Creator of Player Performance threads

Full Name:
Philip Anthony Jones
Date of Birth: Feb 21, 1992 (27)
Nationality: England

Height: 185cm
Position: Defender - Centre-Back
Foot: Right
Player Agent: Key Sports Management Ltd.
Current club:
Manchester United
Contract until: 30.06.2023
Contract option: Option for a further year
Date of last contract extension: Feb 8, 2019
Outfitter: Adidas​

w1thout

Why did he get a new lenghty contract if the club is so eager to get rid, and tries to use him as a makeshift in other deals ?
4years + 1...

Hawks2008

This oxygen thief is still here, contracted to 2023 FFS we had an out.

FireballXL5

£10 says he injures himself in pre-season and won't be seen again 'til November. The gurning buffoon.

R'hllor

Dunno why this thread is made, when he got extensions, some special non moaning, fake calming pricks said that he got it so we could sell him this summer.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Is he injured yet?
Can we only open this thread on the couple of weeks he’s fit during the season please? Waste of space like he is

Web of Bissaka

Wow, that's a darn good performance, both when defending and attacking.

If only he could be this consistent...

Oh well, we know what his problems are, likely we'll see that in the next set of games.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Has had a good start in preseason. Might be enough to get some actual money for him or use him in some unlikely swap deal.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
He has quietly had two good halves of football, the problem has always been that he can't stay fit and that has played havoc with his consistency. When he gets a run, he is a very good centre half and miles better than Smalling in my opinion but you just can't gamble on him.

Coops73

My MOTM after his run and gurn into the Leeds box. Frightening.

DarkChild™

Good performance but caught too far out of position twice. Could and should have been punished both times. Still preseason so doesn't matter.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
I love Jones as a footballer, it just seems to be the injuries and the brain that are the problems.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Would not sell him. Feel he can do a role in midfield and maybe that might help him. If it was good enough for Sir Alex it's good enough for me. That could help us a lot actually. We're so short in midfield, especially defensively and it could free up Pogba. I don't think Jones is commanding enough in the air so if we could do something or someone else stepped up, I think he could do a job.

romufc

He might be a good footballer, but it is time to be ruthless now, hes been here long enough, never has he had a run of games without getting injured. Sometimes you just have to say sorry move on. Utd have shown loyalty to him, but unfotunately, he cannot stay injury free.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Another one who's quietly having a solid pre-season, which means he'll inevitbly injure himself in training.

haram

If he wasn’t injured the last 10 years he’d be a good player.

Ace of Spades

I don't think anyone will say that he does not have talent, his problem has always been his injuries. The moment he starts building some good momentum, and gives some good performances, he gets injured not long after.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Good start to the new season. Ole is last hope at making it here. Unbelievable that he still has a chance here, but he has to grab it now.

Bondi77

Based on preseason all I can say is he has been impressive, definitely the pick of our CBs and if no one comes in then he is in my team along with Lindelof against Chelsea.
He has had a shocking run with injuries and a lot of that was put down to him just doing everything at full steam when he should have shown restraint so hopefully his luck may change.
Even the great man has said that Jones could end up being one of our great players which I personally do not agree with but he is definitely not the disaster player that some have made him out to be.

RonaldoVII

He's not done too bad, albeit against limited opposition. We'll need him to stay fit with Bailly out; sure he'll still get plenty games as 3rd/4th choice CB depending on whether another one comes in.

Status
Not open for further replies.