Phil Jones Future | Reports: Observing United academy sessions

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Surely it's not that easy to find a club willing to sign him when he's been injured for years
For much (much, much) lower wage or wage based on number of games, he would surely find himself a club. If his desire was to play football. It wasn't. He chose to collect "free" 3 million.
So, i don't get all this sympathy towards him tbh; "poor guy" and shit like that.

arnoldS

Do we know what salary Jones is on? Maybe the contract was some sort of retirement package as it was clear that he won't play anymore?

fallengt

Feel sorry for him but this is just highlight how badly club is run.

If Glazers were paying money from their pocket, they would never allow this situation to happen. But here we are, it's club's money so they don't care.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Do we know what salary Jones is on? Maybe the contract was some sort of retirement package as it was clear that he won't play anymore?
Retirement package for 5 years is potentially one of the best retirememt packages the world has ever seen.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
To be honest the issues belong both ways, club and player.

Ed gave a a new contract just not to lose him for free and Jones, barely played for the las 4/5 years have been happy to take his money and goes to individual training.

We should have parted ways for him, and he should have asked to leave.

He s a professional footballer that played 6 games in 4 years, and we gave him 8/9 Millions in the meantime.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Imagine a wounded animal… you dont prolong its pain. You put it down
He could have retired at any time. So he is happy cashing in. He even taunted fans who felt that the situation was beyond ridiculous

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He could have retired at any time. So he is happy cashing in. He even taunted fans who felt that the situation was beyond ridiculous
“I’m proud of my career and when it finishes and I’m enjoying my life — and by the way I’m super fortunate that I’ll be able to do that, because footballers are fortunate — [the keyboard warriors] will still be in their mum’s spare bedroom, sipping Diet Pepsi that’s flat, eating a Pot Noodle, sitting in their boxers, tweeting.”

feck him

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
“I’m proud of my career and when it finishes and I’m enjoying my life — and by the way I’m super fortunate that I’ll be able to do that, because footballers are fortunate — [the keyboard warriors] will still be in their mum’s spare bedroom, sipping Diet Pepsi that’s flat, eating a Pot Noodle, sitting in their boxers, tweeting.”

feck him
He gave up a long time ago.

largelyworried

feck him
Yeah this pretty much ended any sympathy I had for the guy.

devilish

He gave up a long time ago.
His injuries ruined him and he knows that. At this point he is there sucking the last pounds of a ridiculous cobtract united had offered to him. I am surprised that our doctors didn't notice that before we gave him such ridiculous contract. Expertise and common sense is in short supply at United.

devilish

Would you retire if offered tons of money? This one is on Ed the Idiot and Ole.
I took pay cuts and I also willingly left jobs when the business needed so. Some great players left before the end of their contract as well (van Basten, baggio etc). It's called pride and respect towards one self and the employer. I understand that few people are like that but the least he can do is shut up, take the money and not taunt the fans who pay his bills without getting anything in exchange

But yes woody is an idiot.

Last edited:

hmchan

What irritates me the most is that some fans still think Jones is a solid player when he is free from injury. He is not.

devilish

What irritates me the most is that some fans still think Jones is a solid player when he is free from injury. He is not.
No one can stay so long away from regular football and still be useful not even a Rio or a Vidic. Let's face it, Jones was never anywhere near to that level

MegadrivePerson

Feel sorry for him but this is just highlight how badly club is run.

If Glazers were paying money from their pocket, they would never allow this situation to happen. But here we are, it's club's money so they don't care.
A lot of big clubs get in to these situations. Chelsea had it recently with Danny Drinkwater, Liverpool couldn't get rid of Loris Karius. In defence of Jones, it's mainly been injuries that have ruined his career. He knows full well he will never get close to another contract of a similar structure to the one that he's got here, so understandably from his point of view he is milking it for every last penny!

glasgow 21

Let is go, its on woodward. He is allowed to stay here and claim cash for nothing due to the contract. Rooney wants him but he isn't for going anywhere where he actually has to put in a shift for his wages. He refusal to look for match time elsewhere fully shows his character and why he is and was never a fit for this club.

Unam333

feck him
That was an awful quote by him. I lost a bit of respect for him after he spouted that nonsense.

DevilRed

feck him
Is that a real quote though? If it is, was done in such poor taste. Imagine collecting money from the club for all these years without so much as even trying to play through pain. Then actually coming out and dissing supporters who pay his wages.

fecking disgrace.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Is that a real quote though? If it is, was done in such poor taste. Imagine collecting money from the club for all these years without so much as even trying to play through pain. Then actually coming out and dissing supporters who pay his wages.

fecking disgrace.
It was

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain

feck him
Jokes on him, I’m sitting fully clothed with the shower on eating frozen potato wedges straight from the bag and crying hysterically.

RedOrange

fecking disgrace.
If his knee is bone on bone, there's no playing through that. He may as well have a bullet in his leg. He could get a cortisone shot and then tramadol/toradol injections every day but after his career ended he'd be in excruciating pain until he could get a knee replacement, which he'd be waiting a while for because they don't last forever and can't usually be replaced.

If you don't want him to bust out the loser in their mom's basements line, don't act like it's true.

lex talionis

We've clubbed to death the baby seal of Phil Jones over and over. Some of his injuries were probably self-inflicted but I'm sure some were not. Bad luck has haunted him his entire career. And we've known for years that club management were fools for awarding him that contract despite all the known risks. It is what it is, but it will end soon.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You just know loads of people moaning at him for not "playing through the pain barrier", based on absolutely zero proof he's not tried, wouldn't be able to jog down the road without breaking down.
And probably take loads of days off ill from work each year.

Al-T

Mad, that five managers and two cartaker mamagers since Sir Alex left that Jones is still here. Unimaginable, however, that United will take the option for another year so in nine months, the saga is done.

feck him
I can't believe he's really proud of his career. He's done feck all and purposely avoided trying to play regular football somewhere else in order to take a fat paycheck here and sit at home. His career is a joke, considering the talent he had, and he's nothing more than a parody at this point.