Phil Jones Future | Reports: Observing United academy sessions

Josep Dowling

Keeping his value his fans said. Dont know what value though, he barely has any these days.
There isn’t a single club who will buy him because of his salary. He isn’t good enough for the top 10 clubs and too expensive for a bottom 10 club to sign.

So basically he will stay with us until his contract has wound down which is in 4 years time. These decisions are holding us back as a club. That comes down to Matt Judge and Ed Woodward.

When Jones plays he now costs us the game 50% of the time. When he gave that penalty away in the FA cup final that should have been his last game for the club.

umairmufc

This guy belong to championship.
Woodward should just be sacked for offering him his current contract.

Based Adnan

He is an absolute joke. No idea how he's still at the club approaching testimonial levels of tenure. Should be slung out at the earliest opportunity. Never been good enough.

Foul or not (most likely not), hes a 10 year PL veteran getting pushed off the ball like an academy player in his first game. Pathetic player.

In Rainbows

Jesus christ. Woodward is awful.
Glad I was on the right side of history. It was obvious that his salary is too much for any sale of him to be worthwhile. The shedding of his salary being replaced by Tuanzebe made so much sense.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
What is there to say about Phil Jones that hasn't been said hundreds of times already? If you play him this is exactly what you should expect to happen. At no point has he done anything to suggest he's better than this.

LoneStar

Unfortunately, it seems that we as a club love rewarding mediocrity. I mean, calling Lingard mediocre is overrating him if anything, but still.
You are right, there is no logic in anything we are doing now. I will not be surprised by anything we do anymore.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Missed the first goal. Was Jones at fault?
Yes, there's a videoclip on the mange page to watch. It wasn't a foul for me, that pussy just cannot do fecking shit properly anymore. His apparent physicality was his biggest forte, cannot do even that now.

arthurka

Let's spin this around and Rashford pushes Jagielka like that the ref gives it every single time. But Jones started this game and that in it self is a clear indication that we didn't want to win this. Jones does something like this every time he plays

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Yes, there's a videoclip on the mange page to watch. It wasn't a foul for me, that pussy just cannot do fecking shit properly anymore. His apparent physicality was his biggest forte, cannot do even that now.
Thanks, I'll look for it (or maybe not)
Jones shouldn't play end off.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Big mistake from Ole to even start him which cost him that first goal. Jones should have never been an option to play, just stay away from PL and stick him in Europa league group stage.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
The new contract for Jones will never be explainable. We will never get rid of him. Literally a wage sink.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He's officially bigger than the club and manager, board, Ed and owners can't find a way to let him go.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Was gonna say, surely bundling someone over from behind is a foul these days!
It wasn't from behind. The attacker managed to get in line with Jones and then barged into him when it was shoulder to shoulder. At the time I was ok with it being allowed, although the knowledge that it would be called a foul at least 9 times out of 10 is starting to annoy me.

Denis' cuff

This guy is an absolute disaster. Averaged around 20 games per season over nearly 10 years. Half of those have resulted in him giving goals away, getting injured or even injuring a team mate. Incredibly, he’ll soon be entitled to a testimonial after 10 years at the club, who have made him a millionaire.

Farcical

Denis' cuff

This guy is an absolute disaster. Averaged around 20 games per season over nearly 10 years. Half of those have resulted in him giving goals away, getting injured or even injuring a team mate. Incredibly, he’ll soon be entitled to a testimonial after 10 years at the club, who have made him a millionaire.

The guy is a figure of comedy... trouble is, he is part of the team and costing us in so many ways.

Farcical

bushyzor

Clear foul.
He shouldn’t have put himself in the position to get fouled (or not) in the first place. He has done this so many times over the years. Tries to be clever and just makes a fool of himself (and our team). Can’t stand Calamity Jones.

dev1l

He shouldn’t have put himself in the position to get fouled (or not) in the first place. He has done this so many times over the years. Tries to be clever and just makes a fool of himself (and our team). Can’t stand Calamity Jones.
That s true.

MoskvaRed

Foul or no foul, he should have booted the ball into the stands before then. Safety first but then he doesn’t know his limitations.

It’s now more of a mystery than Anderson how this walking disaster has spent so long at the club. It was clear at least 4 years ago that he was not going to become the player we thought we would when we signed him from Blackburn.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It wasn't from behind. The attacker managed to get in line with Jones and then barged into him when it was shoulder to shoulder. At the time I was ok with it being allowed, although the knowledge that it would be called a foul at least 9 times out of 10 is starting to annoy me.
It reminded me of when Vardy absolutely annihilated Rafael off the ball. That was a foul too.
At least this guy didn't not get touched and fall over.