Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang | Performances

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
A little bit early to have Rashford listed amongst Aubameyang?
I don't think its early as it is, Rashford has played a 100 PL games, which is amazing considering his age and scored some vital goals in the run up to the UEFA cup win and against top 4 opposition in the premier league.

One's career is on the up and the other will start winding down, I think the margin will only grow wider in Rashford's favour.

cyberman

He doesn't do enough outside of the box.
People criticise DDG, defenders etc for not being able to play the ball out in some modern, progressive theoretical nonsense so a fecking striker shouldn't get a pass from it.
Even for a great goalscorer he misses a lot of easy chances.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I don't think its early as it is, Rashford has played a 100 PL games, which is amazing considering his age and scored some vital goals in the run up to the UEFA cup win and against top 4 opposition in the premier league.

One's career is on the up and the other will start winding down, I think the margin will only grow wider in Rashford's favour.
Yeah, let's hope Rashford keeps developing into a world beater.

Kostov

Aubameyang is getting overrated on here in my opinion. He's a very good striker and that's it, once his pace is gone, he has very little that makes him stand out.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He doesn't do enough outside of the box.
People criticise DDG, defenders etc for not being able to play the ball out in some modern, progressive theoretical nonsense so a fecking striker shouldn't get a pass from it.
Even for a great goalscorer he misses a lot of easy chances.
I think that’s a fair criticism. Compare and contrast with the great work his opposite number did outside the box in the same match. Lacazette showed him up too.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Aubameyang is getting overrated on here in my opinion. He's a very good striker and that's it, once his pace is gone, he has very little that makes him stand out.
Have you read any post in this thread at all?

Rossa

Auba's biggest weapon was supposed to be his pace - the Usain Bolt of football. Not once have I seen it. Outpaced by Bailly, Varane - I think Smalling also had him in a foot race if I'm not mistaken some time ago. All those defenders are rapid centre backs, but does he get past any? He's either not that fast or he isn't that great at using his pace - a bit like Walcott. He's a good poacher, but when Arsenal aren't dominating, he seems incapable of doing anything on his own. He had a one on one vs Otamendi, and even there he failed to go past him and instead shot straight at Otamendi's body; a terrible attempt.

Kostov

Have you read any post in this thread at all?
No I pulled that out of my ass, why?

There's someone talking him as maybe the best striker in the league. And in another thread @bosnian_red mentioned how he shows up in big matches unlike Lukaku. Then I checked his stats and he has scored only against Spurs this season in the league and that was in a very impressive performance by the whole Arsenal team.

Don't get me wrong I think he's a solid player but nothing special, similar to Lukaku.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Auba’s a world class poacher, but an average-at-best player outside the box. Lacazette’s a much better footballer but nowhere near as good at scoring goals.

Delighted we have both. Considering the non-existent performances of the ‘creators’ around them (Özil, Ramsey, Iwobi and Mhiki), they’re having phenomenal seasons. Some absolute nonsense being written in this thread, presumably from people who don’t watch much of Auba and have misjudged what type of player he is.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I didn't realise that he cost 60m, i thought it was half of that but it doesn't particularly matter. His goalscoring record is fantastic considering him and Lacazette have to make the best out of very little as aside from Ozil and Mhiki who have been terribly uninspiring in the past few years, Arsenal are bereft of creative talent, and looking at his past it isn't luck either as at Dormund he had three incredible seasons.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Auba's biggest weapon was supposed to be his pace - the Usain Bolt of football. Not once have I seen it. Outpaced by Bailly, Varane - I think Smalling also had him in a foot race if I'm not mistaken some time ago. All those defenders are rapid centre backs, but does he get past any? He's either not that fast or he isn't that great at using his pace - a bit like Walcott. He's a good poacher, but when Arsenal aren't dominating, he seems incapable of doing anything on his own. He had a one on one vs Otamendi, and even there he failed to go past him and instead shot straight at Otamendi's body; a terrible attempt.
He's the gabonese Cavani, elite movement and attacking of space but misses sitters over and over. Still gets loads of goals. I would say the last time Auba had frightening pace was in 2016, he's gotten slower and adapted his game.

Kapardin

Auba’s a world class poacher, but an average-at-best player outside the box. Lacazette’s a much better footballer but nowhere near as good at scoring goals.

Delighted we have both. Considering the non-existent performances of the ‘creators’ around them (Özil, Ramsey, Iwobi and Mhiki), they’re having phenomenal seasons. Some absolute nonsense being written in this thread, presumably from people who don’t watch much of Auba and have misjudged what type of player he is.
Yep. The fact that both of them have done this well despite the problems plaguing your squad speaks more of their quality than anything. Very good players.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
No I pulled that out of my ass, why?

There's someone talking him as maybe the best striker in the league. And in another thread @bosnian_red mentioned how he shows up in big matches unlike Lukaku. Then I checked his stats and he has scored only against Spurs this season in the league and that was in a very impressive performance by the whole Arsenal team.

Don't get me wrong I think he's a solid player but nothing special, similar to Lukaku.
So you pulled one post out of so many to prove your point. This thread is mostly filled with people going on about how average he is, citing the likes of Lacazette being better than him, not to mention people just downright ignoring his return number and pretend that he's absolutely crap. So yeah me asking you if you'd read this thread at all shouldn't come as a surprise.

Also PEA has already shown a good record against the top teams in his past seasons at Dortmund and he's a proven big game player. He's scored goals against the likes of Real Madrid, Bayern Munich etc.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I think he's a very good player. He's not much with the ball at his feet outside the box but what he does, he does well. I also think the lack of width at Arsenal does him no favours.

Idxomer

It's difficult to blame Arsenal strikers as they have no creators in the team. Even though they're not that great, their team misses both Ozil and Mkhi and their current midfield consists just of runners with nothing much else to show for.

Still both Lacazette and Aubameyang have very good output this season. If they had someone like Pogba or even Ozil from a couple of years back supplying them, their numbers would've been improved further and very few would be talking about their involvement outside the box.

haram

Scored a cracker against Spurs.
Doesn’t make up for him completely disappearing in the other big games. The guy touched the ball 6 times against Liverpool.

No strength, not good in the air, no link up, no hold up. Does not contibute to build up. Sorry, that’s not a top striker.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Why, were people expecting him to change his style when he came to the PL? He's always been a poacher. Nothing new there.
He is actually playing quite differently compared to his Borussia days. Much more involved in the build-up and actually works for the team, instead of being a lazy pace-merchant. His assist against Spurs, for example, is something that he was never capable of earlier.

He also makes twice as many tackles and interceptions.

Kostov

So you pulled one post out of so many to prove your point. This thread is mostly filled with people going on about how average he is, citing the likes of Lacazette being better than him, not to mention people just downright ignoring his return number and pretend that he's absolutely crap. So yeah me asking you if you'd read this thread at all shouldn't come as a surprise.

Also PEA has already shown a good record against the top teams in his past seasons at Dortmund and he's a proven big game player. He's scored goals against the likes of Real Madrid, Bayern Munich etc.
As I already said the other examples were in another thread, and no I don’t think he’s crap at all. Just nothin special in my opinion.

And some of the defense when pointing out how much better he is than Lacazette was overrating as well. He’s a better goalscorer but Lac is a better all round footballer. The few Arsenal fans I know are much more fond of the Frenchman also.

haram

I actually have changed my mind on Lacazette and think he is better than Aubameyang.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
PEA is a good striker but not great. His stats are inflated. Apart from against Spurs, all his goals have come against lesser teams. A great striker like Aguero or Kane are threats regardless of the opposition. In the bigger games, Lacazette feels more threatening than PEA.

Nick7

I actually have changed my mind on Lacazette and think he is better than Aubameyang.
Agree. Neither are top quality but Lacazette is a better player. Give Lacazette Auba's pace and he'd be one of the best I think.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
He's missed 15 'big chances' in the PL this season, far ahead of any other player.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He's missed 15 'big chances' in the PL this season, far ahead of any other player.
He was also like this at Dortmund. Fantastic movement & pace, which helped him to be on the end of many chances but he was certainly prone to missing loads of them.

He's definitely lost some pace. First Bailly and now Smalling have quite comfortably outpaced him. They're both quick defenders but a couple of years ago he would have left them for dead.

Trizy

He's definitely lost some pace. First Bailly and now Smalling have quite comfortably outpaced him. They're both quick defenders but a couple of years ago he would have left them for dead.
Indeed. He even had a head start on Smalling because Smalling actually slipped just before that sprinting race.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
I hope he can finish this season strongly and give us at least another season of 20/25 goals but yeah, he's slowing down and missing a lot of easy chances.
We're gonna have to get the chequebook out again very soon. Arsenal fan Piatek would be nice if Milan can't cement their comeback in the next 2 years.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
£52m if memory serves. He's the same number of goals as Kane/Salah, just one behind Aguero. He's not that bad.

(Certainly on the decline, though).