Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang | Performances

lysglimt

Scout
Great goalscorer - lazy player. Was much more impressed with Lacazette yesterday who was Arsenals best player together with Ramsey.

montpelier

It made me laugh too. I think he's very good. Could be losing interest, he has a bit of previous isn't it?

Maybe we could do a swap for Lukaku.

haram

It made me laugh too. I think he's very good. Could be losing interest, he has a bit of previous isn't it?

Maybe we could do a swap for Lukaku.
People criticise Lukaku for his all round game but somehow want to swap for someone who contributes nothing outside of the box.

montpelier

People criticise Lukaku for his all round game but somehow want to swap for someone who contributes nothing outside of the box.
PEA has not done very much of that in the last few games, certainly.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Great goalscorer - lazy player. Was much more impressed with Lacazette yesterday who was Arsenals best player together with Ramsey.
Lacazette is Arsenal's best CF, been saying it for ages

Fair play Aubameyang has scored a lot of goals since he came to Arsenal but like a lot of great goal scorers he's a bit of a flat track bully who's a bit of a passenger in the big games

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Fair play Aubameyang has scored a lot of goals since he came to Arsenal but like a lot of great goal scorers he's a bit of a flat track bully who's a bit of a passenger in the big games
I thought that I was biased but I don't understand how Lacazette isn't starting every games. He is actually able to play football.

haram

I don't know how that is supposed to be an insult.

Vardy is brilliant.
Fitting how he is still at Leicester and actually turned down Arsenal as well. Vardy probably has more to his game than Aubameyang actually.

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/big_chance_missed

16 big chances missed. The most of any player in the league. Arsenal are a good side at home, they were scoring and creating chances without him last season as well.

Last edited:

TMDaines

Fun sponge.

You’re basically playing with 10 men unless he’s currently knocking the ball into the net. He has so little impact on the game otherwise. He does score a fair amount of goals, but modern football demands so much of teams at the elite level that managers would essentially want an outfield player in goal too, so you can’t support a poacher. There’s a reason why Auba is at Arsenal.

Lacazette impresses me though.

montpelier

See, I'd go the other way around on this.

Although I like Lacazette as well - fantastic for the touch & hit fox in the box stuff. PEA 'potentially' has far more of an all round game & he scores as well, :).

The attacking end isn't really where the Goons have a problem.

KennyBurner

Its always been the case. Its why there is more to football Than goal scoring STATS! Lukaku and aubameyang have been scoring loads of goals but the truth is they offer nothing to the game. Its why when they face decent opposition they look terrible.

But hey aubameyang scored against us? That is true but if he had anything other than tap ins in his locker arsenal might have actually scored a few more. He was so clumsy on the ball and failed at doing the simplest passes. Lacazette on the other hand is more technical but lacks the stamina to really influence games. I would hate to be an arsenal fan right now.

KennyBurner

See, I'd go the other way around on this.

Although I like Lacazette as well - fantastic for the touch & hit fox in the box stuff. PEA 'potentially' has far more of an all round game & he scores as well, :).

The attacking end isn't really where the Goons have a problem.
far more all round game and aubameyang in the same sentence? very interesting. Will just have to agree to disagree!

haram

Seems like no one wants to bring up the fact he just disappears against any decent side. Gabonese Agbonlahor.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I thought that I was biased but I don't understand how Lacazette isn't starting every games. He is actually able to play football.
If he had that little burst of pace he’d be phenomenal. Has the agility, tenacity, and ability to link play that you want in a centre forward. He’s just unfortunately a little too small and too slow.

Nick7

If he had that little burst of pace he’d be phenomenal. Has the agility, tenacity, and ability to link play that you want in a centre forward. He’s just unfortunately a little too small and too slow.
If he had Aubameyang's pace and height he would be a complete striker.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He scored against us?
And that tap in is all he did in the 90 minutes

He's a very good goal poacher but apart from that his game is severely lacking which is often highlighted against the best sides

izec

He isnt complete. Pace, sniffing in the box and running in behind the defence is good, but not everything. Once he loses some of his pace, he will be in China.

