Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Bump. Just to point out one thing. Ole talked about defenders and said how we have Maguire and Lindelof as good pair with Tuanzebe as great potential. He also forgot that we have Phil Jones.

Phil Jones has best agent in the world. How he got new contract is just amazing

Stadjer

Bump. Just to point out one thing. Ole talked about defenders and said how we have Maguire and Lindelof as good pair with Tuanzebe as great potential. He also forgot that we have Phil Jones.

Phil Jones has best agent in the world. How he got new contract is just amazing
4 years contract too if i remember correct :lol:

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
It was to hold his "value" apparently.

What value I'm not sure. No one is paying us for Jones.

Devil81

Literally makes a short pass into feet look like it's a titanic effort.

Regressed so bad he should be nowhere near our team.

Irwin99

I thought he was alright for the most part but yeah, there were a few Jones moments in there.

walsh

Not sure on the overreaction, he defended fine mostly, one good challenge from a cross at the far post I can remember for sure. Couple of dodgy moments also like heading it out for a corner instead of back to Romero. Allowed us to rest others and we kept a clean sheet.

LJJT

I’ve generally been a defender of his over the years but lack of games now is really telling. I think he caused panic with the other defenders. His passing his awful. His running the ball to the half way line, stopping then passing back was bizarre

Stepney73

I think he's one of the first to be out the door next summer but don't forget this is ed woodwards version of MUFC.

He's just a big oaf

stevoc

I think he's one of the first to be out the door next summer but don't forget this is ed woodwards version of MUFC.

He's just a big oaf
Like feck he will, he'll still have 3 years left on his deal which runs to 2023 and we can be sure as shit no ones buying him off us.

4 more years.

::sonny::

A Championship player for team like Derby, Boro, Swansea, WBA but too expensive for them

Stadjer

Once a very promising defender. Now almost 10 years and a million injuries later.... not improved one bit and maybe even worse than he was when he signed for United.

10 years of Phil Jones.... the Phil Jones and friends vs Manchester United legends testimonial is coming.

Ekeke

Did the majority of our defending tonight.

Had some iffy moments, but all our CBs did. Not too bad overall

Did the majority of our defending tonight.

Had some iffy moments, but all our CBs did. Not too bad overall
Christ, if ever there is an example of why whoscored.com is shite, that's it right there.

Ekeke

Christ, if ever there is an example of why whoscored.com is shite, that's it right there.
Yeah, showing that he was our CB who won the ball the most and did the majority of defending = shite because... Well... because the facts dont matter, only your agenda does.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I thought he was alright, but his header back to Romero - whilst under zero pressure - that went out for a corner was absolutely abysmal.

That was, what, like a minute after they had just nearly scored from a corner, and we were finding it really difficult to get out of our half, too? I can't believe a player of his experience made such an avoidable mistake. Well, I can because it's Phil Jones, but still.

kundalini

Did a lot of defending, including several moments where he rescued us. Also guilty of inviting pressure, by conceding two soft corners and the free-kick near the edge of our box. Didn't take much responsibility for building the play, instead opting to pass back to Maguire or Romero, rather too often.

kiristao

I thought he did fine. Better than Maquire for sure. People like to slate him just for the sake of it. Yes he did mess up that header back to goal but other than that he won most of his battles.

SoCross

He seems so clumsy on the pitch. Did decent and really stood up when the pressure started to build towards the latter stages of the game but man, for a centre-back who's been with us for 10 years, he should be doing much better. Either him or Rojo will be leaving the club next summer.

Yeah, showing that he was our CB who won the ball the most and did the majority of defending = shite because... Well... because the facts dont matter, only your agenda does.
He invites panic whenever he is near the ball. Now Smalling has left is Jones your new pet?

tenpoless

Did Ok in the game vs Partizan.

But his facial expressions invite panic. If I was a CB I'd prefer not to play with this guy. Imagine you are defending a 1-0 lead in a final during the last 5 minutes and you see this guy running and making panic faces around as if the goal already happened. I would shit myself.

Paul_Scholes18

I thought he defended well. Made a few errors in his passing, but he was not helped by our poor movement up front.

Needham

Lot of people criticising Phil Jones here when what they should be doing is looking in a mirror and criticising Phil Jones.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
To be fair, the whole defensive block was hoofing the ball to nobody and few times Jones tried to actually control it and find someone upfront. Easy opponent, but still it was nice to see him trying doing something logical for a change.

Other than that of course he's nervous, always was and probably will be... especially in this current team.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
You can't even imagine what he could have been with a proper development trajectory because he's been injured every time he's had a chance to put a few games together.

Status
Not open for further replies.