PL Weekend Fixtures 17/10/20 - 19/10/20

Wilt

Doubt there will be any shock results this w/e

:nervous:

Pep's Suit

Surely it's for Everton to finally show something? But in reality I fully expect Pool to win 3-1 or so. But then wouldn't be surprised to see Arsenal beat City. Maybe 2-0.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Despite how good Everton have looked, Liverpool will comfortably win. There is a giant mental block there with Everton. 3-1.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I don’t think we will but if we somehow manage to win today I think we will get top 4. This is the biggest mental block of all. As bizarre as it sounds I’d be more confident about winning the title than beating Liverpool. :lol:

Irrational.

It would be just typical of Everton to lie and get their ass beat by Liverpool today after how imperious they've looked this season.

Irrational.

To be fair, Liverpool are a much better side. It would be no disgrace.
True, but it would be a shame for Everton to lose this momentum that they've built. They've developed quite a formidable side with a fantastic manager - maybe the best Everton team in the last decade? Would like to see them do well this season and actually give Liverpool some kind of contest for once!

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
It will be the usual bend over and take routine from Everton.
We haven’t won at Goodison in years. Once in ten years? Even though Everton feels like they always lose to us and have the perception of being our whipping boys their draws at home against always feel like losses since our season kind of gets derailed afterwards. That draw two years ago lost the league for us imo.
All those draws and now they’re better, much better.

Last edited:

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I don’t think we will but if we somehow manage to win today I think we will get top 4. This is the biggest mental block of all. As bizarre as it sounds I’d be more confident about winning the title than beating Liverpool. :lol:
I’ve always kinda liked Everton, dunno about you guys but it always felt to me there was a Utd/Everton & City/Liverpool fan alliance. I have a question though. Why do you think you always capitulate against Liverpool? Because even when City were shit they still gave us a good game. It’s just weird to me how a local derby can be so one sided, especially considering Everton have never been a particularly bad side. At worst midtable over the years.

Mick1

I’ve always kinda liked Everton, dunno about you guys but it always felt to me there was a Utd/Everton & City/Liverpool fan alliance. I have a question though. Why do you think you always capitulate against Liverpool? Because even when City were shit they still gave us a good game. It’s just weird to me how a local derby can be so one sided, especially considering Everton have never been a particularly bad side. At worst midtable over the years.
Kind of a city vs city. Locals to either cities would be able to explain it better.
Out s a four way hate chain.
Edit: i ve only been to merseyside once and disliked the experience deeply.
Liverpool or everton, scouse are scouse.

mu4c_20le

Can't see Everton winning this. Even if Adrian throws the ball into his own net, they'll concede twice.

Needham

I’ve always kinda liked Everton, dunno about you guys but it always felt to me there was a Utd/Everton & City/Liverpool fan alliance.
Two best hooligan books of all time don't quite confirm this but Andy Nichols definitely prefers United to Liverpool even during the supposed years of Merseyside United and is reasonably friendly with his Utd counterpart of that era, Tony O'Neill. Not sure what City fans would make of the other half of your assertion.

Tibs

Come on Everton!

Give us that feel good factor because we will get the shit factor from watching us play Juventus later, sorry I mean Newcastle. Balance

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Tell blue moon that :D:lol::lol:

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
They used to be the most racist fans towards us and Liverpool.Shocking given the amount of black Liverpudlians from that side of the city that were Everton fans. I recall the stick Barnes got. I never went there in the 80s
Things seemed to change between the sets of fans after Busby died and we played them first game. They were very respectful and respect to them for that.

Can't say there's a love fest between Utd and Everton but it's better than the Utd/Liverpool rivalry.That's largely due to them being shit for so long and the feeling that,'the enemy of my enemy is my friend.'

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
If they once did, City fans do not like Liverpool anymore!

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Just truly dawned on me Matip has been injured for a year :houllier:

good to have him back

fps

Still can’t believe United didn’t go Ancelotti after Ferguson or indeed at any point when changing manager since. Guaranteed performance level.