Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

ti vu

He's a solid player. Not really a pure DM in my eyes though, more of a box to box engine. Would definitely be a better DM than Sissokho, but I have my doubts if Spurs fans' dream midfield of Hojberg, GLC and Ndombele (assuming Mou actually lets him play) is as balanced as they think.
IMO, he would do the Herrera type of role in Mourinho first season with us. If they want a pure destroyer, then they can still have Dier for a specific role

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Very average signing imo. Looks like they're giving up on Ndombele now and will cash in if some of these rumours are true of likes of Barcelona wanting him.

Lo Celso was looking much better in second half of the season but to me it seems him and Hojbjerg are too similar to play together.

Edit: Simply didn't live up to the hype at Southampton, same as Lemina who seemed to get a ridiculous amount of praise when he first joined and is now being loaned out in Turkey.

Southampton were doing great at the end of the season with Romeu, Ward-Prowse and Armstrong being a nicely balanced trio so smart move to cash in.

ti vu

Very average signing imo. Looks like they're giving up on Ndombele now and will cash in if some of these rumours are true of likes of Barcelona wanting him.

Lo Celso was looking much better in second half of the season but to me it seems him and Hojbjerg are too similar to play together.

Edit: Simply didn't live up to the hype at Southampton, same as Lemina who seemed to get a ridiculous amount of praise when he first joined and is now being loaned out in Turkey.

Southampton were doing great at the end of the season with Romeu, Ward-Prowse and Armstrong being a nicely balanced trio so smart move to cash in.
Perhaps, some skill, but type and style wise, I can't see the similarity. Hojbjerg can play as main defensive midfielder when Romeu is out. Also work in double pivot with Romeu. Lo Celso is not anchor midfielder of any kind, at least from whenever I saw him, in La Liga, and now in PL.

Hojbjerg was being phased out as he made it known his desire to leave, and entering his last year of contract. He was the captain, so it's not the case Hojbjerg didn't live up to the hype (what hype?). It's Southampton doesn't want any prolonged unsettlement in the team. Also using the situation to get KWP deal without the pain dealing with Levy for Spurs' overpriced outcast.

Last edited:

SAFMUTD

The exact player we would have got if Mourinho was still with us, Im glad he left.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I think he is a very good signing at that price. Spurs desperately need an alternative to Kane up top though.

cyberman

I have no idea what he does. Doesnt attack well, doesnt protect the back 4 and is constantly overrun but i constantly hear how hes having a good season. Did pundits stop watching Spurs games in December?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I have no idea what he does. Doesnt attack well, doesnt protect the back 4 and is constantly overrun but i constantly hear how hes having a good season. Did pundits stop watching Spurs games in December?
Yep, they're so boring to watch can you blame them though:smirk:

Ekeke

You didnt see him make 5 tackles and 1 interception breaking up attacks? He's certainly not playing as well as earlier in the season and Fred was better today. But he was more involved than Ndombele and Lo Celso

cyberman

You didnt see him make 5 tackles and 1 interception breaking up attacks? He's certainly not playing as well as earlier in the season and Fred was better today. But he was more involved than Ndombele and Lo Celso
He disappeared after the first 20 minutes and faded after 45 like he did in every Spurs game ive seen.
He may well not be the main fault but where is he showing his form?