Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stadjer

Is it strange that every time this topic has a new reaction i expect him to have picked up an injury?

He played some decent matches in pre season, people are already saying that he is a good player and want Smalling/Bailly sold before him so it should be around the moment that he will pick up an injury again?

R'hllor

Guess he is not leaving this transfer window, weird, when they extended his contract, people were called moaners and drama queens by fake Dalai Lamas, clearly we extended his contract so we could sell him this summer for some $, they said.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Guess he is not leaving this transfer window, weird, when they extended his contract, people were called moaners and drama queens by fake Dalai Lamas, clearly we extended his contract so we could sell him this summer for some $, they said.
Funny isn't it? 'Protecting the assets' and all that.

DoomSlayer

I feel like Jones will be the default partner for Lindelof, until he gets his customary injuries that disrupt his whole season.

Then we might see Victor and Rojo together, because I feel like Ole doesn't trust Smalling in the progressive system he is trying to implement.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Inevitable he'll make a costly error against Chelsea, probably doing his usual wandering up the pitch and giving the ball away allowing a fast counter attack where he's completely out of position. A few games later after displaying a mixed bag of some good, some bad performances he'll get himself injured. Rinse and repeat.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He might be injury prone and good for a mistake in any given game, but compared to Bailly and Rojo he's fit as Beckham in his prime and as calm and imperious as Baresi. So until we actually get a better 3rd choice CB quit your moaning about him and complain about Ed not doing the business.

I truly hope whoever sanctioned his contract extension has been removed from the club.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Think he or Smacking will be told they can leave.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think with Maguire coming in, Jones might be used as CDM more often maybe?
Jones has zero ability to play that role. Zero. I really hope he finds another club in the next week.

-Supreme-

I don't think it matters who we get rid out of Jones, Rojo, smalling and Bailey

We simply sell the ones that can give us the most money in return

Bondi77

I cast my mind back to when Phil first joined us from Blackburn and most of the games he played he did so as a DM and Fergie often played him in midfield where he often did well.
I wonder now that we have McGuire, Axel, Lindelof and Smalling and Jones as options that Ole May use him again in the midfield; Matic is now as slow as a wet week and Jones is probably the quickest out of all our CBs so as long as he keeps it simple he could be a fall back option.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
So he will survive another transfer window. Amazing.
He will be future captain. All signs are here

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He's our van der gouw, will be here until 39 y.o.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
So he will survive another transfer window. Amazing.
He will be future captain. All signs are here
When Ole inevitably becomes the fall guy for Ed's failings and gets sacked, the next manager will state his desire to "give all the players a chance". Rinse and repeat.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He was always going to survive this transfer window, especially as he’s the one CB we have that is also an experienced DM. Think he might play a few games there this season especially if some injuries kick in.
No technique, awful positioning, zero creativity, clumsy. Yeah, perfect dmc.

SilverPaper on the Breeze

Delivering eggs to the National Trust this morning, big row of parked cars on the other side of the road that I’m going past and some dopey c**t in a Bentley 4x4 starts coming in the opposite direction.
“What the f**k is this c**t doing?” I ask, as he reversed back to let me through.
It was Phil Jones. Out of position yet again.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Delivering eggs to the National Trust this morning, big row of parked cars on the other side of the road that I’m going past and some dopey c**t in a Bentley 4x4 starts coming in the opposite direction.
“What the f**k is this c**t doing?” I ask, as he reversed back to let me through.
It was Phil Jones. Out of position yet again.
:lol::lol:

settembrini

Longest serving player in our current squad I think. Beats Ashley Young by ten days and I can't think of anyone else with Valencia gone and Smalling on loan.

Incredible really. His last good season was 13/14!

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Longest serving player in our current squad I think. Beats Ashley Young by ten days and I can't think of anyone else with Valencia gone and Smalling on loan.

Incredible really. His last good season was 13/14!
I'd actually say 17/18 was probably his best ever season for us. Not that he was amazing or didn't make any mistakes, but he was actually probably our best defender in the first half of the season before falling away in the second half after, surprise surprise, he picked up an injury or two.

Alabaster Codify7

When Ole inevitably becomes the fall guy for Ed's failings and gets sacked, the next manager will state his desire to "give all the players a chance". Rinse and repeat.
Exactly this. With the full support of the board,of course, less spending for a window or too while the squad is assessed.

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
I'd actually say 17/18 was probably his best ever season for us. Not that he was amazing or didn't make any mistakes, but he was actually probably our best defender in the first half of the season before falling away in the second half after, surprise surprise, he picked up an injury or two.
Was that when the infamous 'is he the best defender in the league?' thread was made?

Dve

Phil Jones is alright as a fifth choice. Can´t have 5 happy, world class center backs in the squad. He actually had a good pre season, and is playing fine - until he doesn´t. I mean, in most matches his general play is on a decent level. He has good physics, he can sort of pass (when he keeps his head) and gives everything in his tackles. You can´t complain about his attitude.

Unfortunately, when you have become a defender with blunders in you, that seems hard to change.

Kag

He’s a fourth choice central defender. Honestly, he’s the least of our worries. Centre half usually is, last season’s early collapse aside.

Status
Not open for further replies.