Phil Jones image 4

Phil Jones England flag

2020-21 Performances

View full 2020-21 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jericho

Better players come and go but Phil Jones is still here somehow.

Jericho

I do wonder how his career would have been had Fergie been his manager for a few years. He seemed to be worse and worse with each new coach, to the point where their various influences created this footballing Frankenstein monster. He wasnt always this shite. There used to be a player in there.
Fergie would have gotten shot of him a long time ago. I know he said Jones would be the greatest ever United player or whatever but he also fiercely defended Veron but was quick to get rid when he know it wasn't going to work out.

Big Andy

Bloke
Phil Jones has just turned his phone back on after switching it off in June.

Paul_Scholes18

We could still need him this season. If he can find form and avoid injuries for a while he is a potential starter like he was under Mourinho and did well mostly.
Although under Ole and us right now they will all probably all look shit at the moment.

0le

Last seen doing a photo shoot at a local hospital for a blockbuster movie, Keeping up with the Joneses 2.

Meep

Youtube Media...
Haha.. say what you want about Phil Jones but that header at 3.17.. that is determination! Had me laughing with tears in my eyes.. I hope he comes back strong. It's not like the back line is irreplaceable. :)

shabz

With Smalling leaving, he may be the best CB defensively we now have which is a sobering thought.

RedDevil@84

Haha.. say what you want about Phil Jones but that header at 3.17.. that is determination! Had me laughing with tears in my eyes.. I hope he comes back strong. It's not like the back line is irreplaceable. :)
If I remember correctly, that header when he was on all fours did the trick and the attacker couldn't get his shot or cross properly.

Tony247

Report in the Sun says jones wants to quit united because he is not included in the squad.

Doesn't he have to be first fit to play before anything to do with selection?

Ludens the Red

:lol:
This has still never been explained. It literally made zero sense.
We’re stocked on defenders, he’s shit and injury prone. He has no resale value and we’ve been trying to trim the squad yet this happened. I can only think he must be liked in the dressing room.

stevoc

Excellent news and a shrewd move by the club. With only 3 years + 1 optional year left on his previous deal he was in serious danger of leaving the club sometime in the next decade. This move ensures that he's a mainstay at the heart of United's defence (treatment room) for years and years to come.

Just leave Phil, go away and never come back.

LARulz

I didn't realise he was injured which explains his omission even more. But then again, it's Jones, I should have assumed by default

Paul_Scholes18

I didn't realise he was injured which explains his omission even more. But then again, it's Jones, I should have assumed by default
Any news is he back soon? Doesn't matter I guess since he is not in the squad for PL so will not even be on the bench.
Not for CL either so I think his best chance of playing is third round in the Fa cup if Tuanzebe and Bailly are out with injuries.

LARulz

Any news is he back soon? Doesn't matter I guess since he is not in the squad for PL so will not even be on the bench.
Not for CL either so I think his best chance of playing is third round in the Fa cup if Tuanzebe and Bailly are out with injuries.
Think Ole said December

dbs235

Real shame how his career turned out. Was excited when we signed him.

I think he can be added again in January/February for the second half of the season. I hope not, though.

GenZRed

I know people keep ribbing Fergie for comparing him to Duncan Edwards but I think he meant in terms of his tactical flexibility, that he could play in multiple positions. Yes Fergie thought highly of his talent but there was a time (a long, long time ago) when it looked like Phil Jones would turn out to be a good player.

Anyway, just terminate his contract and get Phil Jones out of this club.

RedDevil@84

Santa to deliver him back as a Christmas present. At least that's what Ole has told us

Status
Not open for further replies.