Phil Neville | Portland Timbers head coach | In sexist row

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
He cops some unfair stick does Phil. I think he is doing a great job as coach of the women's national team and think he will start getting some offers after this tournament that he will have to think about.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Go on P Nev, make Nev Nev proud.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He cops some unfair stick does Phil. I think he is doing a great job as coach of the women's national team and think he will start getting some offers after this tournament that he will have to think about.
Yeah, I'm not a fan of the stick he gets.

Sure, he wasn't the best player, but he always comes across as a very nice guy and is United through and through.

Thunderhead

Supports
City

Sure, he wasn't the best player, but he always comes across as a very nice guy and is United through and through.
Yeah he's a nice guy, comes across very well, was a decent player too and I think still gets stick like Gary as people don't realise how good he actually was

quackattack

Yeah he's a nice guy, comes across very well, was a decent player too and I think still gets stick like Gary as people don't realise how good he actually was
I always thought he was underrated, I especially saw it during his Everton stay where he had some, in my opinion great games as a midtfielder. But then again, it may be that he was just very good/a lot better than the standard of the Everton players at the time.

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
Great player in matches he wasn't expected to perform.
It also looked like he had one foot on a ball and chain though. One-sided

Thunderhead

Supports
City
I always thought he was underrated, I especially saw it during his Everton stay where he had some, in my opinion great games as a midtfielder. But then again, it may be that he was just very good/a lot better than the standard of the Everton players at the time.

Totally, he was a full back or midfielder for a top ten outfit throughout his whole career, not many players can say that, underrated by most fans who know jack shit.

Though I'm not sure he's a decent manager, hard to tell as the women's game is a different game ask together, but he's a decent bloke so I'll wish him well

quackattack

Totally, he was a full back or midfielder for a top ten outfit throughout his whole career, not many players can say that, underrated by most fans who know jack shit.

Though I'm not sure he's a decent manager, hard to tell as the women's game is a different game ask together, but he's a decent bloke so I'll wish him well
Yeah. I think he did a good thing for his own career, managing a womens side. Not underestimating the effort in such a job, but there is no denying that there is a lot less pressure and there is not a lot to lose if you don't succeed at that job. Compare that to straight up managing a top 6 team, or even a PL team right after you finish your playing career. As an additional plus it can benefit womens football as well as he brings a lot of his own coaching and playing knowledge.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
I was a bit young to see Phil Neville at Utd. I mostly remember him from when he was at Everton. There, he was a very mentally strong, consistent leader for them.

Phil's a great guy, couldn't be happier for what he's achieving with the women's game.

Bojan11

Miracle worker. Next United manager?
Miracle worker?

They made the semis last time and England have one of the best teams. The big test is the next match and I hope Neville does it. Then maybe the whole country will stop giving him stick for Euro 2000.

Revaulx

I was rather a part time supporter at the time thanks to family problems, but remember thinking Veron had his best run of games for us when injuries forced him into a midfield two of him and Phil. The pair seemed to bring the best out of each other and I was really surprised when the former was sold soon after.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers

He was always a very honest player who was aware of his limitations and worked hard to become successful.
I have to admit that of the two, I always thought that it would be Gary who would become a good manager and maybe he still will.

Anyway. It is very refreshing to see a group of ex England players doing well in management.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Miracle worker?

They made the semis last time and England have one of the best teams. The big test is the next match and I hope Neville does it. Then maybe the whole country will stop giving him stick for Euro 2000.
They're playing with an identity, belief and swagger that previously hasn't been there. That's all thanks to Phil.

iHicksy

Phil was considered the far more talented of the Neville brothers. If anything, his ability to play anywhere in midfield or as a full back worked against him. He was the ultimate utility player and we only let him leave because he wanted to be a starter every game and Sir Alex never stood in the way of a player's wishes if they wanted to leave.

dogwithabone

Really can’t get excited about this women’s WC.

Nothing sexist about it but just doesn’t interest me and couldn’t really be bothered if England win it or go out in next round.

Foxbatt

Phil was considered the far more talented of the Neville brothers. If anything, his ability to play anywhere in midfield or as a full back worked against him. He was the ultimate utility player and we only let him leave because he wanted to be a starter every game and Sir Alex never stood in the way of a player's wishes if they wanted to leave.
Yes he is more talented and if he had not turned pro with United he was good enough to play for Lancashire and probably was good enough to play for England in cricket too. He captained the U15 England side and played with Flintoff in the Lancashire U19 and was supposed to be better than Flintoff when he played for the U19.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
In his post match interview for England's 3-2 win in Czech Republic, he just said that he's always "believed that winning games is the most important thing in football"

He's a real student of the game is our Phil.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout

All the Nevilles are now dead to me.
We need to accept where we are i.e. nowhere near the top table and heading further away, for the goodness of our health and sanity Phil, but the idea that fans and some former players are wrong to voice their displeasure at the thought of United going down the fecking pan is ludicrous

Ban

When I try to expand a quoted tweet the whole tweet opens up in Twitter and I don't want that.

renandstimpyfan83

Supports
Real Oviedo/England
Fraud is an overused word in football but Phil Neville really is a total and utter fraud.