PL clubs furlough non-playing staff | Liverpool, Spurs & Bournemouth U-turns

DoubleDinhos

Liverpool Fan
Better late than never but it's another mark against the Yanks. It seems every few years they get greedy and have to be shamed into a reversal.

American billionaires are utter parasites.

PoTMS

Finally, the greedy bastards have come to the right decision. Well, at least they've reversed the decision, despite their ill intentions. That's more than you can say for the other scumbag clubs - I'm looking at you, Spurs and Newcastle.

Skills

Snitch
Better late than never but it's another mark against the Yanks. It seems every few years they get greedy and have to be shamed into a reversal.

American billionaires are utter parasites.
They're all like that. The mask slips every once in a while.

Crustanoid

He’s one of the many but most blatant LFC biased journalists out there

James Peril

Nah, they're getting big praise from the media

What a tool this guy is. This is the same as saying that you can do everything possible to save money or make lives worse for the working stock (aka maximize shareholder profit), then reverse it every time the reaction is bad enough (to create media headlines). Pathetic. Journalists really aren't what they used to be, if they ever were anything to hold in high esteem.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Holt is such a tool

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

Why should they get praise ffs? If they reversed the decision then they clearly had the money in the first place. The fans were saying before they even made the decision to furlough that it was rank that jobs were being lost and furloughed by top clubs so they didn’t fecking listen to them. The only reason they’ve changed is because high profile people have came out and spoke against it. The media are such desperate cnuts sometimes.

Rank from Liverpool and rank from Holt. They deserve backlash and continuous judgement for thinking that was okay.

Amarsdd

they'll get more credit and praise for this than other clubs who never went that scummy route.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!

The damage has been done by Liverpool and no way will this reversing their decision condone them of the cnuts they are and have been in a number of bad decisions throughout the past years - no need for me to spell them out!

Well done to the great majority of their fans who said it was unacceptable to them and also to a number of their ex-players who stated that this is not the Liverpool they know/knew.

I will say that City too are in the same mold as Liverpool with their owners charging the NHS for the Nightingale Hospital - about 2 million a month in rent fees which is just as despicable as Liverpool.

And Holt seems to have a brown nose or am i not seeing well!

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Why should they get praise ffs? If they reversed the decision then they clearly had the money in the first place. The fans were saying before they even made the decision to furlough that it was rank that jobs were being lost and furloughed by top clubs so they didn’t fecking listen to them. The only reason they’ve changed is because high profile people have came out and spoke against it. The media are such desperate cnuts sometimes.

Rank from Liverpool and rank from Holt. They deserve backlash and continuous judgement for thinking that was okay.
Agreed completely with the whole post.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Unbelievable spin.

Yes they've sorted their mistake but it should be in a "should bloody hope so" context from journalists.

Holt is part of the scouse mafia though.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
they'll get more credit and praise for this than other clubs who never went that scummy route.
It's like when smokers give up. They get more credit than those who never started

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Glad it’s been reversed. Doesn’t detract from the fact they made the original decision but the important thing is the the outcome and the jobs that can be saved whilst not draining taxpayer cash.

This whole incident just shows how out of touch with supporters owners are. They just don’t see us the same way.

Blueman

Supports
Man City
The damage has been done by Liverpool and no way will this reversing their decision condone them of the cnuts they are and have been in a number of bad decisions throughout the past years - no need for me to spell them out!

Well done to the great majority of their fans who said it was unacceptable to them and also to a number of their ex-players who stated that this is not the Liverpool they know/knew.

I will say that City too are in the same mold as Liverpool with their owners charging the NHS for the Nightingale Hospital - about 2 million a month in rent fees which is just as despicable as Liverpool.

City owners don't and never did charge for the Excel. It's part of the pro LFC media campaign. Seriously. These reporters can paint whatever picture they want. I am not surprised LFCs reversal has seen them being lauded for it, there is a massive LFC media (disinformation) campaign and it knows no boundaries on how to distort their news.

