Pilib de Brun

SteveW

Guesses constantly. Occasionally gets one right. Bit of a spoofer imo

Chip

It's Irish. He's Irish. So I think he's free to do that in all honesty. Be a bit daft if he wasn't though.
I had no idea it was Irish. I actually thought it was an attempt to make it sound Latin/Spanish. I guess it isn't so daft then.

GBBQ

No journo has a perfect record, seem to remember the hit rates for most papers was around 20% or so. Various reasons why majority of rumours don't come true but most clubs will work on multiple options and at some point in time those rumours may have been true but didn't result in a signing.

Judging by his guests on his radio show and his interview with Lukaku he definitely has some connections who are likely to hear rumours close to the source.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He has Robbie Earle on the show this week I think. I mean he's hardly an a list footballer but it's better than a mere podcaster I think.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
No journo has a perfect record, seem to remember the hit rates for most papers was around 20% or so. Various reasons why majority of rumours don't come true but most clubs will work on multiple options and at some point in time those rumours may have been true but didn't result in a signing.

Judging by his guests on his radio show and his interview with Lukaku he definitely has some connections who are likely to hear rumours close to the source.
True. And moreover, journalists aren't predictors of events. They simply report what they hear from their sources and then its the audience's job to process the information. Too many fans seem to rely on journos to make them happy by providing them with agreeable transfer news. That's unfortunately not how it works.

stevoc

Phil's a bullshitter for sure but one of many. Loads of bullshitter tweets are regularly posted so there's no need for a big debate to start every time one of his tweets pops up.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I asked him who his source was and he told me it was an agent from Gestefute.

He told me not share that information out but now it's been so long I feel there's no need to keep it secret.
IF he had a source at Gestifute it doesn't matter how long it has been, he/she would be livid to find the guy is happy to burn them as soon as MaxiPaxi from RC tweets him.

Paxi

IF he had a source at Gestifute it doesn't matter how long it has been, he/she would be livid to find the guy is happy to burn them as soon as MaxiPaxi from RC tweets him.
Well he told me not to release that information. I doubt it'll affect him/her now.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's had German legend Mathaeus on his show.

Interviewed Lukaku before the club or anyone else after the player signed.

Daniel Taylor of the Guardian tweeted on his credibility in 2014 after Phil Brown was being called a liar.

He was banned from here due to me posting his anti Glazer rants. But thankfully @Raoul removed him from the blacklist which was good to see.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Daniel Taylor of the Guardian tweeted on his credibility in 2014 after Phil Brown was being called a liar.

He was banned from here due to me posting his anti Glazer rants. But thankfully @Raoul removed him from the blacklist which was good to see.
I missed the Lukaku interview. Was it on video ?

Infra-red

I suppose the obvious thing to say here is, if you don't like/trust what he says, don't read it.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Well he told me not to release that information. I doubt it'll affect him/her now.
It's not a case of the info being relevant but just how someone you entrust with privileged info happily shares it with a randomer on Twitter.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Like other so called 'ITKs' on here I've never seen him be first to predict a transfer. Still waiting on Belotti or Morata to arrive as he claimed.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Maybe we compromise and ban you instead

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
He reminds me so much of 'GoldTrafford' who used to claim ITK as he worked for the star in Ireland. He was full of shit too, used to run his stories after reading someone else mention it days before

psychdelicblues

Every time someone posts his tweets in the Twitter thread we always seem to be split whether he's a bullshiter or not.

I thought we should just have a thread about this and settle this once and for all.

Personally, I've never had a problem with him. Yeah I guess he maybe hedging his bets sometime with regards to players but I think most journos do that.

I asked him in direct messages on twitter, if Jose's deal depended on LVG's top 4 chances and FA Cup success to which he replied that it didn't matter. That all was agreed and he had total agreement with United. I asked him who his source was and he told me it was an agent from Gestefute.

He told me not share that information out but now it's been so long I feel there's no need to keep it secret.

