Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul_Scholes18

If Phil Jones scores the winner today after 90 minutes played then I will name my next (first) son Phil.

Pickle85

Reckon he'll be good today tbf. In his defense, though he has the occasional wtf are you doing moment in him you can usually rely on him to be solid defensively. You can also rely on him giving his all unlike many of the rest of our current crew. Good luck to him.

sirAlexsglasses

I do believe that he will give everything that he has for the cause tonight, and that’s all I ask for in anyone playing. Unlike most of these workshy cowards we currently employ.

MrBest

Thought he was fine, should starr ahead of Maguire as should Bailey, needs some games. Has more passion than half this lot.

Paul_Scholes18

3 defenders thus suit Jones, but Maguire was horrible today. Strange given that England play with 3 as well.

It did feel like they had not even trained at all together in this formation.

Droid_Repairs

Still a great player. His positioning and covering is excellent, as is his clearing. He's lost half a yard of pace, but that's to be expected with the amount of time he's been out.

Unironically better than Maguire, and possibly our best CB option. Hope he stays fit, works hard, and gets a proper run next season.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Still a great player. His positioning and covering is excellent, as is his clearing. He's lost half a yard of pace, but that's to be expected with the amount of time he's been out.

Unironically better than Maguire, and possibly our best CB option. Hope he stays fit, works hard, and gets a proper run next season.
Still? When the feck he was a great player? With Jones it is rinse and repeat. People just forget how average he is.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
I hope to see him play again for us this season, not that he is anything special but I like the lad and despise the way he has been turned into this laughing stock meme figure for no good reason. He is no better or worse than any of our other centre backs right now given their form.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
I just want to see Maguire dropped. I don’t care for who. It should be for Bailly but if it’s for Jones then that’s fine too.

pss

To be fair to him, coming back to the pitch against this Liverpool side was probably not the best idea Ragnick has ever had. I guess that can be said about coming back against any Premier League opposition though. It's very hard for the players to show how close they are to being somewhat reliable footballers in the state we are in as a club with the total lack of work ethic, structure and tactical ideas. I know that some of you are going to say that it is up to the players, but I disagree on that.

Zlatattack

I hope he remains fit and plays every game left in the season.

He's a decent defender, not world class - but he's always given it his all for the club. A proper Manchester United player.

Paul_Scholes18

He should start over Maguire.

Under Ole I liked Jones and Lindelöf as a pair. We played them during our great run when he just took over before injuries and issues messed us up.

lex talionis

Was actually decent against an incredible Liverpool. Unlike Maguire, Jones did not disgrace himself.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I disagree, when he's fit he's very good - he's had some outstanding games for United, most famously the time he looked after Ronaldo away at Madrid. This was around the time Fergie compared him to Duncan Edwards.

His problem is, and has always been injuries.
His technique is bad, he tends to panic which makes whole defence nervous and has bad sense for positioning because of which he does last ditch tackles often.
He is and always was average defender and liability but it is same story with him for 10 years now; more he is injured, better he becomes in eyes of some fans.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
His technique is bad, he tends to panic which makes whole defence nervous and has bad sense for positioning because of which he does last ditch tackles often.
He is and always was average defender and liability but it is same story with him for 10 years now; more he is injured, better he becomes in eyes of some fans.
Yes that’s why he used to make the England squad and went to a World Cup

Kag

Absolutely ludicrous that he still gets minutes for us in 2022, after millions of pounds spent.

Not his fault; he’s actually a decent defender when fit, but ludicrous all the same.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Absolutely ludicrous that he still gets minutes for us in 2022, after millions of pounds spent.

Not his fault; he’s actually a decent defender when fit, but ludicrous all the same.
And yet you could also argue its ludicrous he hasn't had more minutes considering how shit our defenders are

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22

I would actually have played him more.

Oranges038

This thread has more pages than he's had league games in the last 4 years.

He's 30, his knees are 106. Time for him to be given the boot has long since passed. Should just pay him off and release him. If he wants to try and play somewhere else, fair enough. If he wants to coach, then give him a helping hand with some sort of role.

Status
Not open for further replies.