Pick three players from any squad to transform us into title contenders....

leon24

Haaland
De Bruyne
Van Dijk

more to weaken man C and Liverpool

Kramer

Fun thread. I will focus on 3 gettable players to take this from fantasy to reality.

1) De Jong
2) Oshimen
3) David Raya

Hope we can make it happen.

marx_2

Supports
NEC
that’s easy…
1. Thiago
2. Kevin Trapp
3. Darwin Nunez

didz

I thought from the title and first line of the thread that it was implied the 3 players had to come from the same squad.

So my first thought was De Jong, Lewandowski and Ter-Stegen off Barcelona. Or you could have Mbappe, Hakimi and Donnarumma from PSG.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Håland
Kimmich
Alisson

Håland is obvious, takes the best striker in the league from the best team.

We can't delude ourselves into believing in Dalot quite yet. But Kimmich covers both for dm position and rb so he gets my vote.

Alisson is an amazing keeper, and without him i'd hope to weaken Liverpool quite a bit. Don't rate Ederson as highly as Alisson, and think it would be easier to be a keeper for city than for Pool anyway.

Sancho - Håland - Antony
Bruno - Eriksen
Casemiro
Malacia- Martinez - Varane - Kimmich
Alisson

CantonaManc

See where they play, how they play, if they play..
Supports
ETH's tricky reds
Lautaro Martinez
Frenkie De Jong
Hakimi

Lautaro is world class and he will fit our system perfectly with Ten Hag, on the other hand he is a warrior who will give everything for the badge same as Martinez/Antony/Malacia.

De Jong world class player too which will be the final puzzle for our midfield.

And last but not least Hakimi will be enormously/mammoth upgrade on our RBs and he will have immediately impact on our team.

I hope next summer ETH sees the holes and bring in quality players which will help us fight for the title and start our new era with full power.

Give him 250m £ take this signings + 1 more world class goalkeeper like Robert Sanchez or Diogo Costa and we will be up there with 1 of the best teams in the League.

Sancho Lautaro Antony
Bruno
FDJ Casemiro
Malacia Martinez Varane Hakimi
Sanchez

Dannn411

1. Alisson
2. Tchouameni
3. De Jong.
Once we sort out midfield and GK properly, we will be contending regularly again. The midfield is the beating heart of every team and we have been playing with a defective heart for 10 years.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
The idea was select any three players, not that they are realistically available nor who we could afford

ie. What three players could help us win The league
Might as well just pick the 3 best players in the world then.

Zlatattack

From different teams;

Haaland, KDB, Ederson.

Allison, TAA, Salah.

Reece-James, Havertz, Sterling

Kane, Son, Bissouma

Spaghetti

Mom's
Haaland, Ederson, Rodri.

The idea is to win the league… Not only am I strengthening the United team, but I’m weakening the opponent. Take those 3 out of City and we’ve got a better chance anyway.

davidmichael

Reece James, Frenkie De Jong and Kylian Mbappe although I’d ideally like to replace De Gea too if I’m being greedy and went with four.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Haaland
Veratti
Allison

Lentwood

Going to have to be a Premier League/English bias here because I don't watch much European football...

1. Allisson Becker
2. Declan Rice
3. Erling Haaland

If I am am being (somewhat) realistic...

1. David Raya
2. Declan Rice OR Jude Bellingham
3. Benjamin Sesko (in 2/3 years)

Haaland, Lewandowski or Benzema up front
Allisson or Ter Stegen in goal
De Bruyne, Modric, or Pedri in midfield (extremely different players, but all capable of walking into this team and immediately elevating it)

I'd go with Haaland, Allison and De Bruyne just to take players off the best teams in the league while improving us.

OmarUnited4ever

Sancho Haaland Antony
Bruno
De Jong Casemiro
Malacia Martinez Varane Dalot
Ederson
I will switch Ederson with Ter Stegen as I think the German is the better stopper with an excellent ball playing ability for a GK, the other 2 are my choices too

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Frenkie de Jong breaks silence on decision to snub Man Utd transfer to stay at Barcelona
The Dutchman has finally revealed the reasoning behind his decision to remain at the Camp Nou despite relentless interest from Manchester United over the summer

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I guess this potential transfer is off. He must have lied to ETH who in turn must have assured Murtough of the strong possibility of bringing him over to Manchester. The ETH/FdJ relationship will be broken with this public announcement by FdJ.

AgentP

Haaland
Mbappe
KDB

If these three are fit for the whole season, I would give us a good shot of winning the title.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
Considering the squad now and if you immediately wanted to win the PL:
Pedri
Valverde
Mbappe

de Gea
Dalot — Varane — Martinez — Malacia
Valverde — Casemiro — Pedri
Antony — Mbappe — Sancho

Trex

Allison (all round best goalie in the EPL at least).
Kimmich (would mean Eriksen can have more freedom/ we could also rotate Bruno).
Kane (because his style of play would be perfect to link play up while getting the goals, he would have a Van Persie like impact on this team).

NoPace

Unrealistic:

Kimmich - Starts in midfield, and if Casemiro comes good we can play Bruno on the left, make him the best sub in the league (has the frantic enthusiasm that good subs often do) or if one of Dalot or Varane is out or resting you'd have Casemiro at CB above our options (filled in there for Madrid when needed) and Kimmich available to play RB. Basically John O'Shea if he was a top 10 player in the world.

Benzema - Think he'd fit the way Ten Hag wants to play or be his usual threat on the counter, so I went with him over Haaland as I'm not sure we make enough chances to break down teams, though with Kimmich and our next player we would

Vinicius - Starts on the left, Sancho can fight for a place with Antony and we'd have a sub who can come on and create against tired fullbacks or their replacements.

Realistic:

Maignan - Looks great whenever I watch them, good on the ball and even throws it out well. I think Tomori and Kalulu might be a little overrated and him underrated for winning the league. I tend to watch Tomori close out of natural England curiosity and the fact that I understand why Southgate hasn't put him in the starting lineup is saying something considering his mediocre competition. He might not push the move, but could Milan turn down 40M when they could probably buy a decent replacement for 15M and sign a proper RW (Messias and Saelemakers are backups for a team trying to win Serie A more than once and make the CL knockouts) with the 25M left?

David - Very good goalscoring rate for his age, good in link up play and works really hard. The risk is that he might be average against teams sitting deep, but we don't look anywhere near ready to peg teams back and I think he could be a Jesus type as he matures into his mid 20s and be really annoying to play against.

De Jong - because Ten Hag wants him and I love watching him and we'd have Eriksen and Bruno and him to play in 2 spots and consistent midfield play for the first time since Scholes, Carrick and Fletcher roamed the earth. I do think there's some risk with him in the Prem, though Moussa Dembele also held the ball a long time as a #8 and was pretty damn good.

Other candidates I'd be excited for are Araujo, who Xavi might eventually look to replace in the starting lineup with a better passer but would be fantastic in the Prem and as the long term replacement for Varane. Looks like Vidic with pace at his best. Vlahovic, would be unrealistic but maybe Juve will fall apart. Not inconceivable if Chiesa stays hurt and Locatelli keep struggling. If they miss the CL this year and next, would he look to leave or they look to sell him for 100M and rebuild their team with 3-4 new players?

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Another imaginative thread :rolleyes: