Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang | Performances

thepolice123

Like many other strikers Aubameyang is about as good as the team behind him. If he gets service or offered some space he's deadly, but if the midfield behind him struggles he can be quite subdued, because he can't really drop deep (effectively). Alcacer is quite similar in that regard, he doesn't have that deadly acceleration, but I think he's better when it comes to lay-offs and 1-touch combinations - I'm not sure Aubameyang would've been a huge upgrade on the Alcacer/Götze partnership last season. Lewandowski's all-around play on the other hand is a class apart.

I think that unless you have one of the top 3-5 strikers in your team you will always have a trade off between goal scoring and football skills on the striking position and if your team needs a goal scorer or counter attacks a lot then Aubameyang is a terrific striker.
Tbf in Germany he's generally regarded to be in the same tier as Lewandowski. I doubt even he would elevate this Arsenal team.

Maybe some inputs from @Balu would be good.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Tbf in Germany he's generally regarded to be in the same tier as Lewandowski. I doubt even he would elevate this Arsenal team.

Dont think he is. Aubameyang never matched Lewandowski's peak form at Dortmund or Bayern, even though his goal record in 16/17 was spectacular. He's certainly a tier below Lewandowski, who is a better goal scorer and a more complete forward.

Pagh Wraith

No idea why Dick Emery brought him on tonight. We didn't need any more goals so why risk our most important player, other than Guendouzi, who also came on as a sub :houllier:
I chuckle every time someone brings this up because, no offense, it's nonsense. Playing football is his job. If you don't want him to get injured why play him at all? In training, in the league, in any game. Wrap him in bubble wrap and put him in a glass cabinet. His chances of getting of getting injured isn't an higher just because the game isn't as meaningful. In fact it's probably lower when you're already 4-0 up.
'

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?

No way is he regarded in the same tier as Lewa. But he was respected as a quality striker. Just not the same level as Lewa.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
I chuckle every time someone brings this up because, no offense, it's nonsense. Playing football is his job. If you don't want him to get injured why play him at all? In training, in the league, in any game. Wrap him in bubble wrap and put him in a glass cabinet. His chances of getting of getting injured isn't an higher just because the game isn't as meaningful. In fact it's probably lower when you're already 4-0 up.
'
What benefit was there in playing him for 20 minutes when we're 4-0 up and he's going to start on Sunday?

John_Jensen

I'd have given Pepe the full 90. Although he didn't look that great for the 20.

There's talent there, you can see it. But atm even a simple 10 yard pass seems beyond him. Will taking him out of the team make it worse or just give him some breathing space, i dunno.

But if anyone else was stinking the place out with those kind of performances they'd be out of the team. The way Willock, Saka & Martinelli are playing they deserve time in the first team too.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Why's it his concern? he's been paid the money for Auba, its not like he left for free, so what's his issue?
He has the same issues as Hoeneß: they just cannot help themselves but talk when you put a mic in front of them.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
There's talent there, you can see it. But atm even a simple 10 yard pass seems beyond him. Will taking him out of the team make it worse or just give him some breathing space, i dunno.

But if anyone else was stinking the place out with those kind of performances they'd be out of the team. The way Willock, Saka & Martinelli are playing they deserve time in the first team too.
Actually I thought he was too quick to pass. We bought him to run at defenders and he didn't seem to want to do that.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
'
Why risk your best player when the game is already won? What would happen if he went down with a lengthy injury after coming on when the team is 4 nil up. You're talking absolute nonsense.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Gigantic miss, that.

Still, outside of Saka, he’s the only one of the Arsenal players I’d say are comprehensively above the level they’re playing at currently.

Betson

He is a top class player , would take him in a heartbeat but he will have nightmares about that miss at the end. It was a sitter , and their season was on the line and he missed it.

Canagel

Even the best strikers missing sitters meanwhile our fans can't wait to get on Martials back as soon as he misses (rarely)

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Feel bad for him, he’s absolute carried arsenal and that bycicle should be the match winning goal and labelled a hero, now he’s the guy that messed it up - football is a fickle beast.

he’s class though, should leave arsenal for sure.

Nick7

Quintessential Arsenal performance that. Overhead kick goal to put them ahead then a shocking miss to put them out. All in the space of what, 15 minutes?

Martialfc

I’d take him in a heartbeat. He’s that good. Great technique. Great first touch and rapid . I think we could possibly challenge for the league if we got him and kept Pogba for next season.

Djemba-Djemba

Awful miss but he's a brilliant striker and Arsenal would be fighting relegation without him this season.

I'd be amazed if he's still there after this summer. Madrid need a striker, would he not be perfect?

MadMike

he's 31 in june would probably be on high wages aswell
no thanks
Wages ain't the problem if it's a short contract. But Arsenal will want a lot to sell him to us, which makes it a non-starter for a 31yo. If he was a free agent I'd go for him.

lysglimt

Scout
He is carrying Arsenal all by himself - he has scored 17 out of 39 goals for Arsenal in the league

RedCurry

He will not be sleeping much tonight I feel but he’s an absolute top class striker. Even he can miss those. But who doesn’t.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I can’t believe he missed that. Seemed impossible to. Still a great striker

OhreVAR Paris

Only just caught the highlights to the game! Auba experiencing every human emotion within 10 minutes. Reminds me of cavani in the sense he'll bury a worldy and then pull a Torres when you'd expect him to nail it

Scores twice in FA Cup Final win

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
How much would be cost this summer with a year left on his contract? Could be a RVP-esque signing for one of the big clubs.

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord
Should have gotten him the summer that everyone was fawning over Lukaku and Morata. Was cheaper than those two as well.