Phil Jones is the best centre back at the club.

BUGGS

Search your inner self and you will find it to be true. Don't resist, this leads to negativity in ones life.
Correct me if i'm wrong but i think he may be our current longest serving player, has won a league title with us and has been here 9 years (Scoring 6 goals!) He deserves some credit.

Bwuk

Still remember Jones being played as an attacking midfielder vs someone. Ferguson was the man.

Glorio

Wait for it ...

How drunk are you on a scale of 1 to 10? While you sober up, the CAF is coming for you in all it's righteous rage, and it's gonna be glorious!!!

Zuggie

The facial expressions alone seal this for me...

TrustInOle

Search your inner self and you will find it to be true. Don't resist, this leads to negativity in ones life.
Correct me if i'm wrong but i think he may be our current longest serving player, has won a league title with us and has been here 9 years (Scoring 6 goals!) He deserves some credit.
Take away his injury proneness and his inability not to make at least one silly decision whilst on the pitch and you might be onto something. Always had a soft spot for Jones and think he has the tools the be a decent defender at a top club. He is just far to unreliable.

CallyRed

Players really do get better when they are not playing.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
[Fabrizio Romano] Phil Jones has told Manchester United that he wants to leave. He would make use of the clause in his contract that allows him to terminate his contract unilaterally at the end of each season. Yu-Gi-Oh!

Paul_Scholes18

Well feels ironic, but we have often played very good attacking football with him (not because him mostly, but still). Under LVG he started in our best 4 match run when we beat Spurs, Liverpool and City playing very good football. Under Mourinho he started the 2017/2018 season and we scored and kepts clean sheets for fun with him and Bailly. Also started in the run under Ole when we won many games and scored a lot.
He has been injured a lot, but when played regulary we have often done well. Then he has some terrible games too.
Was decent also for Moyes as a DM and for SAF as RB when we scored a lot, but don't think he got the legs for those roles anymore.

People underrate what he has done, but also not sure he got it in him anymore to find good form. His fitness is just a joke and I think he is slower now than before.
So we should have let him go. If he proves himself in training though and stay fit he could be good to have still.
Problem with Jones is that he is not the most clever defender. He needed his physical qualities to perform.
Just like Bailly and Rojo too I may add.

sillwuka

After the Spurs game I thought for a millisecond what could have been between Smalling and Jones.

Maybe in an alternate universe those 2 would have stepped up when Fergie left and led us to a few titles by now.

predator

Youth NITK
I just hope fans are allowed back at games soon so I can attend his testimonial next season.
Fantastic servant for the club and fantastic bloke. Oh and he's not half bad at footy either.

Paul_Scholes18

After the Spurs game I thought for a millisecond what could have been between Smalling and Jones.

Maybe in an alternate universe those 2 would have stepped up when Fergie left and led us to a few titles by now.
I think Jones could have been good under a more attacking manager. Since his passing is good and he can push forward well with the ball too.
Being more like a DM Playing as a defender or doing both roles a bit. I think SAF did see it in him, but he never played him enough in that role.
Mainly since we had Vidic, Ferdinand, Evans and Smalling too.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
It's a shame Jones has become a comedy figure over time, people forget he was actually an outstanding young player. He reached a higher level than any of our current CBs have so far

fecked by injuries unfortunately

White Fury

LMFAO ! Thanks for the laugh. I always wanted to see a 3 at the back defence of Bailly Jones Rojo vs a top 4 team or Barca/Real/Bayern just for the laughs. Wonder how many goals we'll concede and how many reds :lol:

Deery

Dreary
No he has/did always got a mistake in him which lead to a goal..

Leonzo1

Isn't it Axel's turn to be our best CB? Now that Bailly is injured I believe it's Axel's turn. Jones will be the best one when Tuanzebe gets injured, and after that it's Rojo's turn. I believe the cycle will start again around March, by which time Bailly will be our best CB.

Glorio

Isn't it Axel's turn to be our best CB? Now that Bailly is injured I believe it's Axel's turn. Jones will be the best one when Tuanzebe gets injured, and after that it's Rojo's turn. I believe the cycle will start again around March, by which time Bailly will be our best CB.
:lol: Bailly's turn didn't really last long did it?

In all seriousness, Jones has never looked a composed defender. It's always last gasp tackles at the last minute which unsettles the whole team. Maybe that may have come with experience, but injuries have robbed him of that, and currently, I for one think he's the worst of the lot.

Pav1878

Iirc, was Phil Jones taking corners at some point last season? Or did I have a horrible dream?

Paul_Scholes18

Iirc, was Phil Jones taking corners at some point last season? Or did I have a horrible dream?
He scored from a corner in the cup. Maybe he took one in training or something?
I have never had dreams about Phil Jones, but had one about Gareth Bale recently strangly enough.
They are both injured so maybe it count?

Pav1878

He scored from a corner in the cup. Maybe he took one in training or something?
I have never had dreams about Phil Jones, but had one about Gareth Bale recently strangly enough.
They are both injured so maybe it count?
:lol: What was your dream with Gareth about?

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I know this is a huge joke but in terms of ability, he is the best centre back at the club. When he’s been fully fit, which let’s face it is beyond rare, and had a run, he’s shown his quality. He would’ve been absolutely fantastic for us if he wasn’t a crock. His injuries completely ruined his career and the fact he’s currently still on a long term contract is farcical.

Unlike others, I don’t talk bad of him because he’s always given 100% and he had the potential to be an amazing player. I simply pity him for his injury record and pity us fans that we have club management that keeps giving him new contracts.

Tel074

Do you not get any attention at home ? Take up a hobby I suggest