Anyways, he's not everyone's cup of tea, but throughout following him on twitter for years I find him generally reliable.

Anyway, that's just my opinion.
I think he should be taken more seriously.

He's certainly more reliable than the likes of Deleaney (who is chief football writer at Independent) and few others that people still post on twitter threads.
Hardly uncommon knowledge at the time. Considering the awful performances in the CL and the dire state of the football throughout the season. It was quite clear around feb/march of that year that LGV was not the man to take United forward whether United finished 4th or/and won a cup. With Mourinho being available, no point giving LGV a final 3rd season and make the same mistake when Fergie decided to call it a day.

Paxi

Like other so called 'ITKs' on here I've never seen him be first to predict a transfer. Still waiting on Belotti or Morata to arrive as he claimed.
He had Ogden on who said Lukaku was our first choice.

Dante

Average bang
He's a shithouse who aggregates rumours from the Twitter Rumours thread. He does get interviews, but a posteriori news don't necessarily follow on in any accurate fashion from that.

He has friendzone links to players. That's it.

Pilib de Friendzone.

Paxi

Hardly uncommon knowledge at the time. Considering the awful performances in the CL and the dire state of the football throughout the season. It was quite clear around feb/march of that year that LGV was not the man to take United forward whether United finished 4th or/and won a cup. With Mourinho being available, no point giving LGV a final 3rd season and make the same mistake when Fergie decided to call it a day.

I don't think it was as cut and dry as that. LvG himself was surprised I think.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
He had Ogden on who said Lukaku was our first choice.
On the Mourinho being a definite regardless of top 4, wouldn't we have signed Renato Sanches for him if so.

Dante

Average bang
He's a chancer. I could come up with 'ITK' knowledge as accurate as his. So could the vast majority of this forum.

Ban the cnut from the Transfer Forum. Keep him in the Football Forum.

Nobody trusts him enough to give him inside info. He's just a bloke who has a show who a few people have gone on in the past.

Paxi

On the Mourinho being a definite regardless of top 4, wouldn't we have signed Renato Sanches for him if so.
We just dithered on Sanches I think.

Paxi

You're guessing/wishing as much as he is. That's the whole point about his fatuousness.
It was reported that we stalled on Sanches deal. If I'm guessing then so is every other person out there. Basically trust no one then.

Dante

Average bang
Here's my PdB impression:

'Perisic wants the move and so does Mourinho. But Bale is the priority. The major stumbling block is Perez.'

See... easy as feck.

Infra-red

He's a shithouse who aggregates rumours from the Twitter Rumours thread. He does get interviews, but a posteriori news don't necessarily follow on in any accurate fashion from that.

He has friendzone links to players. That's it.

Pilib de Friendzone.
He's a chancer. I could come up with 'ITK' knowledge as accurate as his. So could the vast majority of this forum.

Ban the cnut from the Transfer Forum. Keep him in the Football Forum.

Nobody trusts him enough to give him inside info. He's just a bloke who has a show who a few people have gone on in the past.

'Perisic wants the move and so does Mourinho. But Bale is the priority. The major stumbling block is Perez.'

See... easy as feck.
Yeah... reported by nobodies like this twat.
You seem rather worked up. Have you considered not reading his stuff, or simply ignoring it when you see it. That might work better for you.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

See... easy as feck.
In fairness, you could do that with any journo.

Dante

Average bang
You seem rather worked up. Have you considered not reading his stuff, or simply ignoring it when you see it. That might work better for you.
This is a thread about him. I'll post my opinion. If you're worked up about it, don't read it. That might work better for you.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
This is a thread about him. I'll post my opinion. If you're worked up about it, don't read it. That might work better for you.
He wasn't talking about this thread, he was talking about the actual Twitter thread.

Infra-red

:lol: enjoy the witch hunt!

In fairness, you could do that with any journo.
Indeed. We're all in the dark and have no means of verifying anyone's sources or ascertaining their credibility. Best not to put too much stock in any of the transfer guff, or have a meltdown about any individual involved in it, like Dante here.