Phil Jones Future | Reports: Observing United academy sessions

Ace

Not a terrible option as a 4th choice CB. Did any one see Arsenal’s backline on Wednesday?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Anyone still praising Jones and saying he is good backup player should be reported, because it's obviously wumming at this point. Whoever gave him new contract should have been fired long time ago.

Injured again, after not playing any football since January.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Anyone still praising Jones and saying he is good backup player should be reported, because it's obviously wumming at this point. Whoever gave him new contract should have been fired long time ago.

This

Kostov

At some point he was my favorite young player we had, I rated his potential and up till that Spurs game where he fecked us over I had hope for him. However giving him a new contract was such a bad bad management. Absolute bonkers.

0le

Simon Stone (BBC) has hinted that he is likely to leave [this summer].

In fairness, one of the centre-backs is Chris Smalling, who is on loan at Roma and another is Phil Jones, who is likely to leave Old Trafford.

Robbie Boy

Indeed. I can certainly see him leaving this summer. It appears as though Ole has a list of players he wants rid of which will happen over a-few transfer windows. I fully expect Jones to be part of that list.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Well I would be surprised if we don't give him a new 3-4 year contract. If he puts 4-5 games kn a row until end of the season no doubt he will get new contract.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Simon Stone (BBC) has hinted that he is likely to leave [this summer].
Wonder which club will sign him, he is obviously PL quality CB but his injury record is very poor, he is earning around 100K per week, this might not put a dent on ManUtd budget but any midtable club this would be huge issue. High earning player not even available for 50% of the games.

SiRed

Wonder which club will sign him, he is obviously PL quality CB but his injury record is very poor, he is earning around 100K per week, this might not put a dent on ManUtd budget but any midtable club this would be huge issue. High earning player not even available for 50% of the games.
Everton written all over him!

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
I somehow doubt Ancelotti would want Phil Jones.
No one would want Phil Jones except Manchester United, even on half terms what we are offering him. No one is stupid enough to pay him anyhwere near with his injury record. He is not bad player when he plays, but he is also nothing special to take any gamble with his history.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I strongly doubt he's that close to 100k.

But even 60k a week or so is a strong deal!

Time to go though, he won't ever get a run here. He can still do a decent job for your West Ham types.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
He was a great prospect but sadly his injuries meant he stopped developing.

Obviously if you play each week, without injuries and you train properly for years you'll be one of the greatest of your generation, Jones clearly had potential but sadly when you miss 6 months of most seasons due to injury you just don't develop and your body is never in the right state.

He should be moved on but obviously he was a key member of the squad at times, will be sad to see him go, never faulted his attitude but it's time for him to move.

dave1956

Another point of view is that he may sit out his contract, unless the right offer comes along meaning the same financial package that he has at present.

crossy1686

career ending

I just fell really sorry for him. Letting him go is like dumping a puppy on the motorway because it's only got three legs. We should just make him the mascot or something.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
I just fell really sorry for him. Letting him go is like dumping a puppy on the motorway because it's only got three legs. We should just make him the mascot or something.
So basically let him do what he waa doing for ten years?

edcunited1878

Need him to vacate the 4 shirt and allow someone else to wear it just so it can be seen again on the pitch. feck, he's the worst United player by far to have ever worn the 4 shirt in PL history....not a surprise.

Steve Bruce, David May, Veron, Evans, Heinze, Hargreaves...Phil Jones.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He was a great prospect but sadly his injuries meant he stopped developing.

Obviously if you play each week, without injuries and you train properly for years you'll be one of the greatest of your generation, Jones clearly had potential but sadly when you miss 6 months of most seasons due to injury you just don't develop and your body is never in the right state.

He should be moved on but obviously he was a key member of the squad at times, will be sad to see him go, never faulted his attitude but it's time for him to move.
Exactly... people like to poke fun at SAF for saying he's the next Duncan Edwards... but who know's how good he might have been able to become if he hadn't been injured every 5 minutes. (Probably not Duncan Edwards level of course, but he would certainly have developed into a much better footballer then he is now)

rotherham_red

Burnley (if Big Sam goes there), West Ham are the two PL clubs that seem the best fit for him. He could maybe have a bit of a renaissance in Italy, a la Smalling also.

Craig Ward

Burnley (if Big Sam goes there), West Ham are the two PL clubs that seem the best fit for him. He could maybe have a bit of a renaissance in Italy, a la Smalling also.
I could easily see Jones at Newcastle.

Palace maybe an alternative. Burnley will never pay his wages and i cant see him at West Ham for some reason

I think Jones has had a rough deal of late, he's become a bit of a joke which is a shame for him. If he stayed fit he would have been an immense player. Shame the last few years he has turned into a bit of a joke figure here, he should have had the desire to want to move on a few years back to revive his career, but he's just stagnated here

romufc

I could easily see Jones at Newcastle.

Palace maybe an alternative. Burnley will never pay his wages and i cant see him at West Ham for some reason

I think Jones has had a rough deal of late, he's become a bit of a joke which is a shame for him. If he stayed fit he would have been an immense player. Shame the last few years he has turned into a bit of a joke figure here, he should have had the desire to want to move on a few years back to revive his career, but he's just stagnated here
I think he needs to move, get a fresh start.

I have nothing against Jones, he seems a good lad and does have the passion. Unfortunately, injuries have completely ruined him for us and everytime he plays for us, I think he tries too hard and makes mistakes.

He clearly needs a run of games.

Bojan11

Newcastle already have better centre backs than him unless they sell one of them. So do Burnley. This guy isn’t reliable enough for clubs.

Craig Ward

Newcastle already have better centre backs than him unless they sell one of them. So do Burnley. This guy isn’t reliable enough for clubs.
A fit Phil Jones walks into Newcastle's team, easily. Burnley's too.

His issue is maintaining fitness, he's easily capable of playing for both clubs.