PL Sacking time is upon us. Can you put them in order?

AlwaysRed66

Until two weeks ago I could see us lumbered with Ole until at least the seasons end, but the Poch sacking has changed thing, & the board may well think this is the time to change whilst they can get a quality manager for free.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Emery and Ole are safe until the end of the season at least; the former’s record in the Europa (plus reaching the final last year) might make Arsenal think they can still get the CL next season through that route.

Smith I expect to get loyalty from Villa, but a relegation battle screws loyalty.

Can’t predict Southampton - they’re probably fecked either way, and I doubt they can do better than the management they have.

Watford will probably set a new record for the most amount of different managers in a single season.

The next to go will be between Silva and Pellegrini - probably in that order, though I’m not sure which one Moyes will replace.

Last edited:

croadyman

Well there goes Emery off the list,the way things are going Utd could be facing four newly appointed managers over December and new year.

Havak

Pokemon master
Silva will be sacked next week, probably the morning after the Liverpool game unless he somehow wins both their next fixtures (although I think he'd probably be too far gone even if that happens). It's a tough enough run that Everton face for any manager, but I think getting the Liverpool game out of the way would make things a little easier for Moyes/Arteta/Benitez. Pellegrini is probably next in line, I can see him maybe making it to the Arsenal game on Monday 9th December, but with tough fixtures away to Chelsea & Wolves it could be a close run thing with Silva if he fails to pick up any points. I just feel that Silva is already in the process of being replaced, while Pellegrini isn't quite that far along yet despite no win since 22nd September. Despite me thinking these two guys are massively under-performing with the squads they have been allowed to build, I do feel for them a bit that time is being called when they have almost an impossible run of fixtures. They'd likely lose almost all of these games in the next week or two regardless of their prior form. Still, my expectation for the next two at least is:

Silva - 05/12/2019
Pellegrini - 10/12/2019

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
"Smith" signed a new 4 year contract today.

Seems to be talk Quique will be sacked if Watford lose at Southampton and you'd surely think Hasselhuttl will run out of chances if Southampton don't win that game.

Think at best Pellegrini and Silva have 3 games left to save their jobs.

One cast iron prediction is at least two more managers in prem will lose their jobs before Boxing day.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Nobody got the Emery - Flores 1, 2!

Updated the OP.

Think there's another 2 getting the chop in the next 7 days.

Acole9

Outstanding
Smith needs to be taken off the list, he's signed a new contract and was never in any danger of being sacked. Silva is the next one in danger, Pellegrini and Hasenhuttl are safe for now at least after wins yesterday. Solskjaer is unlikely unfortunately and if the Norwich board brain fart like they normally do then Farke is a potential candidate.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Smith needs to be taken off the list, he's signed a new contract and was never in any danger of being sacked. Silva is the next one in danger, Pellegrini and Hasenhuttl are safe for now at least after wins yesterday. Solskjaer is unlikely unfortunately and if the Norwich board brain fart like they normally do then Farke is a potential candidate.
Do you think Villa are going to stick by him even if there is a threat of relegation? I personally feel there's a tentative understanding in what they've done with the contract. As long as he keeps them above water, it'll prove prudent, but if there is a genuine chance they will drop through the trapdoor back into the Championship, they won't hesitate to sack him.

If we evaluate a managerial pay off vis-à-vis the financial calamity of going back into the Championship, even with the parachute payments, I think it's a no-brainer, although having said all that, I do think he's the safest of all because they really don't want to get rid and will only do so if they must, whereas I think a few of these clubs have managers whom they believe should be doing much better with the resources at their disposal and are thus upgradeable.

Acole9

Outstanding
Do you think Villa are going to stick by him even if there is a threat of relegation? I personally feel there's a tentative understanding in what they've done with the contract. As long as he keeps them above water, it'll prove prudent, but if there is a genuine chance they will drop through the trapdoor back into the Championship, they won't hesitate to sack him.

If we evaluate a managerial pay off vis-à-vis the financial calamity of going back into the Championship, even with the parachute payments, I think it's a no-brainer, although having said all that, I do think he's the safest of all because they really don't want to get rid and will only do so if they must, whereas I think a few of these clubs have managers whom they believe should be doing much better with the resources at their disposal and are thus upgradeable.
Even if they're relegated I think he'll be fine.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I must’ve missed this thread, so with what’s left I’ll go with:

1. Silva
2. Pellegrini
3. Watford’s next manager
4. Smith
5. Hasenhuttl
n/a Ole

-Silva’s done well to make it this far, but he must be next.
-West Ham turned-up against Cheslea, but I expect they’ll be back to the commitment they showed against Spurs soon enough as their standard. Don’t think he’ll see the season out, but might see out the next Watford boss.
-Smith would be harsh, but Villa should be a Premier League team and I can see them panicking if that comes under serious threat. Terry must have a spell in charge at some point anyway.
-Southampton will stick with Hasenhuttl for as long as they can, but unless they are ready to back him in the Championship then they’ll eventually panic.
-Ole’s going nowhere whatever happens this season.

I don’t think Farke’s safe either.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Does any other league have this kind of turnover of managers in a season?

Even feels like more candidates could be added to the O.P!