Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang | Performances

acnumber9

Yeah I get what you’re saying, but they did buy young and for the future. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think they’re great but I don’t think they’re having a very poor season to the point where they need to sack their captain to distract from it.
Yeah, I don’t think that’s the reason. I could maybe see it trying to be a way of forcing him out.

Brophs

The One and Only
I'd bet my house that they spent a hour this morning arguing about the word "latest" in the statement. I've a lot of time for that level of snippiness.

diarm

Head of the Arsenals supporters trust on SSN trying to tell us they are jinxed in the captaincy department.

Er... maybe try not appointing dickheads as captain for a while?

Nick7

Yeah, I don’t think that’s the reason. I could maybe see it trying to be a way of forcing him out.
Could be. Few disciplinary issues and he's 32 on a lot of money. They'd do well to shift him as good as he is on his day. Seems those days are fewer and far between now.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
They spent a silly amount of money in the summer and are behind two teams that have been so shit they had to sack their managers.
Beat West Ham tomorrow & we go into top 4, albeit with Utd & Spurs having games in hand.

SAFMUTD

Amarsdd

its a surprise he lasted this long as a captain, tbh. Didn't he have a couple of disciplinary issues last season as well?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
its a surprise he lasted this long as a captain, tbh. Didn't he have a couple of disciplinary issues last season as well?
I can't even remember when he was made captain, but I feel as if he had disciplinary issues before that too.

acnumber9

Beat West Ham tomorrow & we go into top 4, albeit with Utd & Spurs having games in hand.
You actually have to win that first. Not forgetting the fact that clubs like Arsenal really shouldn’t be finding themselves behind West Ham to begin with.

bludsucker

What is the disciplinary breach? I heard (from piers morgan) that he missed training to go help out his sick mother and the club were aware of it.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
What is the disciplinary breach? I heard (from piers morgan) that he missed training to go help out his sick mother and the club were aware of it.
I thought Piers would be too busy telling us to stay at home before pissing off to Antigua.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
You actually have to win that first. Not forgetting the fact that clubs like Arsenal really shouldn’t be finding themselves behind West Ham to begin with.
Yet all clubs apart from the top 3 are behind them. Bit disrespectful to West Ham that, they deserve to be where they are, results vs Chelsea & Liverpool were no flukes.

acnumber9

Yet all clubs apart from the top 3 are behind them. Bit disrespectful to West Ham that, they deserve to be where they are, results vs Chelsea & Liverpool were no flukes.
Not all clubs have spent over £200m in the last 18 months. No matter what way you want to paint it that represents failure.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Ashley Cole: Arsenal fans will never hate anyone more than me.
Alexis Sanchez: You mean me!
Cole: Well no one will ever top the pair of us.
Auba: Hold my beer.

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
Not all clubs have spent over £200m in the last 18 months. No matter what way you want to paint it that represents failure.
This is a pretty pointless argument.

Look at the profile of players we've brought in. They're young players for the future. What has that got to do with this season, and expecting instant results?

Seems a poor and lazy argument. Besides, don't pretend like United haven't spent a lot the past few windows..

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Ashley Cole: Arsenal fans will never hate anyone more than me.
Alexis Sanchez: You mean me!
Cole: Well no one will ever top the pair of us.
Auba: Hold my beer.
What are you on about...
Most Arsenal fans don't hate Alexis or Auba. And if some idiots do, it will never be more than Cole, RVP, Gallas or Adebayor.

acnumber9

This is a pretty pointless argument.

Look at the profile of players we've brought in. They're young players for the future. What has that got to do with this season, and expecting instant results?

Seems a poor and lazy argument. Besides, don't pretend like United haven't spent a lot the past few windows..
They’ve mostly gone into the first team. Would that not suggest improvement on last season?

What have United got to do with Arsenal? It’s the kind of argument a child makes. If you want to discuss United’s failings you won’t find me disagreeing. That’s kind of why we sacked our manager.

padr81

Supports
Man City
What are you on about...
Most Arsenal fans don't hate Alexis or Auba. And if some idiots do, it will never be more than Cole, RVP, Gallas or Adebayor.
Admittedly the number of Arsenal fans in my social circle is only slightly bigger than the number of City fans, but the few I know despise both Sanchez and reckon Auba is doing the best he can to be a bigger cnut.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
Admittedly the number of Arsenal fans in my social circle is only slightly bigger than the number of City fans, but the few I know despise both Sanchez and reckon Auba is doing the best he can to be a bigger cnut.
Hate is too big a word for Sanchez. He was getting annoying towards the end with his gesturing towards teammates but if anything he got some love back for stinking up the place at United while robbing you blind in wages. :D
Even if Aubameyang gets moved on this summer, it would have mostly been a positive period with a few trophies and good moments. I think he will be back in 2 or 3 games and people are massively overreacting.

