Phil Jones | released summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
The Pot Noodle comment feels clearly to me he's calling them lazy... why the Pepsi is flat and they're in their boxers, its saying they're being lazy and throwing lazy criticisms his way.

It's nothing to do with being poor.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
If I'd ever be in trouble for something I'd want you to be my lawyer.

I'm sure the flat Pepsi is also because they sre so busy with online activities that they forget to close the Pepsi bottle and it turns flat.

They are so busy with online activities that they forgot to work hence why they cant afford to move out and they have to live in their mums basement. Smart guy that Jones.
:lol: thanks for the compliment, I think. You've done well to grasp my line of reasoning and are absolutely correct that the diet Pepsi is flat because they're too busy online.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
You lot are insufferable. Ever wonder why he feels like he needs to speak out? Because of comments from keyboard warriors saying he was stealing a living when he was out injured and other crass comments. Grow up lads.

Oh btw where did he mention anything about unemployment? I must have missed that giant assumption

golden_blunder

Staff
The Pot Noodle comment feels clearly to me he's calling them lazy... why the Pepsi is flat and they're in their boxers, its saying they're being lazy and throwing lazy criticisms his way.

Exactly and the numpties falling over their pit noodles etc here are showing themselves up

mu4c_20le

Not really. Just makes him come across as affected. Best response was no response.
He's ignored them for over three years. He ignored them when he got heckled in front of his family. Rio's comments were the last straw because they were irresponsible and stirred up a hornet's nest both in the media and on social media. Even a few here blindly believed them for some reason.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
You lot are insufferable. Ever wonder why he feels like he needs to speak out? Because of comments from keyboard warriors saying he was stealing a living when he was out injured and other crass comments. Grow up lads.

Oh btw where did he mention anything about unemployment? I must have missed that giant assumption
I think it might be a bit more nuanced than that but still poor.

He was injured all the time long before he signed that contract, and even when fit one might argue he was stealing a living, as he was nowhere near good enough for that level and previous contract.

To then get offered a contract not based on sportive merit, and him going from mostly injured to injures for the entire contract is frustrating. But I think that should be directed to the board stupid enough to give him a contract and never him.

Him not wanting to play (somewhere else) or hand his shirt number to someone else is annoying at worst, no crime. The club could have just taken it off him tbh, but United is too classy for that I think (didnt they take Martial's number or was he asked? Or rather that Jones was already handed #4 for this season).

golden_blunder

Staff
"Hey Phil what do you think about blocking youngsters coming through, not letting Varane have the number 4 and earning 5 million over the past couple of years doing nothing?"

"Well obviously I''m rich and will enjoy retirement so I hope it pisses off people on the internet. "

Idiot should just stick to focusing on football.
That’s how you interpret it which says more about you than him

Ixion

Well he shouldn't read United forums then. We have given him MILLIONS for doing nothing and he shits on United fans upset with it.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
feck sake now I want a pot noodle.

Wish he’d get over his injuries as he’s a good player when fit.

goptun

It's obvious why Phil Jones is a target. This is the highest echelon of the entertainment industry; unfortunately there are pariahs and there are demigods whether it be sport, reality TV, social media etc. Phil Jones happens to play for the biggest club in the country (and is therefore paid loads and is under significant scrutiny), has an unfortunately memeable face and style of play, and has gone missing for the past 3 years despite having a really big profile and name. As others have said and Rio mentioned, no one outside of the club knows what the feck has been going on with him. The fact we're only just learning (through Rio's podcast) that he's trained with Bruno for the first ever time is barmy. I just think the strategy of keeping him out the limelight and not addressing the situation to avoid giving it attention was idiotic at best. I feel sorry for Phil Jones, his career has gone massively wayward and he doesn't deserve to get accosted in the streets while out with his children - that's fecking awful. Feel like it could have been handled better by all involved, though.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Well it's really stupid for him to talk about people eating cheap meals. As I said a lot of people eat pot noodles because it's cheap and his comments are awful. He is in his own world. Absolute cnut
You got a load of money in pot noodle shares or something?

golden_blunder

Staff
I think it might be a bit more nuanced than that but still poor.

He was injured all the time long before he signed that contract, and even when fit one might argue he was stealing a living, as he was nowhere near good enough for that level and previous contract.

To then get offered a contract not based on sportive merit, and him going from mostly injured to injures for the entire contract is frustrating. But I think that should be directed to the board stupid enough to give him a contract and never him.

Him not wanting to play (somewhere else) or hand his shirt number to someone else is annoying at worst, no crime. The club could have just taken it off him tbh, but United is too classy for that I think (didnt they take Martial's number or was he asked? Or rather that Jones was already handed #4 for this season).
The number thing is just utter nonsense, it means nothing. Varane clearly couldn’t care less, a whole lot of nothing. That sums it up for me, a portion of United fans love a whole lot of nothing and love to get drama out off it. Are your lives that boring?

RUCK4444

Seriously though, What do you think he’s implying by living in your mums basement eating pot noodles? He’s basically calling anybody who criticising him a dole bum… I think that’s pretty fair assessment of it.

