Phil Jones caught saying "sacked in the morning"?

lsd

The Oracle
A bit out of topic but Lee Grant has been stealing a living for more than a year now. Arguably more than any of our players as well (aside from Sanchez).

I'd love to be in his position. What a life.

How ? He is a back up keeper and having him allows our younger keepers to go on loan

Gasolin

Jones says something "in the morning", not sure if it's sacked.
And Ed says something about "stop" at the end indeed.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
A bit out of topic but Lee Grant has been stealing a living for more than a year now. Arguably more than any of our players as well (aside from Sanchez).

I'd love to be in his position. What a life.
Ridiculous opinion. He's the fecking third choice keeper. What the feck do you expect of him?

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Just read a report that said some players are expressing frustration at solskjaers training methods. I bet Its these old gits like Jones.

Phil Jones needs a slap round the ear and a cup of coffee. He's the reason we're shit! How dare he criticise solskjaer.

dev1l

Just read a report that said some players are expressing frustration at solskjaers training methods. I bet Its these old gits like Jones.

Phil Jones needs a slap round the ear and a cup of coffee. He's the reason we're shit! How dare he criticise solskjaer.
Thing is senior players don't like to see younger players ahead of them. In the case of Jones, it looks like Tuanzebe is ahead of him now.

So the moaning starts..

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
If he really said "sacked in the morning" he should be sacked himself. That's incredibly unprofessional and not something you'd want to see at your club. Woodward should have slapped him regardless.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I remember when United bench clips used to be fun:

Acole9

Outstanding
Woodward definitely says we're on camera stop. Can't really tell what Jones is saying.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Not a lip-reader by choice unfortunately, something I've naturally had to do from a very young age.

It's not an exact science either, despite what some experts would have you believe.
I'm split on "sacked in the morning" and "disappointing" to be fair. It's a tough one as he rapidly mutters it and the video isn't the greatest quality.
:lol: So full of shit you are

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
it looked to me like Woodward says something like "who would you put up top?" or something with top at the end anyway.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Why would Jones even say “sacked in the morning” do people say that outside of the chant?

Yagami

Good post resistant
Ridiculous opinion. He's the fecking third choice keeper. What the feck do you expect of him?
The fact that we feel the need to have a 3rd choice keeper is crazy to me. When, if ever, have we needed more than 2? If, by some unfortunate way, we end up losing de Gea and Romero to injuries, we'd be allowed to bring in an emergency one or just promote from within.

Grant's definitely a lucky boy to be earning a living here for doing absolutely nothing.

SirAF

Ageist
Sources close to Jones dismissed those suggestions on Monday night, while Woodward is adamant that he was talking to another member of staff and asked, 'Has he been booked, Diop?' following a foul by the West Ham player.

The Urban Goose

Woodward definitely says we're on camera stop. Can't really tell what Jones is saying.
Which is hypocritical as the clip starts with him doing that "what are you doing?" hands held out and upwards thing. If he's that conscious of the cameras, that was clearly intentional and doesn't help matters one bit.

Melville Red

Thing is senior players don't like to see younger players ahead of them. In the case of Jones, it looks like Tuanzebe is ahead of him now.

So the moaning starts..
Good, let him moan at Oldham or Bolton or any other club who plays lower than the championship league, he may not look out of place there.

Melville Red

All this crap about Woodward saying stop we’re on camera.

He should have mentioned that to Ole at half time.
“Ole we’re playing like crap, now stop it we are on camera you know”.
God I Detest Woodward for what he’s done at our club.

tenpoless

How ? He is a back up keeper and having him allows our younger keepers to go on loan
I don't know! why do We need a third choice keeper when Romero barely plays at all? Not like We're challenging for all trophies.

I expect him to be more vocal and supportive of Jones' mumbles. That way We know He's at least part of the team.

Oldyella

So the moaning starts..
Should of had the balls to go out on loan like Smalling then. And if no one wanted him, that should of been a signal he best keep quiet.

pascell

So the moaning starts..
Could very well be the young players and not senior, who knows, neither of us, so let's not speculate.

Aretak

The fact that we feel the need to have a 3rd choice keeper is crazy to me. When, if ever, have we needed more than 2? If, by some unfortunate way, we end up losing de Gea and Romero to injuries, we'd be allowed to bring in an emergency one or just promote from within.

Grant's definitely a lucky boy to be earning a living here for doing absolutely nothing.
Seems such a weird thing to get worked up about. City currently have Scott Carson on their books as their third choice keeper (and Richard Wright filled the same role for years previously). Liverpool have Andy Lonergan. Paying an experienced, solid keeper a wage to have around just in case hardly seems like the worst idea in the world. I'm sure he's not on £100k a week.