Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

tomaldinho1

Good to see him play a few games. We’re all just waiting for the inevitable news he’s injured again but I’m enjoying it whilst it lasts.

Bwuk

Made the same amount of appearances as Bailly this season now in the league.

binary bot
Best case him and the club come to an agreement to end his contract. He's 30, surely he has some desire to play a bit more before the end of his career.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Decent squad player for 3 or 4 games next season :drool:

Would probably be mad of Jonesy to walk away from his bumper deal. Especially with a testimonial up at the end of the season :wenger:

Castia

Could he at least give up the number 4 shirt ffs.

Forget all the bad transfers we’ve made giving this guy a 5 year contract must be one of the worst decisions ever.

crossy1686

career ending
Well he did almost leave in January so I'd take this with a pinch of salt, but if he does stay, at least we've cleared out most of the unwanted's. Plus, Jones isn't a whopper and actually did okay when he played last season.

GazTheLegend

Could he at least give up the number 4 shirt ffs.

Forget all the bad transfers we’ve made giving this guy a 5 year contract must be one of the worst decisions ever.
Yeah that's the moment I realised "feck, maybe Solskjaer doesn't know what he's doing after all..." after defending him a ton on here. Not a great look for our club.

TuzlaUnited

Definition of parasite!
And do not tell me to fell sorry for him.He is millionaire and he had money and platform to finish any school and chase any other profession in the life.But he chose to be leech.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Definition of parasite!
And do not tell me to fell sorry for him.He is millionaire and he had money and platform to finish any school and chase any other profession in the life.But he chose to be leech.
Which school could he have graduated from in the 18 months in which he was (mostly) unavailable? The American university of Samoa?

And how do you know he did not acquire a law degree from said university?

Do you expect all bench players to quit their jobs?

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Which school could he have graduated from in the 18 months in which he was (mostly) unavailable? The American university of Samoa?

And how do you know he did not acquire a law degree from said university?

Do you expect all bench players to quit their jobs?
I mean in the past when players weren't given playing time they forced a move away but nowadays we have so many Winston's who just enjoy sitting on the bench collecting huge paychecks doing nothing.

stevoc

Yeah that's the moment I realised "feck, maybe Solskjaer doesn't know what he's doing after all..." after defending him a ton on here. Not a great look for our club.
I don't think Interim managers decide which players get new contracts.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I mean in the past when players weren't given playing time they forced a move away but nowadays we have so many Winston's who just enjoy sitting on the bench collecting huge paychecks doing nothing.
"Back in the day..."
Donny and Martial did just that.
Jones wouldnt pass a medical when injured. January was the only window he couldve moved and it was reported he didnt want to uproot to go on loan for half a year to France. It was also reported we had stamped a 15 million evaluation on Jones. We'll see what happens this summer. He might well take a stable move that isnt a loan to France.

Btw, did we give Jordi Cruyff this much shit for being a fringe squad player? Someone's gotta do it.

GifLord

"Back in the day..."
Donny and Martial did just that.
Jones wouldnt pass a medical when injured. January was the only window he couldve moved and it was reported he didnt want to uproot to go on loan for half a year to France. It was also reported we had stamped a 15 million evaluation on Jones. We'll see what happens this summer. He might well take a stable move that isnt a loan to France.

Btw, did we give Jordi Cruyff this much shit for being a fringe squad player? Someone's gotta do it.
Cruyff played 58 matches in 4 seasons. Jones 40 in the last 4 with 0 appearances in season 2020-21

Back To Madeira

Here comes the Phil Jones defence force!

We unite to shoot down anyone who dares to question the character, commitment or ability of our beloved Phillip. He who speaks ill of Phil will have their opinion shat on while having cold Pot Noodle poured on their head. Don't you know he could still become the greatest player this club has ever seen? Be gone from here and be grateful you have witnessed Duncan Edwards incarnate donning the red shirt for nearly a decade. Peasants!

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Here comes the Phil Jones defence force!

We unite to shoot down anyone who dares to question the character, commitment or ability of our beloved Phillip. He who speaks ill of Phil will have their opinion shat on while having cold Pot Noodle poured on their head. Don't you know he could still become the greatest player this club has ever seen? Be gone from here and be grateful you have witnessed Duncan Edwards incarnate donning the red shirt for nearly a decade. Peasants!
It's understandable questioning the logic of extending the contract of a player that's had such a torrid injury record, but it seems a strange thing to hold it againt the individual. Particularly with the level of hatred some on here direct at him.

GifLord

You can’t play when you’ve got an 18 month career threatening injury. Well maybe you could but it’s not advisable
Has nothing to do with injury. We keep persisting with shit players hoping they improve.
Jones should have been gone in 2016-17 along with Valencia, Young, Smalling and the rest of the bunch. But because we're not ruthless we reward these shitty players with extravagant contracts
He's an over-hyped wonderkid who became a nothing player. It's embarassing how much support these idiots get from Utd supporters

Kag

He’s been terribly unlucky with injury, but I’d seriously question his motivation to play if he were still here come September. Needs shifting as soon as possible.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Has nothing to do with injury. We keep persisting with shit players hoping they improve.
Jones should have been gone in 2016-17 along with Valencia, Young, Smalling and the rest of the bunch. But because we're not ruthless we reward these shitty players with extravagant contracts
He's an over-hyped wonderkid who became a nothing player. It's embarassing how much support these idiots get from Utd supporters
Stick to Gifs

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I'm not sure how you can dislike Phil Jones. Or have any opinion about him at all really.
Let’s hope none of this lot are doctors.
“I know your leg is hanging off Phil but you gotta get out there and play. Redcafe members think you should get out and play or just get out. Oh.. your legs just dropped off. Something I said?”

Irwin99

Calling him a parasite is harsh in the extreme when he just wants to get his career back on track for United. It's the clubs fault for extending his contract if anything and i doubt many other clubs would be in for him with his injury track record.

I do think some people forget just how error prone he's been though.

Status
Not open for further replies.