PL Weekend Fixtures 17/10/20 - 19/10/20

Walters_19_MuFc

Didn't watch Chelsea vs Soton but it seems Chelsea's trend continues, as in they score goals but concede a lot, too.

Wonder Lampard will regret not pushing out the boat for a top class centre back?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
This day is going too well, it's my bday tomorrow as well, just watch Utd ruin it all later

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Lampard will again be furious at the comedy troupe he has at the back, and he himself needs to take responsibility and find some answers fast, as his fine forwards are being let down. Credit to Southampton too, who hung on in the first half and were superb in the second.

Godfather

Didn't watch Chelsea vs Soton but it seems Chelsea's trend continues, as in they score goals but concede a lot, too.

Wonder Lampard will regret not pushing out the boat for a top class centre back?
Wonder whether Abramovic will regret not going for a proper manager

Zoo

Lampard will again be furious at the comedy troupe he has at the back, and he himself needs to take responsibility and find some answers fast, as his fine forwards are being let down. Credit to Southampton too, who hung on in the first half and were superb in the second.
He could start by using their best CB Rudiger instead of ostracising him, like he did to Giroud for much of last season.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
He could start by using their best CB Rudiger instead of ostracising him, like he did to Giroud for much of last season.
Chelsea fans themselves seem to be at odds over the pecking order for them at the back. I personally think Christensen is awful, but he was ok today and it was Zouma's time to make a mess of something. Maybe Rudiger should come in, but I also think it's fair to point out none of them are helped by having Kepa behind them.

GameOn

Hilarious really. Lampard was seemingly oblivious to Chelsea’s defensive issues over the summer.
This is what I don't get: Their biggest problem has been the defense and then they go out and spend hundreds of millions on ... wingers and strikers?!

Jaxa

How long until the Poch to Chelsea rumours start ...I do feel Chelsea would definitely go for him if they have to replace Frank

Feed Me

I'm hungry
This is what I don't get: Their biggest problem has been the defense and then they go out and spend hundreds of millions on ... wingers and strikers?!
Sheer stupidity. I spent a lot of time on here pointing out that their squad building was completely imbalanced, but I was assured that they were doing good business. They will be completely hamstrung by their back line.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
We brought in 2 defenders and a goalkeeper as well.
That doesn’t tell the full story when one of those defenders has gone straight out on loan and the other is a geriatric who has already dropped a bollock. Your defensive reinforcements smacked of, “shit, we better do something so the backdoor isn’t left wide open.”

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
That doesn’t tell the full story when one of those defenders has gone straight out on loan and the other is a geriatric who has already dropped a bollock. Your defensive reinforcements smacked of, “shit, we better do something so the backdoor isn’t left wide open.”
Chilwell and Silva. That's 2 defenders.

I was not including Sarr.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Southampton is actually the real life FM mid table team.

Play high tempo attacking - ✔
Promote youth- ✔
Low budget - ✔

nuanced

loves geopolitical narrative
They didn't offer anything in attack all game apart from a few brilliant pieces of play from Werner and Havertz. They don't buy those two, and Chelsea have no hopes of scoring a goal today.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Sheer stupidity. I spent a lot of time on here pointing out that their squad building was completely imbalanced, but I was assured that they were doing good business. They will be completely hamstrung by their back line.
We signed a keeper who looks good and a defender people are criminally underestimating because of his age.

Furthermore finishing was just as big a problem last season, many dropped points in lesser games came because of that. And to further add you conceded 54 goals in 18/19 (like we did last season) and Ole did what you're suggesting we should do and "fix the defense" and guess what? You needed a game changing attacking signing to even gain parity on the 18/19 points total.