Pick three players from any squad to transform us into title contenders....

We need an rvn

As it says on the tin, you can pick three players from any team in the world to transform us from 3-4th place to title contenders.

I know we probably need 5 or 6 players (GK, RB, CB, CM, ST) but let's just stick to 3

My pick would be

1 - Haaland (sorts out of striker issue)
2 - Bellingham or Tchouameni (CDM)
3 - Ederson (GK)

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Karim Benzema
Marco Verratti
Alisson Becker

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
We do obviously need a striker but I can't think of a sure bet that's remotely available, and it's rather boring to go Mbappe, Haaland, Pedri, or something. I also don't know which GK would be up to the task and gettable.

He's not exactly available but I'd say Marquinhos at PSG who would ensure that it's two from Marquinhos, Varane, Martinez, so no calamity at the back and ETH can play his style without compromising due to inability of the playing staff.

I'd go for de Jong who will elevate the team and alow ETH to play his desired style (and ensure that it's one of him or Eriksen so we're not devoid of creativity and movement).

And the most realistic option here, Toney as someone who has pace and physicality and can score goals. Not the best striker out there, but we know there's a derth of them.

So this excercise made me realise I'd actually prefer another rock solid centre back than a new right back for instance because I think the drop in quality is so steep and it completely affects how we can play, coupled with Varane's fitness issues. I still think de Jong would be amazing again in an ETH system. And we obviously lack a focal point up front.

Maticmaker

I am beginning to worry the three we need haven't been born yet, certainly the DCM... seems like we've been looking for years, remember we were reportedly looking even before Carrick packed in!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
All the goalkeepers in the world and you pick Ederson???? Crazy. Looking at just this season:

1. Allison (GK)
  2. Lewandowski/Benzema (CF)
  3. Cancelo/Reece James (RB)
Not too difficult tbh. I really like Dalot, but it was essentially either upgrade there or on Eriksen as the deep playmaker with Frenkie and there's a bigger gap at RB for me where Cancelo is absolutely brilliant on the ball or Reece James as an all rounder. Allison is the best goalkeeper without a doubt for me. And then those 2 the best strikers without a doubt for me.

For 3 realistic signings that would also make us contenders, I'd say:
  • Maignan
  • Osimhen
  • Frenkie/Bennacer

Skills

Snitch
Mbappe
Verratti
Lewandowski

-----Mbappe ---- Lewandowski ---- Antony
------------------------Bruno
---------------Casemiro--Verratti
---Malacia--Martinez--Varane--Dalot
------------------------DDG

feck it. It's got to be the attack. I can't see how a front 4 containing Mbappe, Lewandowski & Bruno Fernandes doesn't score 2+ goals a game.

Last edited:

Son

1. Hakimi
2. De Jong
3. Vlahovic

Needs to be realistic this list. There basically aren’t too many signings that would make us a tonne better atm on the market.

Bellingham might be another shout but I dunno if he fits into our style of football. We definitely need a younger striker scoring goals though centrally!

Abraxas

For a striker I don't think there is any point thinking outside the box. Haaland is going to be a goalscoring machine for the next 10 years barring injuries.

I'd probably go De Jong over someone like Pedri as although the latter may have more potential or even be of a similar level, we know the manager desperately wants to work with the former. So it's a safe bet to punt him in there.

Ederson. I think he's the stand out ball playing keeper.

This was surprisingly easy. Theres probably loads of ways you could do it and create a first XI that has a title challenge in it, but this seemed fairly common sense in terms of getting 3 known weak areas sorted, 2 of the best players in the world and one we know the manager likes.

We need an rvn

1. Hakimi
2. De Jong
3. Vlahovic

Needs to be realistic this list. There basically aren’t too many signings that would make us a tonne better atm on the market.

Bellingham might be another shout but I dunno if he fits into our style of football. We definitely need a younger striker scoring goals though centrally!
The idea was select any three players, not that they are realistically available nor who we could afford

ie. What three players could help us win The league

Huddsred

Haaland, De Bruyne and James (who is wasted in a mediocre Chelsea side)

FriedClams

Trying to think of more viable targets rather than the obvious ones

1. Martinez from Aston villa for goalkeeper
2. Nkunko from RB leipzig for Striker
3. Kingsley Coman from Bayern for LW

FriedClams

As it says on the tin, you can pick three players from any team in the world to transform us from 3-4th place to title contenders.

I know we probably need 5 or 6 players (GK, RB, CB, CM, ST) but let's just stick to 3

My pick would be

3 - Ederson (GK)
casemiro is a better CDM than both of those

Waynne

----------------------- Haaland ---------------------------

--- Dembele ------------------------------ Antony ---

---------------------- Eriksen ----------------------------

------------- De Jong ---- Casemiro ----------------

--- Malacia -- Martinez -- Varane -- Dalot ---

-------------------------- De Gea ---------------------------

OptimisedRed

I don't even think we need three players. Haaland would be enough I reckon, but if I had to have another two players then KdB and Mbappe. We could win the league with Dave in net.

AshRK

In PL- Haaland KDB and Reece James
In world football- Haaland KDB and Hakimi

wr8_utd

:'(
If we want short-term fixes to win the league immediately, I'd go for the following:

Lewandowski - may not turn up vs some of the biggest guns at the CL but, well, who cares? We need someone to smash in the goals vs the shite in the league and to link up well with the wingers.
Neymar - massive improvement on the left wing and he brings in creativity, assists and a lot of goals from the wing, something that Sancho or Rashford won't really give us.
Pedri - was tempted to go for FDJ but Pedri really is on another level right now.

A backup CB would probably be more important but given this thread is all about fantasy, I'll just assume Varane survives the entire season.

mu4c_20le

We're the third best team in the league, so just take the best players away from the top 2 and we'll win it.

Haaland, KDB, Salah.

chay chay okocha

I think we would struggle to implement a high-press system / high-backline system with only 3 transfers (I generally think we lack too much athleticism and game intelligence across the squad), so we'd have to look at playing a more vertical style with better control in the midfield. The three players I think would improve us the most under those circumstances are:

1. Kimmich - mitigates 2 of our biggest weaknesses, top-class midfield control / game intelligence, and ruthless winning mentality. Probably my favourite player in the world
2. Haaland - self-explanatory. We lack goals and power across our front line, would probably do really well with a Bruno / Sancho type set-up behind him (though it might be said he would likely do well under any sort of set up).
3. Reece James - I don't think a Dalot / AWB right-back will ever be in contention for significant titles (I don't rate Dalot, which is a somewhat unpopular opinion on the Caf these days). Could make an argument for players like Hakimi / Cancelo, but given our overall weakness in athleticism and power, I think Reece James edges this a little.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
1. Haaland
2. Pedri
3. Reece James

De Gea
James Varane Martinez Malacia
Casemiro
Eriksen Pedri
Antony Haaland Sancho​

Isle

1. Mohamed Salah
2. Darwin Nunez
3. Virgil van Dijk

Also we would need a manager who knows how to manage these players Klopp will help. Probably will challenge for 1st Season EPL and UCL, with this team.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid

My pick would be

3 - Ederson (GK)
Bellingham is not a CDM.

Amethystxx

De Gea

Dalot
Martinez
Varane (Gvardiol)
Malacia

Casemiro
Bruno
Bellingham (Eriksen)