Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bojan11

Ole has to take the blame for the contract. But I’m sure Phelan had a hand in this also considering Jones is one of the few players that was there when he was coaching us with Fergie.

UnitedChampionsAgain

Amazing how little he has learnt and how much he has forgotten in all his years here. Always looks shellshocked to me, like a man on his way to the gallows. Fergie and Sir Bobby mentioning him in the same breath as Dunc Edwards is truly mind-blowing.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Just a brainless donkey. Known it for years yet he's still here stinking up the pitch whenever he gets wheeled out. Pathetic.

stevoc

All the people saying Jones is shit are being really harsh and unfair.....

......on players who are just shit.

Phil’s a level below that when you take into account his injuries, his tendency to have brain farts and his balance which seems to be similar to a 2 year olds.

He’s worth a goal to the opposition most games he plays. And this is his 9th season ffs. He’s actually a worse player now than when we signed him in 2011.

Stadjer

All the people saying Jones is shit are being really harsh and unfair.....

......on players who are just shit.

Phil’s a level below that when you take into account his injuries, his tendency to have brain farts and his balance which seems to be similar to a 2 year olds.

He’s worth a goal to the opposition most games he plays. And this is his 9th season ffs. He’s actually a worse player now than when we signed him in 2011.
Just 4 + 1 more years to endure him.... with his fitness that is 40/50 games and a testimonial total. After that he will finally be gone... i hope.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Amazing how little he has learnt and how much he has forgotten in all his years here. Always looks shellshocked to me, like a man on his way to the gallows. Fergie and Sir Bobby mentioning him in the same breath as Dunc Edwards is truly mind-blowing.
He looked decent enough when he was signed. But how far has he regressed. Looks just like an out of condition parks player being played out of position.
No brains, no positional sense and a mistake waiting to happen.

thomas porter

I really like Phil Jones as a person; he's been a class act and never complained. With that said his United career peaked in about 2012 as I still remember his fantastic performance in defensive midfield against Real.

Its long overdue we sell him as he's a complete liability and not even worth a place on the bench.

MrVolley

I really like Phil Jones as a person; he's been a class act and never complained.
I don't think any of us would complain if United signed us either.

Just like Phil is doing, it would be a case of keeping your head down and hope nobody notices

Djemba-Djemba

I really like Phil Jones as a person; he's been a class act and never complained. With that said his United career peaked in about 2012 as I still remember his fantastic performance in defensive midfield against Real.

Its long overdue we sell him as he's a complete liability and not even worth a place on the bench.
Eh?

What on earth has he got to complain about?

He should be ecstatic and thanking God every day that he's somehow managed to cling on here for 9 years despite it being obvious after about 3 or 4 years he was blatantly not good enough.

FujiVice

Phil Jones once went to see Phoenix Nights Live at the MEN arena and Den Perry had a heart attack on stage. Its not safe to dedicate a full night to him. I imagine Old Trafford's roof would finally cave in or something.

lsd

The Oracle
Didn't cost us today big improvement from him.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Its sad that he doesn't give a feck anymore, considering the potential he came in with when he arrived from Blackburn.

Irwin99

Would have preferred him in midfield over Andreas
I wasn't thinking of Jones specifically but i was thinking during the game back to when Sir Alex asked players to play in centre midfield when an injury crisis was upon us (O'shea and Giggs combo, Park, Rafael etc)

Surely Axel or one of our other centre backs could come in and just sit in the midfield for a few games until we got bodies back.

spiriticon

He is 26 or 27? Yet he still plays like he did as a 19 year old when we signed him. Running around, lunging leg breaking tackles and all.

His biggest failure is the inability to bring maturity to his game.

LJJT

I wasn't thinking of Jones specifically but i was thinking during the game back to when Sir Alex asked players to play in centre midfield when an injury crisis was upon us (O'shea and Giggs combo, Park, Rafael etc)

Surely Axel or one of our other centre backs could come in and just sit in the midfield for a few games until we got bodies back.
I agree to be honest, but could only think could be axel or jones. Ole would have got planned though anyway if it worked or not. Andreas cannot play centre mid at all

DoomSlayer

Has Jones finally been ousted from the first team squad? Hasn't even been on the bench since that awful performance against Sheffield.

Alabaster Codify7

Phil Jones once went to see Phoenix Nights Live at the MEN arena and Den Perry had a heart attack on stage. Its not safe to dedicate a full night to him. I imagine Old Trafford's roof would finally cave in or something.
Hahahaha brilliant!

It does feel 'different' with Jones now, doesn't it. Its like he's been completely taken out of the public eye after his last disgrace of a showing. End of the road? One can hope. We'll be lucky to get £10m but we should 100% take it.

stevoc

Hahahaha brilliant!

It does feel 'different' with Jones now, doesn't it. Its like he's been completely taken out of the public eye after his last disgrace of a showing. End of the road? One can hope. We'll be lucky to get £10m but we should 100% take it.
Much like Darmian we should just be happy to get him off the wage bill.

zenith

I feel sorry for the lad. Hope he can get his fitness issues sorted elsewhere and manage to get a string of games, because believe it or not there is a half decent CB there somewhere.

Just not one of united standards.

Oldyella

Oof. No matter what you think of him, that's got to be a tough realisation to come to.

Much like Darmian we should just be happy to get him off the wage bill.
Its crazy our club keeps making this same error, spending fortunes in wages to try and get fees for players.

He should have taken the Smalling route if he had any kind of confidence in himself, backed himself to go elsewhere and get games in. If anyone would have him.

Paul_Scholes18

Has Jones finally been ousted from the first team squad? Hasn't even been on the bench since that awful performance against Sheffield.
It wasn't that bad of a game. A big error for the goal that could have been a freekick anyway, but he should be playing this week. He is a good defender when up for it. His injury record is terrible though.

Djemba-Djemba

It wasn't that bad of a game. A big error for the goal that could have been a freekick anyway, but he should be playing this week. He is a good defender when up for it. His injury record is terrible though.
He was fecking appalling at Sheffield Utd.

You could tell from the first minute he was completely on edge.

He's been here for almost 10 years, he's just rubbish I'm afraid. He's not Utd standard.

DoomSlayer

True, it wasn't a bad game.

It was actually one of his worst performances ever.

Paul_Scholes18

True, it wasn't a bad game.

It was actually one of his worst performances ever.
As always people go way over the top. We had bigger problems than Jones in that game. It was of course right to change the formation because it didn't work and sub Jones off. Although it was more our midfield and fullbacks that did struggle mostly. Movement was also poor in terms of our attacking and we didn't have anyone to bring the ball forward in midfield.

SAFMUTD

Yep, he has to go now. There's nothing here for him now.
Just a 120K a week contract for the next four years. I think we are stucked with him, so much praise for Ole for his signings but this one is a clear major monumental feck up, extending his contract with improved wages...feck me :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.