Pickford injury time save

James Peril

As the brilliant save was in vain, I really wish that shot came in. We haven’t really had an out of this world-goal in the WC so far... that would have been something

FattyFooty

He is, he gets questioned for it too. He referenced it in his interview after the game. Says he has the agility to compensate.
I didnt see the interview, He sure showed some agility. I havent seen enugh of him or a regular basis. He also seems very young for a goalie.

I havent seen to much of him i must admit, but doing good so far.

Classical Mechanic

I didnt see the interview, He sure showed some agility. I havent seen enugh of him or a regular basis. He also seems very young for a goalie.

I havent seen to much of him i must admit, but doing good so far.
That was easily his best high profile game. He's been criticised by England fans and the media before this. I'm still sceptical. He can look very scetchy at times, has very inconsistent distribution and does weird stuff like doing full dives for shots that are clearly going wide.

Jev

He must be really annoyed that Colombia scored right afterwards. If England had won 1-0, that save would have gone straight into English football lore.

izec

He must be really annoyed that Colombia scored right afterwards. If England had won 1-0, that save would have gone straight into English football lore.
He saved a very important pen, think that will live on for quite a while.

Tarrou

the pen save was right up there too, it's not often you see the keeper dive past it but manage to adjust and still make a save for a penalty

cyril C

Excellent save ruined by the next corner.
Did someone assigned Sterling to mark Mina? Or Sterling tried to cover for someone who forgot to mark Mina, the most dangerous player in the air?

DarkChildUTD

Who in the England team could have marked Mina at that corner? Colombia have got by mainly via set pieces and one could smell the goal coming.

TheRedHearted

Amazing save.

Why does he walk so funny? His ass and chest out.
Breathes into his lower back- try it and you’ll feel there’s a lot of tension and energy there. Also breathing into the chest is also a technique to get rid of fear and also tap into strength. Sort of unrelated but look at Anthony Martial and it’s sort of the opposite- his shoulders cave in. If he (and I hope when* he) fixes his posture you’ll see a different player. Anyone in life you notice with shoulders caved in it’ll be the same effect. It’s actually a defense mechanism and more so a state of fear.

BootsyCollins

Breathes into his lower back- try it and you’ll feel there’s a lot of tension and energy there. Also breathing into the chest is also a technique to get rid of fear and also tap into strength. Sort of unrelated but look at Anthony Martial and it’s sort of the opposite- his shoulders cave in. If he (and I hope when* he) fixes his posture you’ll see a different player. Anyone in life you notice with shoulders caved in it’ll be the same effect. It’s actually a defense mechanism and more so a state of fear.
Thanks for an actually good response.
Pickford must take it more to the extreme than others though, and i still thinks he looks funny:)

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak
I'm struggling to understand how the way he breathes could have given him such a massive arse. Maybe he has inflatable buttocks?
That's probably from training when you're on your toes and your knees are bent all the time. Sometimes your calf can shorten slightly which means your knees feel more comfortable slightly bent, which pushes your butt out. Plus you end up with a big butt from the explosive movent when diving. Or he's just a bit weird...

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
That's probably from training when you're on your toes and your knees are bent all the time. Sometimes your calf can shorten slightly which means your knees feel more comfortable slightly bent, which pushes your butt out. Plus you end up with a big butt from the explosive movent when diving. Or he's just a bit weird...
I think he’s just got big arse genetics. A lot of girls would love to be born with a tendency to carry that much junk in the trunk. Blokes, not so much.

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak
I think he’s just got big arse genetics. A lot of girls would love to be born with a tendency to carry that much junk in the trunk. Blokes, not so much.
I dunno, my ex-missus loved my muscly butt and thighs when I used to keep. Maybe that's why she's my ex now, because I lost the junk in the trunk... (the rear trunk, the junk in the front is still there...)

meamth

I'm always amazed how much concentration you need to be a top goalkeeper. With all that lights, supporters, spidercam, the hectic wide view.. I'm amazed how they are able to follow the ball and move.

I would be absolutely static and pissed myself.

FujiVice

It's quite a ridiculous safe. His reactions must have been incredible to get to that. Totally out of nowhere.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Big arse genetics are fantastic for men and women. Not only does it let you generate a lot of power but it's a sign of virility and good health.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
24 years old for a keeper, honestly think he could go on to be an England great, he isn’t that short it’s just his build he needs to work on without losing his agility. Wasted at Everton with their defence.

TheRedHearted

Thanks for an actually good response.
Pickford must take it more to the extreme than others though, and i still thinks he looks funny:)
Yes I noticed it, I think it could be due to nerves he sticks it out super far.
And yeah man no problem, notice how your posture changes throughout the day, whether it be shoulders bent over a desk or down looking at a cell phone, physiology is super important

Toad

Actually pretty good footwork as well. Would never have got to that it he didn’t take that one extra step back .

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
I took some liking to him. I don't know why, maybe because he seems first likeable England NT GK in ages or because he was ridiculed in some media before and in the early stages. For a GK, especially English one given your modern history with them, it takes some balls to stay calm and produced. Good for the lad.

Ah, and he's having a good WC, actually very good in the last 2 games.

lifted

He's having a great tournament, but his distribution is a bit weak.
He looks like he's kicking with his weaker foot even on his left - technique leaves lots to be desired. Although he did pick out a couple of nice long passes to the flank.

Acole9

Outstanding
Man of the match today, totally deserved that clean sheet. Three excellent saves, he's really grown in confidence since the penalty save.