Phil Jones Future | Reports: Observing United academy sessions

fergiesarmy1

Not a foul for me but should have been cleared to touch before there was contact especially if you turn like a barge.

Brophs

The One and Only
I reckon he got the same photoshoppers who did the Prince Andrew pic to do one of Woodward going to town on an actual dog. It’s the only reasonable explanation.

jackal&hyde

Will be gone in the summer along with Young and Matic. Crazy from Ed to offer that contract.

Red00012

Will be gone in the summer along with Young and Matic. Crazy from Ed to offer that contract.
More difficult than you’d Imagine.
One of the stories last summer that Ole wanted to get rid 1 of Jones , Rojo and Smalling. Everton wouldn’t pay the fee for Rojo , and nobody wanted Jones.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Not a foul for me but should have been cleared to touch before there was contact especially if you turn like a barge.
Yes, absolutely and that's what really makes me even more perplexed after today, he always tends to clear the ball even if situation isn't half as serious.

always_hoping

Awful on that opening goal. Clear the fcuking ball and ask questions later. Wasn't a foul and for a big lad like him to get out muscled was embarrassing.

Along with Young and Matic he needs to be shipped out of this club in January.

Alabaster Codify7

Actually think this might be the final straw for Jones. I don't see him recovering from that 45mins, embarrassing for him and I don't see Ole playing him anymore. He'll be gone next summer, 3yrs or so too late. We'll be lucky to get £10m for him to be honest.

fallengt

A real con art if I ever seen one.
Loaning Smalling and keeping Phil Jones is a stroke of genius. Whoever was behind this decision should get a pay raise.

Suedesi

I said then and I'll say the same now. This is good business. He is 27, has good experience, and is a solid backup CD (and I think accepts this position) that most top teams would like to have.
How is this good business? Good business would be to cancel his contract and part ways once and for all

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

Keep on rewarding mediocrity. Step 1 some form of intelligence please....

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
I absolutely hate Woodward, but Woodward didn't start Jones today. Ole shit his pants with that initial lineup. What the feck was Jones doing in the starting lineup? We have Tuanzebe, and when he is fit there is no reason to ever start Jones, ever.

peridigm

I absolutely hate Woodward, but Woodward didn't start Jones today. Ole shit his pants with that initial lineup. What the feck was Jones doing in the starting lineup? We have Tuanzebe, and when he is fit there is no reason to ever start Jones, ever.
As shit as Matic is, he'd have been a better choice in MF with a 433 or a 4231 than Phil Jones in whatever formation we played today. I hope he never plays another minute for us.

Godfather

With every game he plays he proves that Ole sent the wrong one out on loan. So stupid in so costly situations. Just clear the ball ffs.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
As shit as Matic is, he'd have been a better choice in MF with a 433 or a 4231 than Phil Jones in whatever formation we played today. I hope he never plays another minute for us.
Amen, brother.

RonaldoVII

Tuanzebe can't have been fully fit.

Champagne Football

Napoli beat Liverpool, who is 9 pts clear at top. And Roma is above Napoli.
True. A better way to get my point across would be that Smalling is a very good defender. He's not the first player who struggled at Utd but starred elsewhere. Danny Drinkwater, Phil Neville, Johnny Evans etc are other examples.
I'm happy he's doing well elsewhere, but he had 6 years in the first XI and he underwhelmed probably 80% of the time, so I don't buy into the argument that we should not have loaned him.

jackal&hyde

I don't think he was fit for the full game. Rojo and Tuanzebe are ahead of him imo.

manc4red

The lads just awful. Unfortunately i think a combination of injuries and our manager musical chairs are to blame here

fergie once said he couldve been our best player...
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.mir...ws/sir-alex-fergusons-phil-jones-20952197.amp

now when i see him play i just laugh to see when he would feck up next.But when he does its actually sadness i feel. Sad that hes going to ride out his contract withus for 4 more years

Suedesi

Phil Jones is such a bitch ass player. On top of atrocious lack of coordination (Exhibit 1) he throws himself to the ground like a sack of shit at the slightest sign of contact. Has been getting away for ages.

Needs to go back to basics - speed ladder drills, squats, deadlifts. feck me, what an athlete

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Wasn't actually that bad individually yesterday, it's just obvious injuries totally reduced his potential.

Mad decision to whack him on such a long contract to "protect his value", but I guess the board simply see it as banking an English player and saving money.

R'hllor

Because we're better than to boo our own players if they are just playing badly.
We`re better than to boo our own, yea right, thats why OT crowd done most cnutish thing ever to Fellaini by mocking his every move in a game vs Valencia in a freaking friendly game.