I think some are going out of their way here to play down those quotes and what he’s implying.

Of course keyboard warriors are scum but they come in all shapes and sizes in every walk of life. Generalising them as the unemployed, living with their parents and living off flat Pepsi and pot noodles is out of order when there are so many feeling the effects unemployment and general hard times.

Ixion

You have people who have to work through awful illnesses and struggle to pay the bills and this guy has a few football injuries and comes out in a national newspaper about how much money he has and how comfortable he'll be able to live.

I'm sorry why am I supposed to feel sorry for that?

golden_blunder

Staff
Seriously though, What do you think he’s implying by living in your mums basement eating pot noodles? He’s basically calling anybody who criticising him a dole bum… I think that’s pretty fair assessment of it.

I think some are going out of their way here to play down those quotes and what he’s implying.

Of course keyboard warriors are scum but they come in all shapes and sizes in every walk of life. Generalising them as the unemployed, living with their parents and living off flat Pepsi and pot noodles is out of order when there are so many feeling the effects unemployment and general hard times.
He’s not, that’s how you read it.
I used to come home from work and laze out in front of the computer with pot noodle and other junk. The only difference being I didn’t feel the need to shout at injured footballers.
it’s really what you guys are reading into it

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
The number thing is just utter nonsense, it means nothing. Varane clearly couldn’t care less, a whole lot of nothing. That sums it up for me, a portion of United fans love a whole lot of nothing and love to get drama out off it. Are your lives that boring?
If Jones didnt want to give it away, clearly it does mean something. But I dont think it is the biggest deal in the world, far from it, but good to know you must live such an exciting life above drama.

MattyLT

Not really. Just makes him come across as affected. Best response was no response.
Well, congratulations to all involved on affecting him then. It's probably a huge positive for the club having "fans" and former players affecting players. Nah, he took one for some others, like Lindgard. Good on him.

golden_blunder

Staff
You have people who have to work through awful illnesses and struggle to pay the bills and this guy has a few football injuries and comes out in a national newspaper about how much money he has and how comfortable he'll be able to live.

I work through heart disease etc snd lost my job a month ago. Am I offended? No. I don’t think he says anything offensive. It’s how you read it

Jericho

Why does he need to bring up what they eat? He's basically saying they are too poor to afford a decent meal and are resorting to pot noodles. Which sadly a lot of people need to do right now.

Absolute cnut
I don’t think he means poor people, he means losers who sit in their bedroom all day on their computer and only come out long enough to put some hot water into a pot noodle and then bring it back to the bedroom.

He’s not talking about me though, I don’t eat Pot noodle, I eat Lidl’s own brand.

GuyfromAustria

It's baffling that he's not even 30 yet.

Also you lot really need to calm down, regarding every single topic.

golden_blunder

Staff
If Jones didnt want to give it away, clearly it does mean something. But I dont think it is the biggest deal in the world, far from it, but good to know you must live such an exciting life above drama.
Where does someone from United confirm he doesn’t want to give it away? Nowhere. Paper speculation that you all choose to believe. Like I said, drama out of nothing

Ixion

I work through heart disease etc snd lost my job a month ago. Am I offended? No. I don’t think he says anything offensive. It’s how you read it
It is not how I read it. He literally talks about his money compared to the money of "people living in their mum's basements". He is the one drawing the comparison between his wealth and the wealth of fans.

golden_blunder

Staff
I don’t think he means poor people, he means losers who sit in their bedroom all day on their computer and only come out long enough to put some hot water into a pot noodle and then bring it back to the bedroom.

He’s not talking about me though, I don’t eat Pot noodle, I eat Lidl’s own brand.
Ohh me too. Oh no actually it’s Aldi but still, cheers cheap pot noodle fan!

golden_blunder

Staff
It is not how I read it. He literally talks about his money compared to the money of "people living in their mum's basements". He is the one drawing the comparison between his wealth and the wealth of fans.
Post the entire statement

I can't imagine the club new much about this interview. Surely the PR people would have advised him otherwise?

Footballers are in a bubble, his comments are naive and show he has little to no perspective on real life.

The best thing Jones could do is learn to laugh at himself and when people troll him online he should just laugh along with it. It's the only way to neutralise trolls, talking in the press about how the trolls get under his skin just encourages them more.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

These people can't even afford clothes AN, or bubbles for their soft drinks for that matter.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Where does someone from United confirm he doesn’t want to give it away? Nowhere. Paper speculation that you all choose to believe. Like I said, drama out of nothing
You really like terms ; you (all). I made a conditional statement? I have no idea if it was true, the drama wasn't enough for me either to read up on all the news either.

golden_blunder

Staff
Well he shouldn't read United forums then. We have given him MILLIONS for doing nothing and he shits on United fans upset with it.
You’ve given him nothing. Keep your pants on.

if you want to shout at someone go shout at whoever works on the contracts

I don't like him partly because I've heard and read he's an entitled prick before now. Those comments reinforce that.

Status
Not open for further replies.