Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pickle85

Presumably it’s down to the manager. Ole seemed to have a plan for Phil, which seemed to include getting back to fitness and a Jan exit. Hopefully Ralf agrees with that.
Agreed it's down to the manager. I hadn't heard any rumblings about that being a plan from Ole though but may have missed that? Either way, I think given how long he's overstayed his welcome (no disrespect to him - in his situation I'd have done the exact same thing) I reckon that it's fair game to question whether he will actually leave in Jan, a time where there's little movement, traditionally.

lex talionis

There's a part of me that would like to see Phil Jones get a run out at Old Trafford one last time, even if it's a Donnyesque 85th minute sub, before he's presumably shipped to Newcastle in January.

Jericho

Presumably it’s down to the manager. Ole seemed to have a plan for Phil, which seemed to include getting back to fitness and a Jan exit. Hopefully Ralf agrees with that.
I’d say more than a few players at the club have had a stay of execution each time a new manager comes in. I’d be very surprised if Phil Jones left in January.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Agreed it's down to the manager. I hadn't heard any rumblings about that being a plan from Ole though but may have missed that? Either way, I think given how long he's overstayed his welcome (no disrespect to him - in his situation I'd have done the exact same thing) I reckon that it's fair game to question whether he will actually leave in Jan, a time where there's little movement, traditionally.
Wouldn’t disagree tbh, stranger things have happened. I for one never thought I’d see Jesse in a United shirt again after his loan at WH but hey what do I know?!

Back To Madeira

There's a part of me that would like to see Phil Jones get a run out at Old Trafford one last time, even if it's a Donnyesque 85th minute sub, before he's presumably shipped to Newcastle in January.

I want to see him play for us again too. Maybe he can start the FA Cup tie along with Bailly. It would be a fun watch.

stevoc

Hope he gets a run out at OT before he leaves. It'll be a real blast from the past to see him in a United shirt again.

SAFMUTD

Hopefully we gets an ovation in his last game, something like subing him the last 10 minutes at Old Trafford in a sealed game. A nice farewell for him, bad luck injuries and whatever but at this point its incredible he's still at the club.

Pickle85

Wouldn’t disagree tbh, stranger things have happened. I for one never thought I’d see Jesse in a United shirt again after his loan at WH but hey what do I know?!
Hahaha agree with you there mate. Could have put money on seeing the back of him after that yet here we are!

Caesar2290

It's crazy to think that 10 years ago we passed/missed on signing Varane and ended up with Jones. At the time both were highly rated and expected to be the new face of the modern CBs. Fergie went as far as to compare him to Duncan Edwards.

10 years later they've been reunited at Manchester United, but the trajectory of their careers couldn't have been any more different.

Jost for lolz and could have been, I would like to have a game of Varane-Jones as our CB partnership.

united for life

he surely will.Varane, Maguire, Bailly and Lindelof. Jones wages are too high to be 5th in the pecking order. If Jones is still interested in playing (rather than just financial return), he should be pushing for a move elsewhere. He’s still 29 and can actually play elsewhere. He was unfortunate with his injuries

bringbackbebe

Phil had immense potential to be one of the best footballers. Many managers saw that along with with leadership potential and there were comparisons with Duncan Edwards. Fast forward, he's nearly 30 years old now and it's very sad the way things have turned out for him.

We have two choices:
1) Experiment with Phil, give him a chance while knowing he will never be more than a fringe player and where every mistake will be mocked and laughed at or,
2) Allow him to be happier elsewhere where he can potentially rebuild his career, even if that means a mid or low profile club while allowing a next generation player to fill in for us.

I think option 2 would be win-win for both parties.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
he surely will.Varane, Maguire, Bailly and Lindelof. Jones wages are too high to be 5th in the pecking order. If Jones is still interested in playing (rather than just financial return), he should be pushing for a move elsewhere. He’s still 29 and can actually play elsewhere. He was unfortunate with his injuries
Yup, it may be ominous for Phil that Teden Mengi got a run out on Wednesday too. Ted came back from Derby with a glowing report, so Jones is definitely down the pecking order.

united for life

Yup, it may be ominous for Phil that Teden Mengi got a run out on Wednesday too. Ted came back from Derby with a glowing report, so Jones is definitely down the pecking order.
phil was ineligible for the game on wednesday. If he were, I think he would’ve played. But yes, the general feel is that he won’t play another game for united

Bobski

Is he even playing reserve matches? The last time I saw him play he looked a physical wreck, moving like Maguire. He was really quick and dynamic at one point, such a waste of potential, should have been a far better player than Maguire.

GoldanoGraham

I thought it would never happen again but he will make a return very soon……..

Could we offload him to Newcastle? They could be the new Sunderland/Middlesbrough for players we need to offload?

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Probably not very relevant at the time to bring it up, but I was seeing his meme defending where he losses his balance and deflects the ball with his head and its pretty solid defending actually

Oh phill where are thou

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Probably not very relevant at the time to bring it up, but I was seeing his meme defending where he losses his balance and deflects the ball with his head and its pretty solid defending actually

Oh phill where are thou
It was brave

I would like to see him get one more chance at United

Red the Bear

Something less generic
It was brave

I would like to see him get one more chance at United
Shame we gave away the league cup so easily might have been the perfect chance to play the likes of him

Also hes not even 30 only 1 year older than harry at 29 !

Levenstein

Cause we don’t have many options tonight.
I would like to see Varane and Jones. Maguire should be dropped anyway.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Is Varane injured again?! That's becoming another of our classic transfers isn't it.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Get him on the pitch. It's not like we're challenging for anything big this season and Maguire's form is a disaster itself. Shouldn't feel much of a bigger difference.

If he won't make it past 30 minutes then Ralf perhaps will be the first United manager to say enough is enough and start making decisions like every manager in a big club should do.

DevTheRed

I’d love him to start and have an absolute blinder, guy deserves a few good performances after his injury problems. Crowd would fully be behind him too.

Crownless

Personally, I hope he's playing today and gives a really solid performance.

He's the type of player who always gives 100% and leaves his heart on the pitch. Can't say the same for many our players as of lately....

arthurka

Get him on the pitch, play him will play a blinder and after couple of those performances he will get a new contract. Will finish his career at Utd.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
People want a meme to play at centre back in a crucial game for us against an opponent who is a constant thorn in our arse. He has no place on the pitch for us anymore.

Matic or McTominay is the sensible choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.