Phil Jones image 4

Phil Jones England flag

2020-21 Performances

View full 2020-21 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Love

Training on his own, it seems. I think we all thank God for that. It would be the most Phil Jones thing of all time to spend the entire season injured, come back into training for the final 6/7 weeks and injure a key player before the Europa League semifinal/potential final.

Definitely has that cheeky wee one in his playbook, I feel.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
It’s all quite sad I think. He had some great times with club but now is a running joke

Would be absolutely delighted if he finds fitness and a new club and proves his worth again

red4ever 79

It's the one constant in the post SAF years where we have had 4 managers and a ton of players in and out, Phil Jones is still here injured all the time.

Giggsyking

Why are we using this picture for his thread? it is a bit disrespectful. I can understand other fans mocking him for the facial expressions, but why we united fans?

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
So, have the testimonial & the recipient of the revenue is the club?

That sounds fair.
I wouldn't go to it. Even if it was on the cards.
It would be a cringe fest. Hes not got a playing legacy to celebrate. He'd be out injured anyway ;)

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
What is the day in the like of Phil Jones is like? Not played for nearly two seasons and not much the previous 8 seasons.

Paul_Scholes18

I thought someone actually had any injury news.

Is there a chance he is back before this season ends? Not that it going to matter much at all, but would be nice to see him playing.
Of course it might be a crap game that just wish we had sold him long ago.

And yes no way he should get any Europa league minutes anyway unless Maguire and Lindelöf both get injured.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
A loan in Jan would have suited him, even if it meant dropping down a league. I'm sure Rooney could have used him at Derby?

stevoc

I thought someone actually had any injury news.

Is there a chance he is back before this season ends? Not that it going to matter much at all, but would be nice to see him playing.
Of course it might be a crap game that just wish we had sold him long ago.

And yes no way he should get any Europa league minutes anyway unless Maguire and Lindelöf both get injured.
There is, he's injured.

peridigm

Just done some digging. He signed a new contract in Feb 2019.
Since then he's played 22 matches. Two of those as a sub with 1' and 2' respectively. So, basically 20 matches.

Edit: 2 matches he was taken off at HT. So there is another match off the tally. 19.

Foxbatt

I can't even remember how he looks like now as it is so long I saw him play or even a current picture.

Spaghetti

Mom's
Just done some digging. He signed a new contract in Feb 2019.
Since then he's played 22 matches. Two of those as a sub with 1' and 2' respectively. So, basically 20 matches.

Edit: 2 matches he was taken off at HT. So there is another match off the tally. 19.
That’s honestly about 15 more than I would have guessed. And about 22 more than it should have been.

BorisManUtd

If there's any team interested in Jones this summer we probably won't be looking for any fee, he has a contract until 2023 and hasn't played for who knows how long. Getting him off the wage bill would be enough. Shame for him, had so many injuries but there's still time for a fresh new start at some other club, he's 29 so not that old yet, especially for a centre-back.

peridigm

If there's any team interested in Jones this summer we probably won't be looking for any fee, he has a contract until 2023 and hasn't played for who knows how long. Getting him off the wage bill would be enough. Shame for him, had so many injuries but there's still time for a fresh new start at some other club, he's 29 so not that old yet, especially for a centre-back.
That's around 78 in Phil Jones years.

M Bison

Supports
York City
surely someone would take him on a pay-as-you-play loan deal? Would love to see him get some game time at a club like Norwich or one that’s getting promoted.

Oldyella

You know they would though and end up scuppering the move somehow.

Paddymcc

What injury does he have?

has he lost a limb and theyre waiting for some cutting edge science to grow a new one?

stevoc

Imagine he plays his first game of the season in the final and has a blinder?

He's the hero we need but maybe not the one we deserve.

MattyB1986

What a life this dude has had... Sitting on his ass getting paid thousands for it. :lol:

Drainy

Hope he does well if its true. Obviously its time for him to move on, but he also doesn't deserve the disrespect he's had from the fans due to his injuries and rustiness when he's returned.

TheBreadTruck

Biggest comeback since Jesus - I'd absolutely love it for him to turn it around, and have a good few years with us even as a rotational option in the squad.

SAFMUTD

He reminds me of myself, I'm all heart on the pitch but a shitty defender as well.

acnumber9

Would’ve been nice for him to get one last game. I find it hard to dislike Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.