Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul_Scholes18

Just a 120K a week contract for the next four years. I think we are stucked with him, so much praise for Ole for his signings but this one is a clear major monumental feck up, extending his contract with improved wages...feck me :lol:
Improved wages sounds crazy. Did we give more for Mata and Young too? It is probably only Mctominay and maybe Rashford who get fair wages right now.

SAFMUTD

Improved wages sounds crazy. Did we give more for Mata and Young too? It is probably only Mctominay and maybe Rashford who get fair wages right now.
According to most reports Mata's wages were reduced from 180K a week to 135K, but still another stupid decision. It was clear he was finished at the end of last season, I really dont get why get gave him a 2 year contract, he's only going to decline more and more.

Young maintained his wages 120K a week and was a one year contract, a good call in my opinion since we are short on fullbacks.

Alabaster Codify7

I'm hoping he's fit and being fully protected with a view to capitalise on this rare occasion by selling in January.

nyanza

Young maintained his wages 120K a week and was a one year contract, a good call in my opinion since we are short on fullbacks.
Wasn't there something about him taking a pay cut? Or was that Valencia with his last contract?

SAFMUTD

Wasn't there something about him taking a pay cut? Or was that Valencia with his last contract?
Not sure about Valencia, but Mata did took a pay cut to agree a 2 year deal instead of 1. Maybe thats the one youre talking about?

sp_107

Jones, Matic, Bailey, Mata, Rojo, Young taking wages they don’t deserve.Perrera and Lingard also comes into that bracket. I will be happy when these 6 are off the books.

Lingers is ok squad player but 100K/week? Only happens at UTD.

Stadjer

Big Phil in the Dog house.
Hopefully he stays in that dog house and not on the field.

Weird move with Jones from Ole though. Changed his system and played Jones out of nowhere, Jones gave away a goal and since that Jones hasnt played anymore. Oh lets not forget the stranges thing... the new 4 + 1 contract.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
So he is now backup for backups in a irelevant game. That contract was great idea.

Last edited:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Best seats on stadium to watch Manchester United and you are payed 100k per week. If by some chance you need to play sometimes, you just go on a sick leave. And it is your future next 4 years. I am so jealous. Dream job.

Man Utd 1:3 Man City

el3mel

I had to search for his thread in the second page of the forum :lol:

Absolute joke of a player, but it's not his problem at the moment, it's our problem giving him a 4+1 contract.

Anyone responsible for this contract should be thrown out of the club with immediate effect.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
@GifLord can you please gif situation from the 85th minute of his comical defendeing where he somehow manages to injure himself in the process?

Ole deserves to be fired for giving him contract extension alone.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Just put him down, he's constantly injured, the suffering he must go through every fecking day, Christ. Good night sweet angel.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
@GifLord can you please gif situation from the 85th minute of his comical defendeing where he somehow manages to injure himself in the process?

Yeah, please do. I was hoping someone else had spotted that. 10 seconds of undiluted, mainlined Jones.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!

Don't forget new deals for Youngy, Andreas, Juan along with Jonesy.

But, its all dandy because Ole sold 'bad characters' in form of Fellaini, Lukaku and Sanchez.

AshRK

Every time I see jones, i wonder this should be his final game and yet he somehow ends up playing. He is everything wrong with this club.

Paul_Scholes18

It was not a bad performance from him. Not great though and he sold himself far too easy against De Bruyne for the third goal. Although he won most duells and had lots of good blocks. Passing was also decent even if he faces the same problem that Maguire does with poor movement in front of him. Could maybe have tried to block the first goal, but it was a magical goal to be fair. 99% of those do not go in and then you don't blame the defenders for it.

The thing with Jones is that he takes far too many risks in his defending. If he gets beaten it often cost a lot more than if he would have played in midfield. He took some today that worked, but on another day he could have given a pen away or free kicks. Thus I do think we could test Jones in midfield if we want to give Fred or Matic a rest because he is great at winning the ball back.

