Philippe Coutinho

Josh 76

Just can't see it happening. Pep maybe thinking he would be the perfect replacement for David Silva though.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Seems like whomever out of him and Dembele isn't playing is automatically up for sale

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Suspect this is BS coming from Coutinho’s agency to provide some sort of threat to Barcelona.

Valley Blue

Supports
Manchester City
Lovely player, wouldn’t mind him as a Silva replacement, would be a great signing for Utd, you haven’t got that type of player in your squad.

red thru&thru

No evidence at all to claim we are interested. Marca claim Coutinho has hit rock bottom and Barca might sell him so they don’t have to pay for any further performance/appearance related bonuses to lfc.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Lovely player, wouldn’t mind him as a Silva replacement, would be a great signing for Utd, you haven’t got that type of player in your squad.
Not sure where he fits in here though if we keep Pogba. Both play in the same role unless we go with a diamond.

Skills

Snitch
Liverpool should do whatever they can to get him back. He'd fit in seamlessly and is just what they need to take their midfield up to the next level.

Keita, Coutinho & Fabinho is a brilliant midfield.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Pretty sure that Pep won't be interested in him, he lacks off the ball intelligence and positional awareness. Plus he shoots too often. He failed to replace Iniesta, I don't see how he suddenly will replace Silva.

A move back to Liverpool is an interesting option, although he would probably feck up the defensive balance that they've acquired this year.

De Portago

Supports
Red Star
The main reason why Coutinho is out of the XI at the moment is that Valverde just refuses to deploy him in central midfield. Guardiola might just make it work, but it seems to me that it's to an extent true that he just isn't a CM.

Trizy

Liverpool should do whatever they can to get him back. He'd fit in seamlessly and is just what they need to take their midfield up to the next level.

Except 2 of those 3 have been very underwhelming since arriving?

Skills

Snitch
Fabinho has been looking like a good player for a while now, after a difficult start.

Keita is still getting his shit together, but they have Wijnaldum too who's been great for them for a few seasons now.

arthurka

Right back and a center back are on the list. Right winger to. Buying him isnt really needed.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa

Nah Brazil tried playing him in a middle 3 and it simply didn't work.

And I've just had an afternoon of reading post after post on the match thread slagging off the Liverpool midfield and specifically Keita. :lol:

Josh 76

There is no way Barcalona will do business with Liverpool after their current history.
And Liverpool will no way pay want Barcalona will ask for him.
So forget it!
Unless Salah and VVD are part of the deal.

redshaw

Might be a good option if Pogba left but I'm not convinced he's going just yet.

The £140 million was Neymar money sloshing around and Liverpool have probably spent that, wisely even. Would need to be cut price for anyone.

Also Barca are probably in a phase of swapping managers around so I don't think it's over for him and an injury to someone else could really get him back in the side. The enthusiasm he had to move to Barca, he should really try to make it.

TrebleFan99

Not sure about RW but he would probably get in our side next to Lindelof.

Bojan11

Don’t see him leaving. Valverde will be gone if they don’t win the champions league regardless of what happens in the league. So can see Coutinho staying

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Would take him back, but even in big games under us he wouldn’t play in midfield. He’s not a David Silva type player, he can be devastating with the pace we have though from the left.

Coops73

Hahahahahaha, oops just gone done a wee wee.

Utter, utter bollocks

ravi2

Suspect this is BS coming from Coutinho’s agency to provide some sort of threat to Barcelona.
Unless neymar is going back this makes no sense. We are probably being used for some sort of contract negotiation again.

Mainoldo

I’m sure ‘if’ this did happen. 40% of that money would go to Liverpool. So I highly doubt it even if it was true.

AJ10

I do wonder why they paid (:lol:) so much for this guy who always seems to score only 1 type of goal and is good but not even worth anywhere near 60 mil let alone 100+ (didn't show anything to be worth that much at pool IMO)

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
2 out of 3? Fabinho has been looking really good recently, he just needed 2 or 3 months to get settled, and now he's looking like a classy player whenver I see him play, including today playing in defence. Time will tell with Keita, he needs to mature a heck of a lot though, but he's got the tools. I still think he'll be great in the PL some day!

As for Coutinho, he won't leave Barcelona now after making such a fuss and going to such lengths to get there - he ended up paying some of that huge fee himself to make the move happen. And stated then he wanted to go partly due to his family wanting to live in Spain where culturally it'd suit them more, so moving back to north West of England would seem strange!

Once Barcelona get a new coach, he'll probably settle back into the team a bit more.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Barca seems to be basically putting up for sale whoever is on the bench this week. Should we expect "Coutinho late for training" stories next week?

United Pro

Surely there's nothing in this rumour? Even if Barca were to sell (which I doubt), I'd strongly doubt Coutinho would choose us of all places? Also, Coutinho plays as a LW/LCM where our squad is stacked.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself

Personally, I thought Liverpool got better once he left. Gone was the 4-2-3-1 and in was the 4-3-3. Mind you, I'm not so convinced of this new formation they've been playing lately with Firminho in the #10 and Salah in the #9...

Andy_Cole

We don't have a spot for him.
This really. We’ve been doing it for years, buying anyone available rather than players we need. It would be stupid and show Ed Woodward’s lack of footballing knowledge if we got him.

Glow

He has som technical skills but lacks a lot of other qualities. Barca found out a bit late. Really hope he's not of interest to MU.