Look at the breaking of it... "LFC ensure furliughed staff get paid 100%"

It's almost propaganda

Valley Blue

Supports
Manchester City

The Excel centre are not charging the NHS for Nightingale.

Crustanoid

This was the same team whose fans, media lovers and others associated with club decisions incessantly promote ‘European nights at Anfield’ which led directly to them flouting the case for a BCD fixture with Atlético when others were either cancelling matches or playing BCD in the same week. Their greed led to 3000 fans from a COVID 19 hotspot travelling over here, escalated disease, and therefore deaths. All because of their desire for a ‘European night at Anfield’

NinjaFletch

Fair play to Liverpool fans tbf, easy to dig your heels in and defend the indefensible when it comes to your club but the unanimous condemnation has led us to a good outcome.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I was going to abandon my kids and wife and run away with a hooker I met last week. But once my friends and family found out and said they'd never speak to me again if I went through with it, I begrudgingly decided to stay with them. Come tell me what a wonderful person I am.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Fair play to Liverpool fans tbf, easy to dig your heels in and defend the indefensible when it comes to your club but the unanimous condemnation has led us to a good outcome.
Yep, the majority of Liverpool fans deserve a lot of credit for kicking up the fuss they did and that shouldn’t be forgotten in all this. The club itself is an absolute sewer.

Fts 74

Funny, in the last couple of years City had the media saying nothing but good about them.

I accept there has always been pro Liverpool people in the media but lately its been intolerable.

Just wondered did they steal city's main P R people when they tried to steal City's scouting reports.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

This is the spin I’ve immediately seen from Liverpool fans too, who felt so strongly about it before.

Fair play to the fans for kicking off about it, but they soon go back to making excuses for their club.

Crustanoid

Their heroic sacrifice made it onto national news at 10. 4th top headline. Surely there’s a media influence behind that

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
This is the spin I’ve immediately seen from Liverpool fans too, who felt so strongly about it before.

Fair play to the fans for kicking off about it, but they soon go back to making excuses for their club.
There's no excuses to be made here, I'm just glad that the decision was reversed before the scheme was effectively applied. Disappointed with our owners though, the fact that they even considered this shows how out of touch with reality they are. I'm astonished that they seemingly didn't even consult with some people a lot closer to the club than they are. Luckily they have the balls to admit they were wrong but that should not be something to be proud of either - it shouldn't have happened in the first place, end of.

decorativeed

Just to keep people in the loop, I have a few friends who work for United, and the word was that they were going to be furloughed and it would be announced last Thursday or Friday. After they spent both of those days not knowing what was happening, but with constant hints from managers that it was forthcoming, they were left all weekend in the dark.

United obviously waited to see what the backlash was from a major rival doing it, after not being too fussed about the reaction to Spurs or Newcastle. In the end, those staff found out today by reports in the tabloids that United had said that they would not be furloughing. Management took till the end of the day today to confirm it.

Skills

Snitch
Just to keep people in the loop, I have a few friends who work for United, and the word was that they were going to be furloughed and it would be announced last Thursday or Friday. After they spent both of those days not knowing what was happening, but with constant hints from managers that it was forthcoming, they were left all weekend in the dark.

United obviously waited to see what the backlash was from a major rival doing it, after not being too fussed about the reaction to Spurs or Newcastle. In the end, those staff found out today by reports in the tabloids that United had said that they would not be furloughing. Management took till the end of the day today to confirm it.
Not surprising. Our owners are also billionaire leeches, they just happen to be a lot more image conscious or at least have some advisers who are more image conscious.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Emporer Hirohito deserves credit, he was big enough to know he got it wrong and surrender to the Americans.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Holt is a parasite just like Liverpool FC. He doesn't represent or care about football culture or the fans.
Emporer Hirohito deserves credit, he was big enough to know he got it wrong and surrender to the Americans.
:lol: He deserves plenty of credit. That's what made him such a great person.