Based Adnan

Dogshit player and the fact that he's one of the more senior players in the dressing room is an embarrassment. Can't believe we renewed his contract 11 months ago.

Ollie Derbyshire

It was not a bad performance from him. Not great though and he sold himself far too easy against De Bruyne for the third goal. Although he won most duells and had lots of good blocks. Passing was also decent even if he faces the same problem that Maguire does with poor movement in front of him. Could maybe have tried to block the first goal, but it was a magical goal to be fair. 99% of those do not go in and then you don't blame the defenders for it.

The thing with Jones is that he takes far too many risks in his defending. If he gets beaten it often cost a lot more than if he would have played in midfield. He took some today that worked, but on another day he could have given a pen away or free kicks. Thus I do think we could test Jones in midfield if we want to give Fred or Matic a rest because he is great at winning the ball back.
Test Jones in midfield because when he loses the ball it won’t cost us as much when in defence, what world are you living in. How about we just never play him again.

With him, Lingard and Pereria in we may as well start with 8 players instead.

R'hllor

You would think that Ole backed contract extensions to Mata and Young were dumb, but giving brand new contract to Jones, now thats special.

Only logical reason for it if Ole had a another private contract signed with Jones, where he has X% of those wages something in Mamic style, fecking criminal, but hey calm and collected prick heads were saying how it makes sense while calling everybody else moaning cnuts.

Djemba-Djemba

Put Jones in midfield???

Jesus Christ are you mad?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Completely out of balance, missplaces the flight of the ball, shit header, gives away the ball, completely out of balance during the dribble, and injures himself in the end. Is there anything else that he could do wrong?

DoomSlayer

He should go the the MLS or China already, no club in a top European league would take him. We used to laugh at Lovren, Jones is 100 times worse.

Stadjer

I wonder how long he will be about after today... he played 90 minutes so that means atleast a few weeks of recovery?

Hilarious player to watch... if only he played for another team :(

Paul_Scholes18

Test Jones in midfield because when he loses the ball it won’t cost us as much when in defence, what world are you living in. How about we just never play him again.

With him, Lingard and Pereria in we may as well start with 8 players instead.
Not about dropping the ball, but about making harsh tackles that can give away pens in the own box. A freekick in midfield is not going to hurt that much. Also if someone goes past him it would not hurt as much if there is cover behind you.

No point going over the top. Those players can still be good squad players under the right management. We certainly wants better starters, but right now our squad is not at the level City got and we got a terrible manager making everyone look worse than they would under a top manager. Still even City got lots of players in that squad that are far from world class. Walker is average, Stones is weak at defending, Mendy is very much up and down, David Silva getting old and so does Aguero. Pep makes them look far better though than they would look for us. If we got Henderson and Milner people would have slated them and wanted them sold too. Point is though a good manager can get the best out of his players.
This is not about Jones, but in general. I think we can certainly afford to let Jones go in the future. Although Rojo and Bailly are getting injured as much as him now. We need new players in first rather than selling anyway, but I would not waste more money on defense before we sort out our attack. In my opinion getting big attackers will reward you far more than central defenders will.

EasyE

He's absolutely finished at a top level. Bereft of confidence.

What makes me so utterly mad after seeing him in last few games are these two things:

- the theatric dive over the ball he keeps doing when he's panicked and has a slight bit of pressure on him.
- the arm waving in the air when someone isn't nearer than 5 yards for a pass or the easy pass back to the keeper isn't on.

Shambolic player.

SAFMUTD

Just a reminder Ole thought it was a good idea to offer Jones a 5 year contract extension.

izec

He is an absolute joke, what the feck s he still doing here. How can Rojo not get games ahead of him. He is a laughing stock

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Important to note United gave Jones a new contract when there was NO need to do so. Wtf was that about, eh? How much deadwood are we carrying for no reason besides the fact we chose to keep it?! Could have refreshed the squad years ago if we didn't insist on holding on to no hopers.

Bobski

Makes me sad, he was so exciting as a young player, injuries have ruined him.

Status
Not open for further replies.