Trizy

He's a very good goal poacher but apart from that his game is severely lacking which is often highlighted against the best sides
Why, were people expecting him to change his style when he came to the PL? He's always been a poacher. Nothing new there.

JPRouve

Scout
He isn't slow and he has the same size than Rooney. People overstate these two things, as if he was actually slow and particularly short.

Bwuk

Really don’t think he’s all that. Lacazette is better.

thepolice123

How many games he played in a real striker position this season? Most of the games I see him in, he is either on the wing or in some sort of a second striker role. Yesterday his heat map showed he barely went into the box. I think Emery prefers Lacazette as his main striker but he is forced to accomodate Aubameyang in the team since he is a big money signing.

EasyE

He isn't slow and he has the same size than Rooney. People overstate these two things, as if he was actually slow and particularly short.
I think he is slow - really slow. I can never fathom why he's the fastest player on FIFA year on year. Also he's not the same size as Rooney. Rooney is like 5'9 - Auba is at least 6'2 if not taller. Maybe it's the hair that makes him look even bigger.

POF

Aubameyang is simply levels above Lacazette. He's been shunted around all over the place all season to accommodate Lacazette and still is their top scorer and main goal threat by a long way. Emery's biggest failing this season is his inability to set the team up with 2 strikers.

I'm amazed at those suggesting Lacazette is better. He is a very good striker but Aubameyang is just pure class.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I think he is slow - really slow. I can never fathom why he's the fastest player on FIFA year on year. Also he's not the same size as Rooney. Rooney is like 5'9 - Auba is at least 6'2 if not taller. Maybe it's the hair that makes him look even bigger.
Really slow? I thought he was meant to be rapid?

Ish

Lights on for Luke
They were talking about Lacazette, iirc.

Really slow? I thought he was meant to be rapid?
See above. Auba is pretty rapid. Maybe he's lost a yard or so the last couple of years though.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Funny seeing people putting Lacazette over PEA when the latter has already proven a far better goalscorer and more important player to Arsenal than the former.

If Lacazette was all that Arsenal would have not looked to upgrade a striker just a season after buying him. I don't even know why some are attempting to prop him up when in truth he's actually an inferior player.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I think he's talking about Lacazette?

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I don't think he's to blame. He's scoring a good amount of goals in an absolutely rubbish team. He deserves some bloody credit.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Exactly, 2nd top scorer in the league but still not good enough?
The caf has this recent weird obsession of shitting on proper goalscorers and would rather see someone who fluff their lines as a striker and justify that with some mythical play they add to the overall team.

Claiming that Lacazette is better than PEA and overall more important for Arsenal when the latter is sitting as the 2nd best goalscorer in the league is downright absurd.

EasyE

Fair one - my bad. I think it's abit harsh to judge PEA yesterday as like people have said he's shunted out on the left for the lesser man and the team set up yesterday was very negative. Guendouzi and Torreira are more ballwinners than genuine creators. Arsenal couldn't get past midfield after the first 30 minutes.

Camilo

I think he's a cracking player, maybe the best striker in the league.. Luckily he plays for Arsenal.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany

He's consistently scored against the big teams (Bayern and especially Real Madrid) during his time at Dortmund. He's been playing out of position for a while now at Arsenal and obviously he will struggle, but don't let that distort his actual ability which was demonstrated at Dortmund to be a very high level.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If he’s not slow, he’s certainly not fast. People can overstate these things, but these things are what hold him back from being more than a striker who’ll peak at Lyon and Arsenal.

Rooney comparison is bizarre.

JPRouve

Scout
If he’s not slow, he’s certainly not fast. People can overstate these things, but these things are what hold him back from being more than a striker who’ll peak at Lyon and Arsenal.

Rooney comparison is bizarre.
The comparison is with the size, nothing else and it was pretty clear.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I think he's a cracking player, maybe the best striker in the league.. Luckily he plays for Arsenal.
He's fine but he's not close to being best in the league. Kane is the clear cut best striker, Aguero would be second and after that he's in the same class as Rashford, Firmino etc.