to play. Not everyone is Romero!
Him recently signing a new 4 year contract for roughly the same wages he was on would suggest he’s pretty happy.

Denis' cuff

224 apps in all competitions since2011. I’m sure that includes substitutions

Shocking

Jibbs

Only at United post Sir Alex these mediocre players can hope to be awarded such ridiculous contracts. Jones, Baily, Rojo need to be get rid of asap.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
When is his testimonial due?
At the end of next season, but I believe he's already said that he won't be having one.

Bailly is like that too to an extent.
It's amazing that we managed to collect all three of them. Jones, Bailly and Rojo. The true chuckle brothers (it was always unfair that Smalling got thrown in the same group). All rash, prone to make stupid tackles (Jones less than the other two), prone to stupid defensive mistakes (Rojo less), all ridiculously injury prone, but all able to have just enough matches where they look damn good that they keep their spot in the squad.

Going by transfermarkt:

Phil Jones: 9 seasons. Missed 123 games.
Marcos Rojo: 5.5 seasons. Missed 93 games.
Eric Bailly: 4 seasons. Missed 62 games.

Statistically, Rojo and Bailly have actually been even worse than Jones. :eek: They've both had a couple of really big injuries which have blown their stats out a bit though, whereas Jones gets more smaller injuries.

MetoTTT

I've read a lot of people here saying the usual "we will be stocked at CB for 10 years with Jones and Smalling, England too"...
Well, really hard to "destock".

AaronRedDevil

I've read a lot of people here saying the usual "we will be stocked at CB for 10 years with Jones and Smalling, England too"...
Hindsight is a funny thing. We could say the same for Sancho and yet he’ll end up being a gigantic waste of money and a one trick pony. You just never really know till it’s done.

Giggs' right foot

224 apps in all competitions since2011. I’m sure that includes substitutions

Shocking
If you do the math:
He’s been involved in 224 games - played a total of 17.191 minutes according to Transfermarkt. That translates to 191 90-minute games. In nine..... fecking..... years. And we still negotiated a new contract with him in 2019.

Paul_Scholes18

If you do the math:
He’s been involved in 224 games - played a total of 17.191 minutes according to Transfermarkt. That translates to 191 90-minute games. In nine..... fecking..... years. And we still negotiated a new contract with him in 2019.
It is starting half the game. Which is not that bad since he has not been first choice for half the time. I thought it would be less to be honest.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Jones was chased by all the top English clubs. He was rated as having top class potential.

Him be coming injury ravaged is a terrible shame and not something to laugh at anyone for.
Unless you think all the top clubs were mugs based on something happening years down the line.

Unless only you knew better?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It is starting half the game. Which is not that bad since he has not been first choice for half the time. I thought it would be less to be honest.
That works out as 20 full games per season. Harry Maguire has played 53 games already in 2019/20. Although, yeah, I’m actually surprised he’s played that many. Must have racked up a lot of games before getting perma-crocked these last few years.

Jezpeza

That works out as 20 full games per season. Harry Maguire has played 53 games already in 2019/20. Although, yeah, I’m actually surprised he’s played that many. Must have racked up a lot of games before getting perma-crocked these last few years.
I think sometimes when a player knows the fans dont like them and manager doesnt rate them, they lose appetite and tend to milk these injuries more to look ‘injured’ rather than have the embarrassment of being fit and never selected. The guys already said he would be embarassed by a testimonial.

I think he would be a good low cost signing for someone like leeds - bring them some pl experience etc

Paul_Scholes18

Yeah I thought it was just league games to be honest. Now it makes more sense. I guess he played more in the cups too under SAF.

sp_107

Only at United post Sir Alex these mediocre players can hope to be awarded such ridiculous contracts. Jones, Baily, Rojo need to be get rid of asap.
Agreed

Is it that difficult to sell players like Rojo/Jones/Perrera/Jesse ? We need to get rid of these 4 (at least on loan to cover their salaries) along with Mata/Bailly and Smalling and then buy a RW/DM/CD. That would be a great summer for me.

I know 7 out and just 3 IN but we all know those 7 are not really contributing anything. When we all can see these things why board are wasting money on big salaries for players like this ?

MetoTTT

Jones was chased by all the top English clubs. He was rated as having top class potential.

Him be coming injury ravaged is a terrible shame and not something to laugh at anyone for.
Unless you think all the top clubs were mugs based on something happening years down the line.

Unless only you knew better?
I agree and I didn't laughed and I didn't know it either. But I wonder how people following the game could claim that sort of things on a regular basis is beyond me.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I agree and I didn't laughed and I didn't know it either. But I wonder how people following the game could claim that sort of things on a regular basis is beyond me.
There's always that bit of luck with all parts of a career. One injury at the wrong time can ruin it all.

The main saving grace for Jonesy, as much as it doesn't help us, is that this massive run of injuries happened when he was already set for life, rather than at say 12-15 when it may well have ended any prospect of being a footballer.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
A few Phil Jones Stats:

Last 5 seasons in the league he's completed 5,484mins.
That's an average of 1096.8mins a season which results in playing 32% of each season.
He's completed over 2,000mins in the league twice.
He's had 20 injuries in his career and the longest injury was missing 13 games.
He's missed a total of 744 days which equates to 135 games due to injuries.
He's managed 2 goals at United in the league and scored 3 own goals.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
There's always that bit of luck with all parts of a career. One injury at the wrong time can ruin it all.

The main saving grace for Jonesy, as much as it doesn't help us, is that this massive run of injuries happened when he was already set for life, rather than at say 12-15 when it may well have ended any prospect of being a footballer.
He’s been hitting injuries ever since the year we signed him as far I can remember. I think that’s just the way how he is. He plays lot of games for us but it seems that he always play like 10 games and then miss 5 games, play another 10 and miss 5. Hargreaves is the one probably I would say being unlucky with his injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.