Phil Thompson says Reds fans want to see their side win the title by right this season

fish

I wish my dad hadn't left me, but we dont always get what we want you big nosed bell

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I don't understand the argument that you have to give liverpool the title even if the season is voided. By all means try and finish the season if you can within time. Or decide it as it is now. However you can't void the season and still give a team a title.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Either way it’s going to be a wet flannel and that gives me a little joy in my heart

iHicksy

I love how at the end of half the questions "...yes. But the season is going to continue" "Second option is to finish behind closed doors" "I'm glad this is not the case and we will get the chance to finish the season".

Such a deluded and bitter old fool. Football isn't important, people are dying. Just because the premier league have put plans in place in a best case scenario doesn't mean it's going to happen you silly old twat. They have to do so just in case a miracle happens and we come out of quarantine. Football isn't an essential service, or service of any kind. Does he think players and staff with families are going to put their lives and their loved ones lives at risk. Even after the isolation is lifted, it will only be in part. The government sure as hell aren't going to allow a stadium full of staff, players, groundsmen, minimal security, health and safety, cleaners etc (e.g around 200 people) to be in close proximity right away. It sets a precedent that everywhere should be open if that's the case. Gyms, cinema, parks etc.

Dante

Average bang
Liverpool deserve to be crowned the Team of the Season, or Most Valuable Team, or Provisional Champions, or Presumptive Champions, or Provisional Winners.

Pick your favourite.

But without completing a league campaign, that cannot claim to be league champions. That's basic science.

20-18

The best thing about all this is that even if Liverpool do win the title this year, the most excitement and fanfare they will get from it will be updating the Wikipedia page.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He's speaking in a very matter-of-fact manner about the season continuing, as if it's an absolute certainty, when it really isn't.

It's looking less likely by the day, and in the grand scheme of things, the conclusion of sporting competitions are not really that important.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Thompson in "award it to Liverpool whatever happens" shocker.

Oh the fans want to see it to.

You don't freakin say mate.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Honestly stop giving these desperate old men attention, at a time like this it's embarrassing. People are dying.
We can care about more things than this. The wast majority of people can take no active part in combating the virus other than being attentive to their surroundings. The medis is already PACKED with information and news about the diseases progress. There is enough room for other topics.

Art Vandelay

I don't understand the argument that you have to give liverpool the title even if the season is voided. By all means try and finish the season if you can within time. Or decide it as it is now. However you can't void the season and still give a team a title.
It's not a logical argument unless you have a vested interest in seeing that team awarded the title. There's just no way you can do it. You'd then have to award european places and promotion/relegation because none of them were mathematically sealed either and how do you do that? You can't just assume Liverpool wouldn't slip up, because slip ups can happen.

204Red

Proper thing to do is cancel the season across Europe and begin play in 2020-21 as if 2019-20 never happened. No titles, no promotion or relegation and the same teams in Europa / CL and start it all over again.

That is if CV19 is under control and people are allowed to gather / a vaccine has been found. If not then no football in 2020-21 either.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's like they're systemically wheeling out all the Scouse mafia to keep applying pressure on the powers that be.

But no amount of these little interviews is going to make this world emergency pass any quicker.

Art Vandelay

It's like they're systemically wheeling out all the Scouse mafia to keep applying pressure on the powers that be.

But no amount of these little interviews is going to make this world emergency pass any quicker.
I think they are just trying to get them triggered in an interview because it gets loads of hits when people laugh at them. Like that podcast guy on Sky Sports News.

Hoof the ball

The amount of ex-Liverpool players that are on BT and Sky is insane. Not only that, but they're allowed to do commentary on all their own games. Shocking amount of pro-Liverpool bias in the media.

Bwuk

Hope the season is voided purely for the utter meltdown it'll cause Liverpools fanbase.

Skills

Snitch
Ultimately, if this thing continues onto a point where it will impact next season's schedule - they'll abandon it.

There's more games to be played next year, the sponsors, TV companies and clubs will decide the 9 games left of this season aren't worth jeopardising a fresh 38 game season.

always_hoping

A reminder to Tomo and any other Liverpool head

Social distancing is so important. Stay at home and wash your hands.

Inter Yer Nan

The fan bases, owners, players of 19 other PL team (and every other team in football really) really don't give a shit. This thing is bigger than football. With Euro 2021 next summer already confirmed and the players needing a pre-season plus the fact a full season next season is far more valuable than the last few games they really ought to cancel this season and if that means voiding it and making it vacant so be it. It's more important that those clowns getting a title.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
The fan bases, owners, players of 19 other PL team (and every other team in football really) really don't give a shit.
Bullshit. Sheffield Utd care, Wolves care, the teams in the relegation zone, Leeds, West Brom, they all care. Hell we even had a Palace fan on here who wanted to finish the season because they could be having their best ever PL season to date.

It's in everyone's best interest to finish the season. If it's not practically possible anymore, it just won't happen and so be it. But the push to get it finished has feck all to do with Liverpool currently being on top.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
He's speaking in a very matter-of-fact manner about the season continuing, as if it's an absolute certainty, when it really isn't.

It's looking less likely by the day, and in the grand scheme of things, the conclusion of sporting competitions are not really that important.
I agree with you.
All he wants is the fecking PL Trophy at all costs.
The virus does not figure for people like him!

The amount of ex-Liverpool players that are on BT and Sky is insane. Not only that, but they're allowed to do commentary on all their own games. Shocking amount of pro-Liverpool bias in the media.
Unbelievable and makes you want to vomit!
..............and Michael Owen !! OMG !

I love his impartiality there. You could never tell he was a Scouser. :wenger:
he must be a United fan and hates the scousers!! :D