Last edited:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I wish I had a life like him.

Playing video games.
Watching football.
Driving a Ferrari.
Having a good looking partner.
Getting payed to maybe reinvest the money in to properties in Manchester or Blackburn.

What a life.

Paul_Scholes18

Let’s hope he remains injury free for 3 weeks until the window closes, and as importantly actually finds a buyer for him...
Moyes getting him would be my guess. They are shit and can need some improvements. He could cover midfield for them too.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Playing video games.
Watching football.
Driving a Ferrari.
Getting payed to maybe reinvest the money in to properties in Manchester or Blackburn.

What a life.
That’s such a shitty post. You’ve described the sort of life that every professional footballer in the North West of England is able to lead. And every single one of them would do anything to avoid adding “terrible luck with injuries” and “unable to get a game when fit” to that list.

No Love

He’s gonna make it through another transfer window, ol’ Jonah.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Silently goes under the radar, collecting 75k/wk doing feck all. He has a good agent.

flappyjay

Silently goes under the radar, collecting 75k/wk doing feck all. He has a good agent.
You are over praising his agent there. He is at the right club anywhere else he would have been released, not offered a long contract

Devil81

Look his career has been ruined by managers and injuries, he was a centre half and Sir Alex signed him far too early in his career.

Not blaming Sir Alex as he believed he had signed a truly top-class defender but that what made him play him out of position over and over, then Moyes and co got involved and before you know it he'd become a joke. Jones should have gone on loan to start with with a guarantee of playing in his favoured position, he would have grown into a better player that way.

Injury wise you can't hold that against him, it happens to so many players.

flappyjay

Look his career has been ruined by managers and injuries, he was a centre half and Sir Alex signed him far too early in his career.

Not blaming Sir Alex as he believed he had signed a truly top-class defender but that what made him play him out of position over and over, then Moyes and co got involved and before you know it he'd become a joke. Jones should have gone on loan to start with with a guarantee of playing in his favoured position, he would have grown into a better player that way.

Yeah we moved for him early to avoid him going to other teams. H definitely wasn't ready

Renegade

Would this have stopped him getting injured?

flappyjay

He played well for us under SAF though. In multiple roles yes, but he did a good job.
He did, I still remember his performance against fellaini. The point is during that time he didn't have a settled position he was cm, cb and rb.

Paul_Scholes18

He did, I still remember his performance against fellaini. The point is during that time he didn't have a settled position he was cm, cb and rb.
True it might have hurt his development a bit. Playing under our managers post SAF has probably done most damage together with all his injuries.
He had a good spell under Mourinho during his second year, but that is probably his only good run post SAF. Run beyond 5-6 games that is.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
If it was me I'd take the money too, never look a gifthorse in the mouth. F-k me though, why on earth did United agree to extend his deal?

We can blame the players all we want. However, over the past few years we've had the chance to let surplus playing staff leave and given them new deals every time. We have made our bed, now we have to lay in it.

M16Red

Playing video games.
Watching football.
Driving a Ferrari.

What a life.
He could buy full streets in Blackburn, name then after his injuries like Sprained Ankle avenue or Hamstring street

Please feck off Phil

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
You are over praising his agent there. He is at the right club anywhere else he would have been released, not offered a long contract
If it was me I'd take the money too, never look a gifthorse in the mouth. F-k me though, why on earth did United agree to extend his deal?

We can blame the players all we want. However, over the past few years we've had the chance to let surplus playing staff leave and given them new deals every time. We have made our bed, now we have to lay in it.
yeh. I think there should be internal investigation about these contracts. I mean, even you, me, and thousands of amateur posters here could see how these contracts shouldn't be handed out to these kind of players.

liamp

yeh. I think there should be internal investigation about these contracts. I mean, even you, me, and thousands of amateur posters here could see how these contracts shouldn't be handed out to these kind of players.
Even if that happened, the takeaways of the investigation would likely be thrown out the window when the next manager comes in.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Big season for him. Really hope he manages to nail that starting spot and show the consistency we know he’s capable of. Would be fitting for him to be in great form and for us to have had a successful season before his testimonial next Summer. Please sell this donkey to literally anyone.

Last edited:

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Big season for him. Really hope he manages to nail that starting spot and show the consistency we know he’s capable off. Would be fitting for him to be in great form and for us to have had a successful season before his testimonial next Summer. Please sell this donkey to literally anyone.
He said he isnt having one because he doesn't think anyone would turn up

AsonUnique

He played well for us under SAF though. In multiple roles yes, but he did a good job.
Yep was a big prospect, shame it didn't work out mostly due to the injuries. He never got a chance to consistently develop. Never fault him for his lack of effort but my goodness we should have never extended him.

Blood Mage

Who knows how good Jones would've become if it hadn't been for the catastrophic accumulation of injuries? It makes me sad that he's become a meme footballer like Lingard because unlike Lingard he did have elite potential at the start of his career, and could have become one of the best English players of his generation.

Kostov

Big season for him. Really hope he manages to nail that starting spot and show the consistency we know he’s capable of. Would be fitting for him to be in great form and for us to have had a successful season before his testimonial next Summer. Please sell this donkey to literally anyone.
Yes that’s a wonderful take, and we should top it with a new 3 year extension of his contract. I mean why not?

Marcus

He will be a good back-up. Maybe this will be the season he shines (if he can stay injury-free).

Dan_F

Shouldn’t we just be offering him out on loan, with wages covered by the other club? I have no idea if £75k a week is correct, but it doesn’t seem a huge amount. Even if we set it at £35k, surely it’s better to do that (and hope he has a good season leading to a sale) rather than keeping him around for 5 games a year.

I’m sure Mengi, Tuanzebe, Bailly can cover the centre backs this year. Even in an absolute crisis we can drop Matic in there.

Djemba-Djemba

Absolutely embarrassing he's still here.

Was obvious 5 years ago at least he wasn't good enough.

He's a clown that will play about 6 or 7 games all season and he'll be shite.

lex talionis

It’s astonishing that Jones is only 28. He’s going nowhere with that salary and it will be interesting to see if Ole gives him any playing time this season. And of course you know what will happen...he’ll put in a fantastic performance one day, then get another chance and blow out a knee.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Who knows how good Jones would've become if it hadn't been for the catastrophic accumulation of injuries? It makes me sad that he's become a meme footballer like Lingard because unlike Lingard he did have elite potential at the start of his career, and could have become one of the best English players of his generation.
That is a myth. Jones is a defender who is clumsy, has no sense for positioning (that is why he dives in last ditch tackles) and has questionable technique.
He had few injury free periods and was average at best.

Raw

Feck me he still has 3 years left on his contract. He's done absolutely nothing since extending.

Whoever authorised that deserves sacking.

flappyjay

Feck me he still has 3 years left on his contract. He's done absolutely nothing since extending.

Whoever authorised that deserves sacking.
Oh yes most definitely should be sacked. At this point we should just pay him off to leave. He adds absolutely nothing to the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.