PL Weekend Fixtures 17/10/20 - 19/10/20

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
So you're a mindreader now?
Just watch the video, watch his facial expression when he touches her, he is still angry with her.

Either way the rules state no touching, so he should be on a yellow or red.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
This is rough. Not just for this season, but going forward as well. Vidic was never the same after that ACL injury. I'm always wary of it after him.
There's the increased risk of him doing it in his other knee now as well. Recently happened to Zaniolo.

RashyForPM

At first I thought it was the PC brigade on one again, but having watched it back, it’s pretty bad :nervous: Can’t touch a ref, especially a female one, on the neck like that. Whether it’s sexual or not, that’s a borderline red, minimum yellow.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Just watch the video, watch his facial expression when he touches her, he is still angry with her.

Either way the rules state no touching, so he should be on a yellow or red.
You said that it was cleary not a big deal to her. Women have non-chalantly been shrugging men off for hundreds of years only to feel terrible on the inside.

Untd55

I don't see Aguero touching the male sideline referees shoulders
Touching refs isn't a new thing; male referees have been touched before. Di Maria was sent off for it, and it was a ridiculous overblowing of the situation.

Do you remember Di Canio shoving the referee on the floor? That was aggressive; this was a pat.

Cloud7

There's the increased risk of him doing it in his other knee now as well. Recently happened to Zaniolo.
As a United fan I'm glad, as he was, in my opinion, the glue that made a good Liverpool side great, and I'm sure over the course of the season his absence will be telling, but just for him as a player, that's really rough.

vodrake

You don't even need to be brining gender into it, you cant just grab an official and pull back on them because they're not listening to you complain at them for not giving a decision your way. It's a cardable offense at minimum

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
His had was on her opposite shoulder. Not near her neck. You're acting like he grabbed her neck or gave her a stone cold stunner or something. He simply put his arm around her shoulder and not even in an aggressive manner.
Why is he touching her?

AltiUn

As a United fan I'm glad, as he was, in my opinion, the glue that made a good Liverpool side great, and I'm sure over the course of the season his absence will be telling, but just for him as a player, that's really rough.
He'll be a big miss for them, he's the only Liverpool player I don't have to admit through gritted teeth is class. I'm not going to pretend I'm gutted they're missing him but it's not a nice injury at all.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Thing was, it wasn’t a pat on the shoulder. He reached around her neck and pulled her towards him briefly. That is a power move, not an apology.

Is he out for that long?

Just watched the replay there. Madness the goalie couldn't be punished for the challenge because VVD was offside
that’s not what happened.

Pickford can still get a red card even if the whiskey has blown.

the ref and VAR could have taken action. They weren’t prevented from doing so because he was offside.

100% on the ref and VAR for not sending him off, not the rules.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
that’s not what happened.

Pickford can still get a red card even if the whiskey has blown.

the ref and VAR could have taken action. They weren’t prevented from doing so because he was offside.

100% on the ref and VAR for not sending him off, not the rules.
I’m all about the whiskey!

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Thing was, it wasn’t a pat on the shoulder. He reached around her neck and pulled her towards him briefly. That is a power move, not an apology.
Yep, agree completely. If it was an apology or a tap to get her attention (which is what I was expecting when people first started posting about it) it wouldn't have been any big deal. That certainly wasn't either of those things.

Maureen-yo

Is he out for that long?

Just watched the replay there. Madness the goalie couldn't be punished for the challenge because VVD was offside
The ref can still send someone off after the whistle is blown, it was a massive error by the refereeing team (including VAR).

Superunknown

Arsenal look like they can handle themselves. Not quite there, but they look solid and not easy to play against. Look like they could do with another creative player/goal-threat or two.

AltiUn

I really like the look of these inswinging Arsenal corners, the delivery on them is really nice and Ederson looks really uncomfortable.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Arsenal look like they can handle themselves. Not quite there, but they look solid and not easy to play against. Look like they could do with another creative player/goal-threat or two.
Yeah, they're going toe-to-toe with a good City side (obviously not their PL best), which they downright couldn't have done pre-Arteta. I'm impressed with his work so far.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
It can happen, but when it happens due to recklessness of another players then it stinks.
I can’t fault Pickford that much. He came out to cut down the angle, made himself big, then clattered into VVD. He had to come out with some pace, it’s unfortunate that he clattered into VVD.

Pickford leading feet first though leaves a lot to be desired.