What about Laurent Koscielny?
His announcement video was very cringe but that's about it. He had good causes for being angry at the club so i don't think any Arsenal fan "hate him". Very good relationship turned sour in the end because of the higher-ups.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Hate is too big a word for Sanchez. He was getting annoying towards the end with his gesturing towards teammates but if anything he got some love back for stinking up the place at United while robbing you blind in wages. :D
Even if Aubameyang gets moved on this summer, it would have mostly been a positive period with a few trophies and good moments. I think he will be back in 2 or 3 games and people are massively overreacting.
Thats fair, I'm a City fan though so he only nearly stunk the place up for us. I think the manner he wanted to leave tainted it, on the whole he was at his peak with you guys. Auba probably too, just seems like an unprofessional cnut but great player obviously.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
His performance after contract extension is disappointing.

The one I only "hate" is Adebayor. His professionalism is not existent.

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
They’ve mostly gone into the first team. Would that not suggest improvement on last season?

What have United got to do with Arsenal? It’s the kind of argument a child makes. If you want to discuss United’s failings you won’t find me disagreeing. That’s kind of why we sacked our manager.
What?? The comparison was between Arsenal and Uniteds current league position which someone pointed Arsenal have spent more money than United so they should be doing better..

It's like you ignored the whole conversation to have some strange dig.

And yes they have improved the XI, but the cost of them is irrelevent because they were bought in for high potential and longevity/sell on value. Not to come in and have an instant huge impact. Nobody expects Ben White to come in and play like a £50m CB off the bat.

SirAnderson

Masuaku's winner against Chelsea was literally a fluke :lol:

But aside from that yeah, they have been in decent nick and playing good footy, as terrible as that sounds considering its, he-who-shall-not-be-named, managing them.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
You lot of all supporters should know this policy doesn't work, not all young players live up to their potential and the ones that do will eventually get fed up of a never ending process (ala RVP, Cole) and bugger of elsewhere.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
You lot of all supporters should know this policy doesn't work, not all young players live up to their potential and the ones that do will eventually get fed up of a never ending process (ala RVP, Cole) and bugger of elsewhere.
We are risk of derailing the thread here, but we keep discussing the Arsenal strategy, we keep reading the strategy doesn't work, but what should there strategy be? We can't afford & attract the bigger more established stars just now with no Europe. We can't keep buying players at 28+ who command big wages with little or no sell on value as that doesn't generate money to then reinvest.

So yeah, this strategy might not lead to success, or perhaps it might with a better manager, but at least it gets us on a path to be a better functioning club again that we've seem to have came away from the past few years.

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
Yep not saying it will or won't work. Just saying, no point talking about us spending lots of money, when the money was spent on potential future growth, not upfront results. I expect us to be better this season of course as we have improved the team, but not expecting £150m worth of improvement in just this season. The project will take a few years before we could see any return, although as you said it's not guarenteed.

So far looking decent though, and i'd rather this route then paying big wages to older players like the past.

bludsucker

I thought Piers would be too busy telling us to stay at home before pissing off to Antigua.
He is a grade A idiot. One of the more dislikable persons imo.
They were aware but the condition was that he came home Thursday evening. He came home Friday morning instead
Ah thanks mate. Though is that such a big breach of discipline to make such a hue and cry about.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
He is a grade A idiot. One of the more dislikable persons imo.

Ah thanks mate. Though is that such a big breach of discipline to make such a hue and cry about.
On its own probably not. But that's at least the second official and public time he's been reprimanded. There's rumours that there were more behind the scenes so maybe his very poor form, attitude and possibly the need to move him on before splashing 50/60M this summer made it a good timing to force things.
But more importantly we just don't know the full details, i doubt 12 hours or missing a covid test would be that big of a deal if it was an actual health issue with his mother.

RuudTom83

The list of potential strikers Newcastle can waste some money on is growing every week…a front 2 pairing?

Martial - Aubameyang